Daenerys' Husbands

YeniAy_Ottoman

Just now, Rose of Red Lake said:

No fic necessary, Drogon already gave her an orgasm on their first flight together. :rofl:

Did we ever find out if that was indeed an orgasm, or just GRRM writing the ecstasy of flying very poorly? Because, yeah, the scene does have a very orgasmic read to it.

2 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

All 40 thousand?

I mean I think it'd get repetitive after a while...

Usually just the one.  The theory is that the Khal and his stallion are one, so the khaleesi must mate the stallion.

8 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Usually just the one.

Viserys would be disappointed.

8 minutes ago, SeanF said:

The theory is that the Khal and his stallion are one, so the khaleesi must mate the stallion.

So the Stallion that rides the world is actually the Minotaur?

@Alyn Oakenfist

I think that while a neat idea, you're selectively looking at the information.

Selectively looking information?

I do not agree with this with all due respect. When we look at Daenerys's life, it is obvious that almost everything occurs in triple cycles. This information is canon. As I have given a few examples, child of three mentioned in the highly probable prophecies point to this.

What I do is generate a theory by taking the current information and plotting, not selectively thing...

Yes, Dany will almost definitely kill Hizdahr, but it's unclear whether in regards to her husband it will be a cycle, or some good ol' Rule of Three (setup, reinforcement, subversion)

Based on these three cycles I mentioned, I predicted that Dany would be married 3 times. Dany has already been married 2 times. I see no reason why he should not marry for the third time.

Even you already admit that Dany will kill her second husband for some reason or another. When this happens, I'll be sure my theory will be 100% true. So I'm just waiting for the 6th book.

Dany married and killed her 1st husband. Dany has married her second husband and is going to kill her too. And you say that you don't see any reason for a character who married twice and killed both husbands to marry the third time and kill the third husband as well? Moreover, even if she kills second husband , it cannot prove a triple cycle, you say. For you to be sure of this, I guess you have to wait until you read it.

As I said, I'll just wait for her to kill her second husband on the 6th book. Then I will know that Dany will marry a third husband in the future and kill him too.

Now, Aegon is marrying Arianne, or maybe Sansa. Regardless, he's not marrying Dany.

As for Euron, well I think given Aeron's prophecy, that he will marry Cersei, and act as the final villains after the Others are defeated (yes, like in the abomination, only Euron will be an eldritch existential threat, not Jack Spear-o)

Well, I've presented a well-grounded argument. At the end of the day, I might be wrong, it's okay.

And you? Aegon will never, ever marry Dany; she will marry either Arienne or Sansa ... How did you say that? What is your evidence? According to which plot? According to which foreshadowing? On what basis do you say what you are saying? You say I am selectively looking at the information, and you say that even if Dany killed her second husband, there is no evidence for the triple cycle… But you choose not to see that Sansa character will never marry Aegon at this stage, as she will never get divorced right now. How will Aegon and Sansa come together right now? Can Aegon and Arienne get married? If it's love, why not but there's no solid argument for that either, but it's not impossible. You're talking about probabilities, I'm showing arguments. Of course when it is morning, you might be right, I might be wrong. This is not a problem again. The point I want to make here is that you actually do something that you criticize.  You are speaking very precisely, almost as if you are giving 100% correct information. 

These are just your assumptions. Of course, I have my own assumptions. However, we cannot treat our own assumptions and theories as 100% correct information and deny that other theories because do not fit them. So then, at the end of the day, what we're doing here is accepting things just because we want it to be that way, and denying it because we don't want it to happen.

I can't see a plot about Euron and Cersei's marriage. If there is a topic for this, I will be glad if you send me a link or if you open a new topic, I can evaluate your arguments there. Maybe I will agree with you (but I don't want to argue here because it is not correct to change the subject here for another). 

How can Dany and Euron get together? I gave a link about Euron ... You can check it.

By the way, I hope I didn't pick a wrong word, English is not my native language and I'm still learning. I also get help from google translate so that I can minimize my mistakes. Thank you.

@Rondo 

Euron is an ambitious guy but I don't think he will get to marry Daenerys.  A lot of men, from Quentyn to Jorah to Skahaz, would like that.  I don't even think Euron will make it out of Westeros alive.  Asha and Euron will meet and they will fight to the death.  Asha will win and give the Ironborn peace.  

Hi!

It may be a little misunderstanding, I want to correct it (or I got you wrong).

Euron and Dany marriage is not an endgame. So I'm not talking about a sweet romantic happy ending story here. That's why it's not about Euron's survival at the end of the story. If you've already read my thread, I said that if Dany's third husband will be Euron, Euron would die by Dany's hand.

So the point here is that Dany will have a third husband, and his death will be by Dany's hand(because Dany married 2 times and killed[will kill] her both husbands, its a triple cycles)  ... the husband and husband's death comes as a package. 

It seems unlikely that Asha and Euron will fight at this stage. Asha was captured in the north, and if she had the strength to go to the Iron Islands and fight, she would have done so in the first place.

That is what I think too.I mean,yes she bonded with Drogo but she was forced to.It was either to find a way to love him (who honestly was gentler with her than her brother) or be miserable and eventually to kill herself.And Daario is a sellsword.A bad boy yes,but no way he does the shit Euron does and if Dany finds him a monster,how would she find Euron?

I think one of the common mistakes we make as readers is not knowing how the characters are perceived in the eyes of other characters because we know everything. 

None of us trust LF and we find it odd when other characters trust him, but actually LF is a little guy who is friendly to people, constantly jokes and helps people with their needs.

His family knows best what Euron is, and naturally we know what Euron was like when we read through their eyes. But how will other people know what Euron is actually doing? Technically, what is Euron doing?

He stands out as a charismatic leader; he excites people, shows his strength, makes wars and gives gifts. Euron is generous in the eyes of his people because he has no interest in treasures. We are faced with a powerful warrior king, leader who constantly gives his people victories and makes them rich. Besides, this man is attractive, soft-spoken whenever he wants, handsome and young. Euron's only apparently monstrous act is that the people on his ship are tongue-cut.

Does Dany care about that? A few of those captives are wizards who want to kill Dany. Euron "I caught them for you and killed them." If he says, what can Dany say about that? For Dany, those wizards are the bad guy. Dany cremated or crucified people she thought were bad guys. Tongue-cut or sacrifice isn't terrible for Dany. Dany also did cruel things, and you know that many readers are critical of Dany's brutal actions.

Besides, for someone who calls Daario a monster but continues to be with him, Euron is no worse, on the contrary, Euron can be considered a much better male choice because he is a king and has noble blood. Daario is just a sell-sword.

Also Euron suits Dany's taste for bad boys.

Drogo, rapist and vicious. Also a powerful king, warrior. Handsome for Dany.
Daario is untrustworthy, thief, liar and more... handsome and good warrior for Dany.
Euron is all.

Since I think there will be a new Dance of Dragons, we need equivalents of the main actors in the previous one. We already have our Aegon II (fAegon), our Alicent (Arianne), our Aemond (JonCon), our Rhaenyra (Dany), we need a Daemon and Euron fits perfectly. Besides he wants Dany, is most likely a skinchanger/greenseer, he would be a great asset for the dragon queen. Cersei is screwed politically speaking, Euron doesn't have any reason to change his mind and marry her instead of Dany.

On 2/28/2021 at 12:43 PM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Cause, think about it, how would Dany and Euron get together?

Maybe she's the dragon that Euron's horn will bind?  Maybe it binds people - Euron didn't appear to be winning the kingsmoot until it was blown.

Anyway that's the only way I see Euron and Dany hooking up - that and with my hand in front of my eyes.

I like to think that left to her own devices that Dany would be immune to the charms of a dirty rapist brotherfucker like the most despicable character in the story, but at the same time I find it hard to have anything but a low opinion of Daario. Maybe I'm just hoping that if it ever comes to pass we can blame a horn.

1 hour ago, Willam Stark said:

Since I think there will be a new Dance of Dragons, we need equivalents of the main actors in the previous one. We already have our Aegon II (fAegon), our Alicent (Arianne), our Aemond (JonCon), our Rhaenyra (Dany), we need a Daemon and Euron fits perfectly. Besides he wants Dany, is most likely a skinchanger/greenseer, he would be a great asset for the dragon queen. Cersei is screwed politically speaking, Euron doesn't have any reason to change his mind and marry her instead of Dany.

We need a handful more dragons too, don't we?

16 minutes ago, chrisdaw said:

She'll definitely partner with Euron, if she marries him or not is questionable, but probably. She will also sexually/romantically couple with Aurane Waters, a Lannister and Jon.

And you're basing all of this on, what exactly?

35 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

And you're basing all of this on, what exactly?

Daario is Euron-lite. Euron is the Marc Antony of Westeros, he is the most charming and most attractive. He had his brother killed and sails in the next day. This would be ridiculous for anyone else to even try, but he's Euron, he's that bold, and not only do they not kill him, but he wins them over. He is the fire set against the mud that Barristan talks of.

Like all good queens she put her people first—else she would never have wed Hizdahr zo Loraq—but the girl in her still yearned for poetry, passion, and laughter. She wants fire, and Dorne sent her mud.

You could make a poultice out of mud to cool a fever. You could plant seeds in mud and grow a crop to feed your children. Mud would nourish you, where fire would only consume you, but fools and children and young girls would choose fire every time.

Behind the prince, Ser Gerris Drinkwater was whispering something to Yronwood. Ser Gerris was all his prince was not: tall and lean and comely, with a swordsman's grace and a courtier's wit. Selmy did not doubt that many a Dornish maiden had run her fingers through that sun-streaked hair and kissed that teasing smile off his lips. If this one had been the prince, things might have gone elsewise,

Euron is why this passage exists.

Dany's whole ADWD arc, the competition in her mind of the floppy ears against her instincts of fire and blood is pushing towards Euron. Her turn to Fire and Blood at the end of ADWD signals the turn towards Euron. And of course Euron is this,

Her silver was trotting through the grass, to a darkling stream beneath a sea of stars. A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly. A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness. . . . mother of dragons, bride of fire . . .

Grouped with Drogo and Jon. Bride of fire, the implication is plain.

By sacrificing his own child Euron will take Drogon from Dany, as is his plan. Dany will want him/a dragon back, for her own reasons at first but then to save the world when she learns of the Others. To get him back she will believe she will need to do as Euron did and as she did accidentally with Drogo, she'll need another Rhaego, and not just any bloodline will do. She will try with the old blood of Valyria, Aurane Waters, and miscarry, and then most likely with Tyrion as he will ride Viserion, and miscarry again, and when she learns of Jon and who his father was will proceed to get pregnant by him. It is the AA story, her pregnancies are the attempts to forge Lightbringer, miscarriages the failures, a flaming sword as the child sacrifice's soul is what powers the dragon's flame, her womb the fiery temple, the labouring sex and pregnancy, the fathers symbolise the elements used to temper the weapon (except Jon who is completely obscured), the sorrow in the final attempt as the time of sacrifice nears. Drogo, Euron and Jon are grouped in the bride of fire visions as they're the 3 that (will seemingly) father the sacrifices for dragons.

20 hours ago, 300 H&H Magnum said:

will all die from betrayal.  None of her husbands will live long.  They each have a purpose and they die soon after.  She inherited a khalasar from Drogo.  Hizdahr will leave her Mereen.  

Daenerys Targaryen's husbands are the tools by which fate guides the heroine to her destiny.  That destiny is not to become a housewife but to rule an Empire.  Khal Drogo was taken away after enough time had passed for her to learn and earn from him.  Hizdahr will die and after she has learned enough of Ghis and taken something from them.  I believe she will continue to free more and more of their slaves.  The husbands are disposed of in fire and used to create magic.  The traitor who betrayed the husband are also killed in the funeral ceremony.  MMD was the first of the kind.  They are all people who have been helped by Daenerys.  A former slave will betray and kill Hizdahr Zo Loraq.  This will be Missandei or Greyworm.  I would not like to believe this of them but it fits the prophecy.  The prophecy says "three treasons you will know."  Drogo's people wronged MMD's.  The people of Ghis have wronged the Naathi.  The third and last husband will also die from treason and the traitor will be burned with him.  The most curious bits to me are the gifts which will come out of the funeral flames.  The dragons are truly wonderful.  I am expecting two more wonders will come out of fires 2 and 3. 

@U. B. Cool I will agree that whoever kills Hizdahr will be somebody who has experienced being a slave of the Harpy.  This fire will be "for death."  Marwyn will have arrived with Aemon's body.  It could mean another resurrection of a dead person.  Aemon Targaryen.  The third fire will be lit in the distant future and it will bring back Rhaego. 

Archived