DCEU: The Hare's Regret

JGP

15 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Holy Shit.

Apparently Snyder went on a Geeks + Gamers charity livestream and mudded them on their own fucking channel.

Is that a good thing or not? I don't understand your lingo! I'm elderly!

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Holy Shit.

Apparently Snyder went on a Geeks + Gamers charity livestream and mudded them on their own fucking channel.

What the fuck does this mean? What is 'mudded'. I come here because it is one of the few places on the Internet people don't use ridiculous language. 

Edit, see above. 

4 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

It’s an improvement over the first, but only marginally.

DC still lost in the woods.

Completly disagree.

It is a very solid movie and the final part elevates it.

It has some cringe moments but I think it is one of the best dc movies. It is amazing how the story can be the same but told in a diferent way that makes the movie a thousand times better.

Just now, divica said:

It has some cringe moments but I think it is one of the best dc movies. It is amazing how the story can be the same but told in a diferent way that makes the movie a thousand times better.

Meh.

Momoa was less obnoxious, ditto for what's his face who plays Flash. Still don't like either of them for their respective roles. Cyborg's arc was better, but Bruce and especially Clark's?

lol

This cut will pin the tail on the Synderverse, at least. So there's that.

2 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Meh.

Momoa was less obnoxious, ditto for what's his face who plays Flash. Still don't like either of them for their respective roles. Cyborg's arc was better, but Bruce and especially Clark's?

lol

This cut will pin the tail on the Synderverse, at least. So there's that.

bruce was much better. For me he is one of the characters that most improved.

In 2017 he was moping because of supes and looking to die. Here he was a motivated man trying to bring the team together because he owed it to clark and then wiling to do whatever it took to defeat the bad guy. Even the way he decides to revive supes because they needed him to win instead of out of guilt was much better.

Clark I can agree that didn t do much. Even ww was basically the same with a couple more scenes. But the story is much more cohesive and the epilogue makes it a great movie.

To me it revives the snyder verse. There was one thing in the movie I didn t understand but I can t see how it could be much better than what it is...

I'm kind of watching both side by side, actually for the first time. Yes it's a bit strange.

I'd say already 10 minutes in the Snyder cut is just a lot better. It's really obvious which version had a singular vision and which was the interfered with.

For instance that opening sequence for Snyder does a reasonable job of tying together a number of threads around Supermans death and does it with a reasonable level of subtlety (for Snyder anyway), whereas the Whedon cut has to literally explain every single thing that is happening to you. Plus in the Whedon cut you can see the fear that WB had at not being exciting enough, so they throw in an 'action' sequence which also coincidentally lays out a ton of exposition.

Then there is the opening Aquaman scene which is kind of similar in both, but in the Whedon cut there are a number of very awkward moments, and it takes time out to again, explain exactly what the deal is, in case the audience didn't understand what is going on.

I mean even if the rest of the the Synder cut is garbage this is seemingly a good illustration of how studio interference can really destroy movies, which is something you always have a sense of when watching certain films, but now it's easier to spot.

This version feels like such a vanity project. I'd be shocked if there are any deleted scenes, since Zack Snyder might feel everything was important for his 4 hour movie.

At least now we finally know, what scenes Zack Snyder made and which ones he didn't.

I've not watched the theatrical version, and generally do not like the DCEU films I have seen (and certainly not Snyder's). I'm watching because it's an "event" and a curio, not because I expect to enjoy it.

First thoughts: I'm 40 minutes in. It's pretty much what I expected, except the action scenes so far kind of suck (it's one of the things Snyder is generally good at, so a bit surprised; though the Amazons in that chamber thing is just a confusing mass of action, and Snyder is better at the one vs one stuff, I suppose) and the score is overbearingly dour and self-important to the point of parody.

I recall that the theatrical release  scene with the bank robbery was on Youtube so decided to compare the two, and Snyder's version literally takes twice as long, in part due to redundant exposition sequences like the cop confirming to the other cop everything that the audience already knows. And I'm guessing Whedon did not lean on the ululating female chorus to signal... I don't know what. Wonder Woman being on the scene is supposed to be a moment of excitement, not dirge-like somnambulance. Whedon's version quite correctly uses the WW theme when we see Diana perched on Lady Justice.

Snyder is a weird cat. There seems something fundamentally screwy with his sense of pacing and tone.

10 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

What the fuck does this mean? What is 'mudded'. I come here because it is one of the few places on the Internet people don't use ridiculous language. 

Edit, see above. 

I haven't actually watched the stream or know all the details, because I just can't even right now, but supposedly there was something miscommunicated or misleading about who would be involved in the thing and how or I don't know. Anyway, amateur youtube geek/movie talk streams I sometimes watch were buzzing about it. One version is that he basically denounced them on that stream and the G+G crowd is definitely not happy about it.

On a side note: I don't know exactly how this ecosystem works but G+G is somehow affiliated with a SW fan community called the Fandom Menace. Gina Carrano did an interview with one of those guys in the month before she was let go. Disney knows about them and absolutely hate them because the only thing they seem to do is bash anything SW related that's made post 2012; and for all the wrong reasons. Words like "woke" and "feminist" get thrown around a lot. Never discussed but I'd say probably a factor in Disney's decision not to renew her.

Man, I hated the slow motion scenes. It's really jarring, kills the pacing stone dead, and breaks immersion completely. "Oh yeah, that's right, I'm watching a movie. And I'm bored because everything is slow." Otherwise, I found it a mild improvement of the theatrical cut, but still meh. And yeah, definitely masturbatory.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

Then there is the opening Aquaman scene which is kind of similar in both, but in the Whedon cut there are a number of very awkward moments, and it takes time out to again, explain exactly what the deal is, in case the audience didn't understand what is going on.

The aquaman scene is too long. I have no idea why they didn t cut the scene where there is a blond woman singing for 2 mins...

6 minutes ago, divica said:

The aquaman scene is too long. I have no idea why they didn t cut the scene where there is a blond woman singing for 2 mins...

Meh, i thought it was a lot better than the original version of that scene. I’m sure there are a lot of scenes which will be  ‘too long’ in the Snyder version, but honestly I’d prefer a scene that flows and creates an atmosphere than one that is terrified of losing the audiences attention for 3 seconds.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

Meh, i thought it was a lot better than the original version of that scene. I’m sure there are a lot of scenes which will be  ‘too long’ in the Snyder version, but honestly I’d prefer a scene that flows and creates an atmosphere than one that is terrified of losing the audiences attention for 3 seconds.

Yea, but the blonde lady singing was still a pointless scene that adds nothing to what already is an overly long movie. If anything this 4 hour cut should be shown to people as a lesson on why things like editing and pacing are important when you make a movie.

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I haven't actually watched the stream or know all the details, because I just can't even right now, but supposedly there was something miscommunicated or misleading about who would be involved in the thing and how or I don't know. Anyway, amateur youtube geek/movie talk streams I sometimes watch were buzzing about it. One version is that he basically denounced them on that stream and the G+G crowd is definitely not happy about it.

On a side note: I don't know exactly how this ecosystem works but G+G is somehow affiliated with a SW fan community called the Fandom Menace. Gina Carrano did an interview with one of those guys in the month before she was let go. Disney knows about them and absolutely hate them because the only thing they seem to do is bash anything SW related that's made post 2012; and for all the wrong reasons. Words like "woke" and "feminist" get thrown around a lot. Never discussed but I'd say probably a factor in Disney's decision not to renew her.

Somehow this did not really clear anything up. Still curious what "mudding" means. 

I'm not sure what G+G or the fandom menace are but I don't think Carrano needed any help getting herself fired. 

Archived