The Parallel Plot; Jon Snow and Arya Stark

YeniAy_Ottoman

27 minutes ago, Jay21 said:

How can you even say that? What do you know of the nature of Jon's resurrection (if it even happens)? Maybe he'll be back like Coldhands, maybe Stoneheart, maybe Beric? maybe he'll be reborn with long white hair and only 1 eye. maybe when back from the dead the last thing on his mind will be banging his little sister, maybe he'll want to eat her brains. My point is that you don't know the extent to which Jon's death will impact his love life - regardless of who he would or wouldn't spend that with.

I think we're both pretty entrenched in our opinions on this one. Let's put a pin in this and revisit it once a Dream of Spring comes out.

Whatever you want, but in light of GRRM's information about death and resurrection and examples from the story, it is relatively easy to make accurate predictions about Jon's way back.

It can't be like Cat because Cat was in the water for days and it rotted. Thoros said it was too late now, but Beric did not listen. Beric was probably like a normal person the first time, but he died 6 times and this began to erase his human side (i.e. things like his heart stopped beating), physically doing so much damage. Melisandre is probably a fire wight, showing all the attributes. I think she is very lively and healthy.

Can he completely forget Arya after Jon is resurrected, or does his emotional bond completely end? No. Actually, according to the information given, the opposite ... Martin said things like a deceased person must have a purpose to return. So think of it like some kind of anchor. The resurrected characters took "purpose" what they had emotionally grappled with in their last days. For Beric, this was his duty from the king. For Cat, it was her children and a desire for revenge. Jon's last days were also spent in emotional pain and troubles about Arya. Even when Jon was dying, he was thinking of Arya. So Arya will be the anchor for Jon's resurrection. GRRM connects Jon and Arya's entire plot in every way.

Anyway, I just wanted to write this for the last time. It was a nice conversation for me, thank you. I hope we will have a good conversation on another topic in the future.

2 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Arya’s mental illness will probably carry over in her next life as a direwolf.  

What mental illness. You throw around terms like "insane" which actually means fuck all in medical terms.

Also murder and mental illness are not the same thing.

Or are you claiming Dany is mentally ill as well?

5 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

What mental illness. You throw around terms like "insane" which actually means fuck all in medical terms.

Also murder and mental illness are not the same thing.

Or are you claiming Dany is mentally ill as well?

Careful he's about to blow us away with his textual evidence of mental illness.

Just now, Darksnider05 said:

Careful he's about to blow us away with his textual evidence of mental illness.

I can't wait. I've been waiting for so long for someone to bring one fucking piece of evidence on this thread, I was thinking we were going to have to wait till after TWOW, but alas he's definitely about to bring the Earth shattering evidence that Arya is in fact "insane"

So please, @Widowmaker 811 hit us with all you've got.

8 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

She already has. She murdered at least three people in Braavos within a short span of time. Arya’s mental illness will probably carry over in her next life as a direwolf.  

Just wondering, don't get me wrong please, are you a Sansa stan? Because we usually hear these kinds of claims from them.

Considering what Arya lived through ... Arya or even Sansa and others cannot be expected to have a very healthy psychology. In contrast, the deterioration of a person's psychology is one thing, her complete loss of mental health is quite another. 

Arya has a very closely related arc about death, but if you think it was about mental health, that would be a bit absurd because almost all of the characters in these books killed a lot of people. Even Tyrion killed both his father and Shae. Then there is a singer. Therefore, I think it is necessary to develop a healthy perspective while analyzing.

So to claim that Arya is crazy and then to show her killing a few people as an argument for that... So all the characters in this book are people who have lost their mental health.

15 minutes ago, YeniAy_Ottoman said:

Just wondering, don't get me wrong please, are you a Sansa stan? Because we usually hear these kinds of claims from them.

Wait what? I never knew that.

15 minutes ago, YeniAy_Ottoman said:

So to claim that Arya is crazy and then to show her killing a few people as an argument for that... So all the characters in this book are people who have lost their mental health.

Exactly. Ned executed people? Claerly he's insane

Dany ordered people get killed? Clearly she's insane.

And so on and so forth.

3 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Wait what? I never knew that.

Really? 

Arya stans has been exposed to a lot of Sansa stan over the past few years. To be more specific, it's between JonArya and Jonsa :D

We have often seen strange allegations. Some say that Arya will die and that she will live inside Nymeria, even some claim that Sansa will take Nymeria. I guess some they're dreaming of Arya being Sansa's dog. Some may argue that Arya will never be able to return to Westeros. So when I saw such a claim, I wondered if this friend could be Sansa stan ... Though most of them are Sansa stan are women.

10 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Exactly. Ned executed people? Claerly he's insane

Dany ordered people get killed? Clearly she's insane.

And so on and so forth.

:agree:

On 3/2/2021 at 7:17 AM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Lol. True though.

The worst part is, he kinda did. I think in AGOT and ACOK he wasn't quite sure where to take the story, which explains all the little disgusting hints towards it, like Jon comparing Ygritte to Arya and how he finds that hot :ack:

I do agree however that there's no chance of it ever happening.

Was it only in AGOT & ACOK? Seems this connection GRRM has created has dragged out through all 5 books. GRRM continues to build this connection with narrative anchors that reflect on both characters throughout 5 books. Despite being apart, Arya is still present and alive in Jon's memories and remembering her at the most random times for example.

The 1993 Outline that leaked was produced from his original plans from 1991. The fact that Jon & Arya's bond has survived in the published books (despite being separated as characters) it must mean that relationship/bond has a bigger role to play in the overall narrative. 

On 3/8/2021 at 7:25 PM, a black swan said:

Was it only in AGOT & ACOK? Seems this connection GRRM has created has dragged out through all 5 books. GRRM continues to build this connection with narrative anchors that reflect on both characters throughout 5 books. Despite being apart, Arya is still present and alive in Jon's memories and remembering her at the most random times for example.

I think the way some people approach this book is as follows; "I don't want that to happen, so I will ignore all signs of this and argue it will never happen."(Hi btw, I'm griljedi from reddit :) )

On 3/4/2021 at 10:46 AM, YeniAy_Ottoman said:

Really? 

Arya stans has been exposed to a lot of Sansa stan over the past few years. To be more specific, it's between JonArya and Jonsa :D

We have often seen strange allegations. Some say that Arya will die and that she will live inside Nymeria, even some claim that Sansa will take Nymeria. I guess some they're dreaming of Arya being Sansa's dog. Some may argue that Arya will never be able to return to Westeros. So when I saw such a claim, I wondered if this friend could be Sansa stan ... Though most of them are Sansa stan are women.

:agree:

It's the first I've heard of it. Personally I stan Arya and Sansa both and think that their respective qualities jive well together. Truth be told, I like all the pov characters for the most part. But regarding the comments made by Widowmaker, no, they are not Sansa stans. They are Dany stans who think the Starks are all secret villians or some such. Recently its all been Targ vs. Stark flame wars over here.

On 3/10/2021 at 11:57 PM, Nathan Stark said:

It's the first I've heard of it. Personally I stan Arya and Sansa both and think that their respective qualities jive well together. Truth be told, I like all the pov characters for the most part. But regarding the comments made by Widowmaker, no, they are not Sansa stans. They are Dany stans who think the Starks are all secret villians or some such. Recently its all been Targ vs. Stark flame wars over here.

I don't know which character Widow loves, so I asked. But this is living in Nymeria and etc... I've often read the claims from Sansa stans, all Arya fans know that.

Apart from that, of course, as you said, there are also those who show a negative and ridiculous approach to the Starks among Dany stans, but the statements of both sides are different, so I asked if Widos could stan Sansa.

Archived