Star Wars: Now You Will Experience the Full Power of Disney

Corvinus85

Last thread closed a while ago.

The first Star Wars show of 2021 will be The Bad Batch. It will be released on May 4, because of course, and probably to fit in there, between MCU shows.

In other news, Indira Varma has joined the cast of the Obi-Wan Kenobi show. No details on her character.

3 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

In other news, Indira Varma has joined the cast of the Obi-Wan Kenobi show. No details on her character.

Asajj Ventress.

2 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Only if they remove the novel Dark Disciple from canon.

Possibly. I'm not sure what timeframe they're going for with the Kenobi series. If it's post prequels, what, we can't get [hopefully relevant] flashbacks that may center Asajj? I'm bored, may do some googling.  

2 hours ago, JEORDHl said:

Possibly. I'm not sure what timeframe they're going for with the Kenobi series. If it's post prequels, what, we can't get [hopefully relevant] flashbacks that may center Asajj? I'm bored, may do some googling.  

Asajj had a very distinct voice in the Clone Wars. Dawson pulled off a pretty good Ahsoka, but I don't know if Indira Varma could play Asajj. Besides, wasn't Asajj fairly young?

If Indira Varma is set to play a Force wielder, my money is on an Inquisitor. Or maybe just another Jedi who manages to elude the Empire for a time.

6 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Asajj had a very distinct voice in the Clone Wars. Dawson pulled off a pretty good Ahsoka, but I don't know if Indira Varma could play Asajj. Besides, wasn't Asajj fairly young?

If Indira Varma is set to play a Force wielder, my money is on an Inquisitor. Or maybe just another Jedi who manages to elude the Empire for a time.

Oh, totally. While it would be cool to see Asajj, I was just throwing that out there.  

I just finished clone wars and am starting on rebels. What good shows! I can't believe I slept on them for so long! Had been feeling pretty burned on star wars after the sequels and this made me excited about it again.

As someone who grew up on the prequels, what I loved about clone wars is that it took the best parts of the world Lucas created for the prequels and fleshed those out in (mostly) the best possible ways. Also, I never, EVER suspected Anakin could actually be likeable! What a truly great show. Ahsoka's theme has been stuck in my head for days. 

7 minutes ago, Underfoot said:

I just finished clone wars and am starting on rebels. What good shows! I can't believe I slept on them for so long! Had been feeling pretty burned on star wars after the sequels and this made me excited about it again.

As someone who grew up on the prequels, what I loved about clone wars is that it took the best parts of the world Lucas created for the prequels and fleshed those out in (mostly) the best possible ways. Also, I never, EVER suspected Anakin could actually be likeable! What a truly great show. Ahsoka's theme has been stuck in my head for days. 

I know it's insane. As far as I'm concerned, that show redeemed Anakin for me. Also I loved Ahsoka's story in that show, she easily became my favorite Star Wars character.

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

The series takes place 10 years after "Revenge of the Sith," "where Kenobi faced his greatest defeat, the downfall and corruption of his best friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker turned evil Sith Lord Darth Vader," according to a news release.

Hmmm.   And Christensen is going to return.  I mean... I'm a total shill... so I will watch it, but I'm going to be skeptical.

1 hour ago, Myrddin said:

For those not wanting to turn off ad blocker: https://www.starwars.com/news/obi-wan-kenobi-series-cast

ETA: Glad to see Owen and Beru coming back, if only in brief cameo roles, I'm sure. 

Sung Kang's casting confirms third episode will be titled: Dune Sea Drift

Set 10 years post RotS.  Owen and Beru.  Think they digitally de-age Mark Hamill to look like his 10 year old self?  :dunno: 

23 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Set 10 years post RotS.  Owen and Beru.  Think they digitally de-age Mark Hamill to look like his 10 year old self?  :dunno: 

They should just have Luke off camera or unheard on the other side of a communicator, like Nile Crane's wife Maris on Frasier.

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

What about a de-aged Pedro Pascal? :P Din would be a teenager, and I would be surprised if there won't be any Mandalorian cameos given their popularity now and Kenobi's connection with them.

Don’t need expensive CGI for that, just a less damaged helmet 

On 3/2/2021 at 5:44 PM, Corvinus85 said:

Only if they remove the novel Dark Disciple from canon.

Ha. They've made it very, very clear that they'll call the comics and novels canon to get people to buy them, and immediately ignore them the nanosecond someone working on the TV shows or movies wants to go in a different direction. They already proved that when they disregarded Poe's backstory (established in both novels and the comics) in Rise of Skywalker.

15 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Ha. They've made it very, very clear that they'll call the comics and novels canon to get people to buy them, and immediately ignore them the nanosecond someone working on the TV shows or movies wants to go in a different direction. They already proved that when they disregarded Poe's backstory (established in both novels and the comics) in Rise of Skywalker.

Yeah, but that's due to the hack writers of TRotS who didn't care about working with the story group and keeping things in lore. TRotS may, one day, become non-canon.

10 hours ago, Rhom said:

They'll just pull that shitty Mike Myers movie and CGI current Mark Hamill's head onto a 10 year old kid's body.

Archived