What are your favorite ships?

Alyn Oakenfist

14 minutes ago, PrettyLittlePsycho said:

2 pages and nobody even mentioned my favorite girl, Arya ?

Why would they? She's an 11 year old with no prior established love interest.

14 minutes ago, PrettyLittlePsycho said:

I know there is like 0 percent chance of it happening but I want her to be with Aegon. They have soo much in common, they´d be awesome as king and queen.

What exactly do they have in common, besides maybe being a dramatic reenactment of Rhaegar and Lyanna?

When I first read the title of this post I thought it meant sailing ships so I was all ready to write about King Robert’s Hammer and Sea Bitch.

And now I’m all disappointed.

If anyone was wondering, my favourite ship in ASOIAF is Black Betha

1 hour ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

What exactly do they have in common, besides maybe being a dramatic reenactment of Rhaegar and Lyanna?

ADWD Epilogue

"No." The eunuch's voice seemed deeper. "He is here. Aegon has been shaped for rule since before he could walk. He has been trained in arms, as befits a knight to be, but that was not the end of his education. He reads and writes, he speaks several tongues, he has studied history and law and poetry. A septa has instructed him in the mysteries of the Faith since he was old enough to understand them. He has lived with fisherfolk, worked with his hands, swum in rivers and mended nets and learned to wash his own clothes at need. He can fish and cook and bind up a wound, he knows what it is like to be hungry, to be hunted, to be afraid. Tommen has been taught that kingship is his right. Aegon knows that kingship is his duty, that a king must put his people first, and live and rule for them."

Replace Aegon with Arya and it´s still a perfect fit.

2 minutes ago, PrettyLittlePsycho said:

ADWD Epilogue

"No." The eunuch's voice seemed deeper. "He is here. Aegon has been shaped for rule since before he could walk. He has been trained in arms, as befits a knight to be, but that was not the end of his education. He reads and writes, he speaks several tongues, he has studied history and law and poetry. A septa has instructed him in the mysteries of the Faith since he was old enough to understand them. He has lived with fisherfolk, worked with his hands, swum in rivers and mended nets and learned to wash his own clothes at need. He can fish and cook and bind up a wound, he knows what it is like to be hungry, to be hunted, to be afraid. Tommen has been taught that kingship is his right. Aegon knows that kingship is his duty, that a king must put his people first, and live and rule for them."

Replace Aegon with Arya and it´s still a perfect fit.

Fair enough. Still, it's never gonna happen and the ages don't line up. Aegon and Sansa on the other hand... I actually think Sansa is the second most likely Queen for Aegon to have after Arianne.

4 hours ago, PrettyLittlePsycho said:

Shame! Shame! Shame! :P

I know there is like 0 percent chance of it happening but I want her to be with Aegon. They have soo much in common, they´d be awesome as king and queen.

Jonrya?  Sansrya?  Jon/Harem?

3 hours ago, McGuv19 said:

When I first read the title of this post I thought it meant sailing ships so I was all ready to write about King Robert’s Hammer and Sea Bitch.

And now I’m all disappointed.

If anyone was wondering, my favourite ship in ASOIAF is Black Betha

Rip.

I love Silence, but im anxiously awaiting the Sweet Cersei and Lord Tywin. However my favorite is Iron Victory, with all those damn monkeys lol.

But shout out to Stinking Steward and that ship Sansa and Petyr sailed out of KL. Really any ship that has Sansa or Tyrion I like; Speaking of which, I ship Tyrion and Sansa. (As does GRRM and so should Westeros)

7 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Rip.

I love Silence, but im anxiously awaiting the Sweet Cersei and Lord Tywin. However my favorite is Iron Victory, with all those damn monkeys lol.

But shout out to Stinking Steward and that ship Sansa and Petyr sailed out of KL. Really any ship that has Sansa or Tyrion I like; Speaking of which, I ship Tyrion and Sansa. (As does GRRM and so should Westeros)

Heh. I ship these ship jokes. Shoutout to the Myraham.

But I dunno about Tyrion and Sansa. GRRM spends a lot of time showing Sansa's horror and humiliation at her forced marriage. To be honest, Tyrion really isn't the great guy he was portrayed as in the show. The nice things he did for Sansa amounted to saving her from sexual assault and promising not to rape her. So... congrats, Tyrion, for clearing the lowest bars possible. You get a lemon cake.

6 hours ago, PrettyLittlePsycho said:

Shame! Shame! Shame! :P

I mentioned Arya twice in my post (#23).  With Edric Dayne and Podrick Payne (both her age).  I think Gendry would be a bad match; too little in common.

I think Aegon is a red herring and am skeptical of Varys's definition of a good ruler in any event.  Arya's got issues to work out anyway, such as a propensity for violence. 

2 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Do you ship Sansa and Tyrion in ASOS or just sometimes in the future when Sansa isn't a captive 12 year old?

I didnt really have an opinion one way or the other in asos, was just flying through pages then.

By twow time sounds good though, or later, whatever.

2 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

Heh. I ship these ship jokes. Shoutout to the Myraham.

Yea cool story

But I dunno about Tyrion and Sansa. GRRM spends a lot of time showing Sansa's horror and humiliation at her forced marriage.

And a lot of shame and distance from Tyrions.

But they both think about each other and not everything was terrible, although nothing was good.

To be honest, Tyrion really isn't the great guy

Hes got flashes of suspect morality but overall hes a decent chap. Hes definitely headed for great things though, like Sansa

The nice things he did for Sansa amounted to saving her from sexual assault and promising not to rape her. So... congrats, Tyrion, for clearing the lowest bars possible. You get a lemon cake.

He straight up saved her life from the KG, and stopped all beatings after that. When king Joff was publicly laying his intentions to wildly violate Sansa on her wedding night, Tyrion stood up for her.

Even when hes on trial for his life with the full suspicion that Sansa had a hand in Joffs death, because she did, he thought of the fact that he was Sansas husband and absolved her of guilt

1 hour ago, Nevets said:

I mentioned Arya twice in my post (#23).  With Edric Dayne and Podrick Payne (both her age).  I think Gendry would be a bad match; too little in common.

I think Aegon is a red herring and am skeptical of Varys's definition of a good ruler in any event.  Arya's got issues to work out anyway, such as a propensity for violence. 

Sorry, missed that.

But I think Varys has a very good grip on what a good ruler should be like. Otherwise you´re right, but one can dream. :love:

2 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

I didnt really have an opinion one way or the other in asos, was just flying through pages then.

Yea cool story

But they both think about each other and not everything was terrible, although nothing was good.

Hes got flashes of suspect morality but overall hes a decent chap. Hes definitely headed for great things though, like Sansa

He straight up saved her life from the KG, and stopped all beatings after that. When king Joff was publicly laying his intentions to wildly violate Sansa on her wedding night, Tyrion stood up for her.

Even when hes on trial for his life with the full suspicion that Sansa had a hand in Joffs death, because she did, he thought of the fact that he was Sansas husband and absolved her of guilt

He has more than “flashes” of suspect morality.

Cinnamon Wind, undoubtedly

I can't deny I'm very invested in seeing what happens when Arya and Gendry reunite. GRRM included every. single. trope. for "young love" in their interactions, it's bound to pay off some way or another.

2 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Yea cool story

George has referred to Tyrion as a villian in the past. I agree that he is sympathetic in some ways. However, the story so far suggests he is headed down an increasingly depraved path. The better angels of Tyrion's nature are slowly giving way to a nihilistic, black rage, to the point where he expresses a desire to rape and murder his own sister. Frankly, I very much hope Sansa does not ever encounter him again, because she would be in very grave danger if she did.

Jon x Arya of course, this ship was GRRM original plan after all...no just kidding, it's gross. The real ones now:

- Ned x Ashara

- Theon x Jeyne

- Jon x Val

- Sam x Gilly

- fAegon x Arianne

- Dany x Irri

-  Edric Storm x Shireen

- Arya x Gendry

- Bran x Meera

10 hours ago, SeanF said:

He has more than “flashes” of suspect morality.

True. He goes through phases of heroic morality.

10 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

George has referred to Tyrion as a villian in the past. I agree that he is sympathetic in some ways.

As of now hes clearly not a villain

However, the story so far suggests he is headed down an increasingly depraved path.

Like Sansa

The better angels of Tyrion's nature are slowly giving way to a nihilistic, black rage, to the point where he expresses a desire to rape and murder his own sister. Frankly, I very much hope Sansa does not ever encounter him again, because she would be in very grave danger if she did.

Shes not his sister

10 hours ago, Lady Dacey said:

Cinnamon Wind, undoubtedly

I can't deny I'm very invested in seeing what happens when Arya and Gendry reunite. GRRM included every. single. trope. for "young love" in their interactions, it's bound to pay off some way or another.

Omg facts! Like 90% of the reason I want Dany to win is so she can properly reward the captain of the Cinnamon Wind.

I agree about the kids too

Archived