Star Wars: Now You Will Experience the Full Power of Disney

Corvinus85

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

I don’t know why that line from the Family Guy spoof cracks me up every time; “She mentioned an Obi-Wan Kenobi … I wonder if she means Obi-Wan Kenobi…”

Yeah that was one of my favorite parts of the Family Guy spoofs.  Although this was the best:

Well, I'm not Yoda...Okay, I'm Yoda.

You're Yoda?  You're the one that Obi-Wan sent me here to find. Will you teach me the ways of the Force?

No, I will not teach you the ways of the Force...Okay, I'll teach you the ways of the Force.

Coulda saved a lot of time!

5 hours ago, Ran said:
  Hide contents

It's pretty explicit that Leia has not met Obi-Wan prior to ANH, and that Obi-Wan's association with Bail is, to her knowledge, dated back to the Clone Wars. How does this jive at all? Unless Obi-Wan is not actually going to meet her in the course of this series, or going to wipe her memory or something.

Simplest way is a joint Obi-Wan & Bail rescue mission (throw some Rebel agents in there, too) and while Obi-Wan does the 'heavy lifting' Bail is the one that recovers Leia. It is important that they stay separate to protect both Leia and Luke so it's likely Obi-Wan will just avoid Leia.

8 hours ago, Kalibuster said:

Only 5, 7 and 8 of the main series have zero tattooine. 7 had Jakku which is functionally identical in basically all ways. 

Reading this right now is the first time I realized that Rey did not start out on Tatooine.

7 hours ago, sologdin said:
  Hide contents

Perhaps Leia is just as daft as her brother - I wonder if he means Old Ben Kenobi.

the question becomes how does she know to send the secret plans to him? and then whyever would she, unless it is to call in the brideprice favor that he so obviously owes?

Spoiler

Pretty sure this is essentially covered through Rogue One...when Bail is asked about his, "friend"...Leia might not have met Obi-Wan, but her adoptive father obviously told her what to do...

And love it or hate it, the Family Guy Star Wars trilogy is some of the best roasting of the franchise...yet done as a love letter to it...I actually kinda wish they'd done another based on the prequels...

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

...Chopper? 

Already there. Maybe Hera or Zeb or a secondary character. Or maybe the Bad Batch. They're the only clone troopers for whom they can cast other actors besides Morrison without drawing the ire of fans.

6 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Already there. Maybe Hera or Zeb or a secondary character. Or maybe the Bad Batch. They're the only clone troopers for whom they can cast other actors besides Morrison without drawing the ire of fans.

My brain filled in "deputies" when you meant "debuts." I was trying to think what character you were hinting at. 

I've said this before but I think the Bad Batch should die over the course of their final season to underscore the threat of the empire and the lack of hope. I'd love to see Omeega pop up as an adult though. 

• 3 weeks later...

Broken. Faithless. Beaten.

That's absolutely how he should be. HIs best friend just flipped out and killed everyone dear to him. The institution that raised him, educated him, shaped him, failed. The single source of all the strife in the galaxy was right under his nose his whole career, and he had no idea. His friend's betrayal broke him. His misplaced faith in the Jedi order shattered. And Palpatine absolutely beat them all.

Quite frankly, it's a miracle he was able to regain his zen and purpose over the 18 years between RotS and aNH.

Archived