College finanical aid applications

Ser Scot A Ellison

So, my daughter has selected her school.  We’re filling out the financial aid forms.  What relevance does my wife and my 3 year driving history have to the finacial aid my daughter receives?

Property ownership.  Income.  Those I can see as relevant.  Driving record???

Anyone else notice any weird information needed for College aid applications?

Scott, the FAFSA application is asking for this information? Or are you filling out your own FAFSA ID form to sign electronically on the application? At any rate it's not the driving record so much as establishing your ID to confirm you are who you say you are.

That sounds intrusive.  Possibly checking for evidence of irresponsible behavior, unwillingness to follow rules or risk of a large financial judgment against you as a proxy for credit risk.

Unrelated but similar: I have heard that even if you aren’t applying for any financial aid, and are fully resigned to paying full sticker price for tuition, the university still demands that you complete all the forms and reveal your full financial information to them.  It seems like they should not be allowed to compel a sacrifice of privacy if they don’t have a justification.

Pretty much that would also be my guess.

Bunch of DUI might raise a few red flags in terms of how likely you are to pay up.

So in short, dumping that fisherman after your hit and run in the late 1990s was the right call. And yes, I still know what you did that last summer.

1 hour ago, kairparavel said:

Scott, the FAFSA application is asking for this information? Or are you filling out your own FAFSA ID form to sign electronically on the application? At any rate it's not the driving record so much as establishing your ID to confirm you are who you say you are.

A friend who works in financial aid at a school in Ohio said this is to confirm State residency.  We moved, in State, about two and a half years ago.  So, because my daughter is getting in state tuition, she (and we) get hightened scrutiny.

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Scot's daughter is old enough for college. Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

Ayup.  She won a nice scholarship from the PoliSci department at the school she’ll be starting at in the fall.  That’s my baby.  

During the interview one of the interviewers commented that Orwell’s 1984 was an unusual choice for a “favorite book” from the homeschooled students who applied for this scholarship.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

I would say choosing the best college is always helpful for many students for getting the best writing assignment help online.Different kind of students always try to get the best writing service platform on the https://www.instagram.com/grabmyessay/?hl=en site option where many students can get the best writing service platform to choose the assignment writing help in effective way.

Archived