Star Wars: Now You Will Experience the Full Power of Disney

Corvinus85

1 minute ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Not really. Other Jedi characters? That we've never seen. Who survived Order 66? Well whether we care about them or not, we know they're not surviving this series. Maybe it's more about how Obi-Wan cares, and then not making it effects him...

I'm not sure how much it matters now, but Lucas once said he imagined hundreds of Jedi survived Order 66. I don't see why a Jedi introduced here couldn't survive and then maybe pop up elsewhere. The trailer seems to suggest that the guy shown at :56 is a Jedi

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Not really. Other Jedi characters? That we've never seen. Who survived Order 66? Well whether we care about them or not, we know they're not surviving this series. Maybe it's more about how Obi-Wan cares, and then not making it effects him...

I read that in Superintendent Chalmers' voice.

Yeah, from the rest of the canon it does appear that at least a few Jedi and Padawan survived, and after a brief period trying to lawyer it out (well, they were retired Jedi and ex-Padawan, not Jedi who survived) they seem to have just said that yes, out of the many thousands of Jedi, it is utterly implausible that the fairly clumsy Order 66 managed to take them all out.

I think it looks great. I don't care that he know what's going to happen. I like seeing characters develop into the people we know they become. Obi-wan has a potentially interesting journey of having to regain his faith, just hope Disney don't screw it up by forcing them to put stupid muppets and other Happy Meal toys in.

2 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

I’ve really never understood the complaint that you know someone will survive a series. Is that the only reason to tune in, to see if someone dies or not? Like 95% of TV shows wouldn’t have the balls to just off a leading character, it doesn’t make them bad. 

It's not quite that you know they won't die. It's that you know at the end of the day precisely where they're going to be and how they're going to end up. And while you'll also hear often that old bullshit about the journey being the destination, etc, sometimes the destination is actually pretty important. 

37 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

You don't like The Mandalorian's music? Booo

Not really. I think its kinda boring and not remotely like Williams. Also he's got like one or two varieties of the song in the show.

1 hour ago, Raja said:

I've been down on the trailer but Hayden Christensen is in this right? I hope he gets to have a show that does really well with him in it after all the prequel stuff.

Especially after they brought him back for Rise of Skywalker then dumped his scene.

11 hours ago, Slurktan said:

I'm excited for Star Wars for the first time in a while.  Why?  The Music.  God the sequel trilogy had terrible music.

Gotta disagree. I submit as my argument: Rey's Theme

27 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Sigh.

"Rey starts her journey on her own...sliding... BB-8... old woman... at the end of her journey she's in the exact same place... the story basically went nowhere."

Groan. 

Imagine spending millions of dollars on writers and producers and coming up with ... whatever THAT story was. 

If only we all could half-ass our way through life and be mega rich the way Hollywood does.

36 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Sigh.

"Rey starts her journey on her own...sliding... BB-8... old woman... at the end of her journey she's in the exact same place... the story basically went nowhere."

Groan. 

You know, for all the faults of the sequels (and there were many, many faults), this isn't one of them. It's the classic Hero's Journey for the hero to return to the same place/come full circle, but the hero is changed. Yes, with sand, a droid, and an old woman, but she's grown from a lonely scavenger to a Jedi with family and purpose.

I'm not going to defend the "Rey Skywalker" or all that jazz, but where she ended (burying the past and starting over) was perfect.

Archived