Jump to content
SpaceChampion

MCUniverse: Into the Spider-Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, sifth said:

By the way, did you know Disney is evil, lol

A chunk of meatloaf; slathered in store bought tomato sauce; served in a shiny new bed pan, and, a loaf of week-old bread we left out in the sun; finished with garlic butter and a propane torch; served on a bed of iceberg lettuce and a quart of ranch dressing.

Thirty bucks. Bon a petit, Sucka.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, it feels so weird. Ma Dong-seok is the only actor that has me a little interested in The Eternal's film. That guy was amazing in Train to Busan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure where this belongs because its just an idle curious thought but it relates to a Marvel movie and possibly the associated rights so I'm going to post it here.

How/why is Spider Man Far From Home on Netflix? As far as I can tell all other Marvel movies moved to Disney+, right? Is this to do with the weird Spider Man rights between Disney and Sony?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I'm not sure where this belongs because its just an idle curious thought but it relates to a Marvel movie and possibly the associated rights so I'm going to post it here.

How/why is Spider Man Far From Home on Netflix? As far as I can tell all other Marvel movies moved to Disney+, right? Is this to do with the weird Spider Man rights between Disney and Sony?

Yea Netflix has streaming rights for Sony films I believe, the Spider-Man MCU movies have never been on Disney+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Yea Netflix has streaming rights for Sony films I believe, the Spider-Man MCU movies have never been on Disney+.

I believe the Edward Norton Hulk movie is also not on Disney+ despite being canonical.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, briantw said:

I believe the Edward Norton Hulk movie is also not on Disney+ despite being canonical.  

This is correct. Universal have the distribution rights to this and, at present, any future Hulk solo films, which is why there's never been a sequel (meaning the post-credits tease of this movie is a plot thread that hasn't been addressed for thirteen years and counting - take that, GRRM!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mormont said:

This is correct. Universal have the distribution rights to this and, at present, any future Hulk solo films, which is why there's never been a sequel (meaning the post-credits tease of this movie is a plot thread that hasn't been addressed for thirteen years and counting - take that, GRRM!)

Which post credits tease are you referring to? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Which post credits tease are you referring to? 

I might be misremembering, actually: I don't think that was post-credits after all. But I was referring to Tim Blake Nelson as Samuel Sterns being mutated by the Hulk's blood, teasing the introduction of the Leader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that was in the movie proper. The post credit scene was Stark talking to Ross in a bar, saying the super-soldier program was old hat, and hinting at putting a team together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mormont said:

But I was referring to Tim Blake Nelson as Samuel Sterns being mutated by the Hulk's blood, teasing the introduction of the Leader.

I think at this point we have to assume Hulk's blood killed Tim Blake Nelson rather than turning him into an evil genius.

...although, nevermind.  Looking Sterns up on the MCU wiki, apparently this happened:

Quote

With his brain still expanded due his infection, Sterns was found by Black Widow, who asked him if he was Samuel Sterns, to which Sterns responded that perhaps he indeed was once but that now he shall become much more. Sterns then identified Black Widow's birthplace from a hint of an accent in her voice. He attempted to bribe her, promising he would help her return to Stalingrad and share his vision with hers, but Black Widow shot him the leg and subsequently placed him into S.H.I.E.L.D. custody. Sterns was taken afterwards to a secure location to be studied by S.H.I.E.L.D. scientists. The incident relating to Stern's arrest was later referred to as "Project Mr. Blue".[2]

The citation for this is an 8 issue comic book series released in 2012 called "The Avengers Prelude: Fury's Big Week," which I'd never heard of until now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should we be concerned that there are no reviews for Loki seventeen hours before it premiers? I remember reading reviews of the last two shows before they came out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Should we be concerned that there are no reviews for Loki seventeen hours before it premiers?

Nah it's just cuz Loki screwed up the timeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RumHam said:

Should we be concerned that there are no reviews for Loki seventeen hours before it premiers? I remember reading reviews of the last two shows before they came out. 

I've seen three so far for the first two episodes and they were all very positive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed the first episode of Loki, in terms of comedy and emotion, it blows the first two shows out of the water, IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, sifth said:

I really enjoyed the first episode of Loki, in terms of comedy and emotion, it blows the first two shows out of the water, IMO

I don't know in comedy, but it was surprisingly emotional, yes. I've enjoyed it,. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't watched it yet, but what is the "Wow" count? Any nods to Midnight in Paris?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

I don't know in comedy, but it was surprisingly emotional, yes. I've enjoyed it,. 

I mean I personally didn't find WandaVison's or the adventures of Sam and Bucky's first episode to be out right funny in anyway way. I know in the former's case they were trying to make it funny, but the retro jokes didn't land for me. I much prefer seeing Loki getting his butt kicked by the temporal IRS. 

Edited by sifth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...