CraStark

So I was thinking about it while reading this thread: We know why Craster gets rid of only the boys. Why the boys are enough to the White Walkers? Why they don't want females? Why the Night's Queen is the only female White Walker we ever heard of? Is she like a bee queen?

Also, I doubt Craster has any bloodrelation to Starks or Targaryens. BR was old enough not to be able to make any child by the time he took the Black. The Stark one, on the other hand, sounds hilarious.

Also, I think the Night's King was a Stark, and I find it pretty cool, tho. 

1 hour ago, Rondo said:

Ah, I see.  You don't believe the Op's theory.  Well, I do.  The evidence is not proof but they do point towards them sharing the same family.  George Martin is not going to give proof.  What he will do is give clues.  The clues are there.  NK was a Stark.  The ice queen favored and mated with him.  The fact they were able to do this was amazing.  There is a blood connection.  

Why you might ask was the ice queen desperate for this man?  I am going to take a wild guess.  Azor Ahai removed the testicles of the Others to keep them from reproducing.  That was their punishment after the last great war.  It doesn't matter how.  They became sterile.  So why not sleep with the wildling men on the north side of the wall?  Why this particular man?  Because of his blood.  The ice queen is not immortal.  She had to die.  If she can reproduce with a Stark and the Others are now changing Craster's sons, it is a clue which point to their compatible biology.  

:bang:

Have you read the books?

38 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

We know why Craster gets rid of only the boys. Why the boys are enough to the White Walkers? Why they don't want females?

I think that  it's not a case of what the Other wanted, but rather who Craster wanted to give. And he wanted to keep the girls for obvious disgusting reasons.

Just now, Lilac & Gooseberries said:
1 hour ago, Rondo said:

Ah, I see.  You don't believe the Op's theory.  Well, I do.  The evidence is not proof but they do point towards them sharing the same family.  George Martin is not going to give proof.  What he will do is give clues.  The clues are there.  NK was a Stark.  The ice queen favored and mated with him.  The fact they were able to do this was amazing.  There is a blood connection.  

Why you might ask was the ice queen desperate for this man?  I am going to take a wild guess.  Azor Ahai removed the testicles of the Others to keep them from reproducing.  That was their punishment after the last great war.  It doesn't matter how.  They became sterile.  So why not sleep with the wildling men on the north side of the wall?  Why this particular man?  Because of his blood.  The ice queen is not immortal.  She had to die.  If she can reproduce with a Stark and the Others are now changing Craster's sons, it is a clue which point to their compatible biology.  

:bang:

Have you read the books?

Does fan fiction count?

On 2/25/2021 at 6:09 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Craster's bloodline is special because the Others accepted his boys.  He has a good relationship with the Others because he gives them his boys.  A lot of wildlings would glady do that.  There would be no need for the wildlings to flee from the white walkers if they can keep the Others happy with the gift of an occasional baby boy.  So the baby's DNA is clearly important.  The Others do not want just any baby.  It has to be a boy and it has to come from Craster. 

The Night's King was a Stark.  The female Other sought him out.  Why him in particular?  Because of his bloodline.  If the first white walkers were created from Stark stock, it would help explain why.  Only a Stark can be converted to a white walker.  The DNA has to be compatible.  The Stark ability to enter and control animals is also important because it gives the Others the tool they need to control their wights.  Craster is a Stark. 

There's a paragraph on page 459, A Storm of Swords (Kindle format), which confirms that the Others are the brothers of Craster's baby.  There are two men in history who were able to reproduce an Other.  The Nights King and Craster.  I like the theory.  Nights King was a Stark and his seed was used by the Others.  If Craster's seed was also used, it could mean that they are from the same family.  They're compatible.

33 minutes ago, 300 H&H Magnum said:

There's a paragraph on page 459, A Storm of Swords (Kindle format), which confirms that the Others are the brothers of Craster's baby.  There are two men in history who were able to reproduce an Other.  The Nights King and Craster.  I like the theory.  Nights King was a Stark and his seed was used by the Others.  If Craster's seed was also used, it could mean that they are from the same family.  They're compatible.

I mean, if you want a simple explanation, a Stark who lived 8000 years ago is an ancestor of every current human being on Westeros. Even beyond the Wall, and as south as Dorne. The opposite is mathematically impossible

I mean if we're going for the full crackpot, maybe Craster is a Targaryen

His bloodline is therefore still magic, and it explains the incest. Maybe he's Bloodraven's son.

What proof do I have for this? Fuck all, but that seems to be the trend on this thread.

On 3/1/2021 at 7:09 PM, 300 H&H Magnum said:

This one?

"They?" said Sam, and the raven cocked its black head and echoed, "They. They. They."
"The boy's brothers," said the old woman on the left. "Craster's sons. The white cold's rising out there, crow. I can feel it in my bones. These poor old bones don't lie. They'll be here soon, the sons."

That doesn't 'confirm' anything.
It suggests that some people believe that the Others are brothers of Craster's baby.t h
People make assumptions or believe falsehoods all the time. What you need to do with such statements is examine their credibility, and look for supporting credible evidence.

There is zero supporting credible evidence and her own credibility here is very low. If it were true, she would not know it first hand, and if it is false there are good reasons why she might believe it anyway.

Even the Nights King story has little credibility as used in this theory. It is close to 8000 years old, distorted by time, and by all accounts obviously comes from the enemies who vanquished the Nights King - the victors set the history. It may or may not have any elements of truth at all! Even with that kind of distortion and potentially false representation, still the story doesn't actually include Other-creation.

On 3/1/2021 at 1:09 AM, 300 H&H Magnum said:

:agree:

On 2/26/2021 at 8:58 AM, Mad King Bolton said:

It's true that Martin has used appearance description many times, but it's not in everyone.  True that some of Crasters daughters would likely have had a Valyrian look, but you don't get much description of that and you don't know who Craster's mother was. For all we know she had stronger darker genes which often take over (the entire "the seed is strong' notion).  then it gets watered down with every generation of crasters children.  Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion, but it IS an opinion.  My opinion is that the magical blood theory connects to Targaryens and you're right that the Others predate the Valyrians of course, but not Craster.  I don't necessarily say that Crasters babies become new Others, that's unproven, we just know that the Others take them and that could be to use their blood for some other purpose.  

That's fine.  Stick to your opinion.  You have that right.  I agree with the lord of the Crossing.  Craster is a Stark.  There is a reference farther up which proves that the Craster-Stark boys got turned into white walkers.  

:agree:

On 2/28/2021 at 8:33 PM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I think that  it's not a case of what the Other wanted, but rather who Craster wanted to give. And he wanted to keep the girls for obvious disgusting reasons.

Spot on.

Are Craster's sheep Starks too?

The Other said something in a language that Will did not know; his voice like the cracking of ice on a winter lake, and the words were mocking.

From the first prologue, we know the Others have a warped sense of humour. They let Craster live because it amused them to accept his sacrifices.

It's the reason why Gillie was concerned for her son.  The White Walkers take the boys and make him one of them.  Bloodline is very important to the Valyrians and the Targaryens.  I suspect the same thing with the Starks and the Others.  Craster's bloodline is important to the Others.  Craster is also very likely a Stark. 

On 2/25/2021 at 6:09 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Craster's bloodline is special because the Others accepted his boys.  He has a good relationship with the Others because he gives them his boys.  A lot of wildlings would glady do that.  There would be no need for the wildlings to flee from the white walkers if they can keep the Others happy with the gift of an occasional baby boy.  So the baby's DNA is clearly important.  The Others do not want just any baby.  It has to be a boy and it has to come from Craster. 

The Night's King was a Stark.  The female Other sought him out.  Why him in particular?  Because of his bloodline.  If the first white walkers were created from Stark stock, it would help explain why.  Only a Stark can be converted to a white walker.  The DNA has to be compatible.  The Stark ability to enter and control animals is also important because it gives the Others the tool they need to control their wights.  Craster is a Stark. 

He is a Stark

Archived