MCUniverse: Into the Spider-Thread

SpaceChampion

1 minute ago, DMC said:

You don't think they're just big fans of TBS' The Misery Index?

Wow that sounds stupid and subjective as hell. I meant because of her and the guy who takes the Tesseract on Loki. He was Jason's best friend Pillboi on The Good Place. 

8 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Wow that sounds stupid and subjective as hell.

I was just joking.  Mentioned it because the only reason I've heard of her is because of seeing ads for the TBS show - which I've never actually seen and looks ridiculous.  Haven't gotten around to watching The Good Place.

21 minutes ago, briantw said:

So, like, the biggest plot hole in the entire MCU is why Hulk opted to walk down a hundred flights of stairs instead of just jumping to the street, right?  

He was trying to work on his control issues! Also I guess there were people down there maybe? 

I still think the biggest is "why not give everyone an iron man suit?" Like Clint and Natasha especially. Come on. 

Edit: oh man that's what Age of Ultron should have. been. Have it start with all of them all starked up until Ultron turns it against them in the first act instead of generic robots. 

6 hours ago, RumHam said:

I still think the biggest is "why not give everyone an iron man suit?" Like Clint and Natasha especially. Come on. 

There's no reason to. Not even Tony should have an Iron Man suit. Why put people at risk when Tony can simply build drones that'll do the job just as well?

The thing about superheroes in general and tech-based ones in particular is that if you start to think about the world-building even a bit it falls apart. But that's not unique to superheroes, to be fair. Fantasy and sci-fi tend to fall victim to the same issues. Why is there even a bridge on the Enterprise? The computer should be flying it!

1 hour ago, mormont said:

There's no reason to. Not even Tony should have an Iron Man suit. Why put people at risk when Tony can simply build drones that'll do the job just as well?

The thing about superheroes in general and tech-based ones in particular is that if you start to think about the world-building even a bit it falls apart. But that's not unique to superheroes, to be fair. Fantasy and sci-fi tend to fall victim to the same issues. Why is there even a bridge on the Enterprise? The computer should be flying it!

The enterprise should really just be a drone, and the whole show is about the guy who flies it from his tiny apartment , in between eating take away food and watching other sci fi on his other screen. 

That would be better than Star Trek Discovery anyway.

3 hours ago, mormont said:

He's an egomaniac who likes the action.

I don’t like the Concept of Loki. They shouldn’t have gone down this route. With one series any semblance of internal consistency within the MCU is thrown out of the water. 

Nothing makes any sense. I am calling it. Loki is when the MCU finally has jumped the shark. 

7 hours ago, mormont said:

So Whiplash was right. "Drone better!" 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

The fights look great, but there is so much CGI background. 

I was thinking mid trailer if Covid affected their shoot? Did they have to over rely on CGI  for locations? Almost all of it feels very ‘shot in a studio’, though that isn’t too unusual for Marvel and Disney.

While this is an improvement on the last trailer it still seems deeply formulaic and forgettable. So far the lead is incredibly uninspiring, he looks like a middle aged soccer dad. 

The only thing that sparked my interest even a tiny bit is the presence of Tony Leung, who is great, but will I doubt save the movie 

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

he looks like a middle aged soccer dad. 

I have been and knew a lot of middle aged soccer dads. Never met one that was 30, jacked, physically adept, and show-stoppingly handsome.

It's fine if this is not the film for you. I'm stoked, myself. This trailer certainly addresses the complaints of not being 'superheroey' enough in the last one: I said then that was probably going to come in later trailers, and now we see it!

3 minutes ago, mormonte said:

I have been and knew a lot of middle aged soccer dads. Never met one that was 30, jacked, physically adept, and show-stoppingly handsome.

It's fine if this is not the film for you. I'm stoked, myself. This trailer certainly addresses the complaints of not being 'superheroey' enough in the last one: I said then that was probably going to come in later trailers, and now we see it!

I’m not surprised 

Archived