Daenerys' Husbands

YeniAy_Ottoman

Probably most Dany stans will not like this issue, but the important thing here is not whether we like it or not, will it be the books or not ...? So I would be glad if you don't get emotional. Thank you.

There is something I think about Daenerys. You know that the number 3 is important for the Targaryen house in general. In particular, Dany's arc progresses over 3. The child of three probably points to this.

So many things in Dany's life are happening in triple cycles. Dany, 3rd born child. Dany has 3 dragons. There are 2 more members of Dany's immediate family, so there are now 3 Targ(Aegon may be a BF but originally he is a Targ, his roots are Targ and a cousin with Dany and Jon). Most people disagree with me but (I'm not 100% sure too, I just see it as strong probability) probably Dance 2 will be among these three dragons. Dany is in a cycle of betrayal in threes. Three persons will betrayal her. Dany conquered exactly 3 cities in Essos. If we think a little more we can add more (you can add if you remember more).

I think the same will happen for Dany's husbands. Dany has already been married 2 times so far. I see no reason not to have a third husband. More importantly, it is likely that Dany will kill her second husband, and she will also kill her future 3rd husband.

My strong candidates for the third husband candidate are two; Aegon and Euron.

Considering Dany's male taste, I think Euron is a much more likely candidate. If we consider the characters of Drogo and Daario, Euron has an essence similar to the personality of these two characters. Should we be realistic? Nobody wants to marry their daughters to Drago and Daario or to be lovers with them. They are bad boys. Euron is bad boy. Dany likes bad boys.

Euron has already taken action to prepare Westeros for Dany's arrival( 

What do you think?

I think that while a neat idea, you're selectively looking at the information.

Yes, Dany will almost definitely kill Hizdahr, but it's unclear whether in regards to her husband it will be a cycle, or some good ol' Rule of Three (setup, reinforcement, subversion)

Now, Aegon is marrying Arianne, or maybe Sansa. Regardless, he's not marrying Dany.

As for Euron, well I think given Aeron's prophecy, that he will marry Cersei, and act as the final villains after the Others are defeated (yes, like in the abomination, only Euron will be an eldritch existential threat, not Jack Spear-o)

Cause, think about it, how would Dany and Euron get together?

Euron is an ambitious guy but I don't think he will get to marry Daenerys.  A lot of men, from Quentyn to Jorah to Skahaz, would like that.  I don't even think Euron will make it out of Westeros alive.  Asha and Euron will meet and they will fight to the death.  Asha will win and give the Ironborn peace.  

17 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

As for Euron, well I think given Aeron's prophecy, that he will marry Cersei, and act as the final villains after the Others are defeated (yes, like in the abomination, only Euron will be an eldritch existential threat, not Jack Spear-o)

Cause, think about it, how would Dany and Euron get together?

That is what I think too.I mean,yes she bonded with Drogo but she was forced to.It was either to find a way to love him (who honestly was gentler with her than her brother) or be miserable and eventually to kill herself.And Daario is a sellsword.A bad boy yes,but no way he does the shit Euron does and if Dany finds him a monster,how would she find Euron?

1 minute ago, Dracul's Daughter said:

That is what I think too.I mean,yes she bonded with Drogo bu she was forced to.It was either to find a way to love him (who honestly was gentler with her than her brother) or be miserable and eventually to kill herself.And Daario is sellsword.A bad boy yes,but no way he does the shit Euron does and if Dany finds him a monster,how would she find Euron?

Also, while it is true that Dany like dangerous men, that's not the only thing they share. Dany likes dangerous men that she can control.

Dany's whole thing through the first half of AGOT is gaining power (and through it identity and agency) via her marriage to Drogo, using their relationship to gain power over Drogo.

Meanwhile, with Daario, she often thinks how their relationship only works because she is Queen.

So Dany likes men that she can control, or at least have some power over. Euron definitely doesn't qualify.

1 minute ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Also, while it is true that Dany like dangerous men, that's not the only thing they share. Dany likes dangerous men that she can control.

Dany's whole thing through the first half of AGOT is gaining power (and through it identity and agency) via her marriage to Drogo, using their relationship to gain power over Drogo.

Meanwhile, with Daario, she often thinks how their relationship only works because she is Queen.

So Dany likes men that she can control, or at least have some power over. Euron definitely doesn't qualify.

Does she have power over Hizdar?And yes,she often thinks that her relationship with Daario works only because she is a queen but not because she can control him,but because she thinks he would not find her attractive without her titles and dragons.

@Alyn Oakenfist I would give up my crown if he asked it of me, Dany thought … but he had not asked it, and never would. Daario might whisper words of love when the two of them were as one, but she knew it was the dragon queen he loved. If I gave up my crown, he would not want me. - Daenerys VII ADWD

11 minutes ago, Dracul's Daughter said:

Does she have power over Hizdar?

She believes she would, given the whole dragons and stuff.

Of course, the whole Daznak incident and the aftermath, shows that inevitably, Hizdahr was gonna execute a coup against her sooner or later, but she didn't know that, because she didn't know Queen Regnant rule no.1: "Don't get married to anybody with a shred of power and good image. They'll depose you."

9 minutes ago, Dracul's Daughter said:

@Alyn Oakenfist I would give up my crown if he asked it of me, Dany thought … but he had not asked it, and never would. Daario might whisper words of love when the two of them were as one, but she knew it was the dragon queen he loved. If I gave up my crown, he would not want me. - Daenerys VII ADWD

I mean weird, kinda character breaking fantasies aside, it doesn't change the fact that Dany is the dominant figure in their relationship.

Dany's third husband will be Jon. The third vision in the set Bride of fire is about him - "A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness", and so is the third vision in a set Slayer of lies - "From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire." The third in the Daughter of death was about Jon's father - "Rubies flew like drops of blood from the chest of a dying prince, and he sank to his knees in the water and with his last breath murmured a woman's name." So, probably, all of Dany's thirds will be connected to Jon.

Daenerys will have a husband from each of the peoples which she will rule over:  Drogo from the Dothraki, Hizdahr from the Ghiscari, and ? from the Westerosi.  Drogo was the most powerful of the khals.  Hizdahr was ranked very high among the Ghiscari.  This third husband from Westeros will be of very high social standing and accepted by the highest ranks of that society.  The choices will be limited.  Ned Dayne, Wylas Tyrell, Tristane Martell, or Robin Arryn.  Bastardry will rule out Edric Storm and Aurane Waters.  The Ironborn are the ass ends of Westeros and that rules out Euron and Victarion.  The Reeds,  Jojen and Howland are ruled out for the same social reason.  

Ned Dayne and Robin Arryn are too young.  Ned will end up with Arya.  He'll have to stick his Dawn in Arya to create his own weapon.  That leaves us with Wylas and Tristane.  Two lads of which we do not know well.  We could see a power struggle between Arrianne and Tristane.  Each Martell will have a Targaryen backer in this case.  The same thing can happen between Wylas and Margery.  

6 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

She believes she would, given the whole dragons and stuff.

Of course, the whole Daznak incident and the aftermath, shows that inevitably, Hizdahr was gonna execute a coup against her sooner or later, but she didn't know that, because she didn't know Queen Regnant rule no.1: "Don't get married to anybody with a shred of power and good image. They'll depose you."

I mean weird, kinda character breaking fantasies aside, it doesn't change the fact that Dany is the dominant figure in their relationship.

Are you sure Hizdar was part of the incident? He was getting everything he wanted from marrying Dany.

3 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

Are you sure Hizdar was part of the incident? He was getting everything he wanted from marrying Dany.

Was he? He was still the junior partner with little real power. If we accept that he was in fact in cahoots with the Harpy, which he probably was, executing a coup to then become the reigning monarch seems like the natural place to go.

Archived