Star Wars: Now You Will Experience the Full Power of Disney

Corvinus85

Good trailer. I think it could go either way. I wasn't much taken by the bad batch in the final Clone Wars series - they seemed a bit dull compared to everything else that was going on. OTOH, if some deeper writing is planned for them with intra-group conflict, it could be worthwhile. Still, I wish the Clone Wars studio had taken on another time period. This does seem more than a little like boiling the bones of a horse that's been flogged to death. 

I love seeing that Clone Wars style of animation return. The final 4 episode arc of the last season might be my favorite SW thing ever.

Pretty sure that was Saw Gurerra in the trailer(?). Maybe we'll see a young Jyn Erso at some point.

I'll give Bad Batch a chance but I'm not overwhelmed by the trailer. My interest in everything else SW related is pretty low TBH.

19 hours ago, dog-days said:

Good trailer. I think it could go either way. I wasn't much taken by the bad batch in the final Clone Wars series - they seemed a bit dull compared to everything else that was going on. OTOH, if some deeper writing is planned for them with intra-group conflict, it could be worthwhile. Still, I wish the Clone Wars studio had taken on another time period. This does seem more than a little like boiling the bones of a horse that's been flogged to death. 

I like the time period. I mean yes it seems to be shortly after The Clone Wars ended but we haven't gotten anything set in that transitional time yet where the empire was just getting started. 

That trailer was a little bad though. Don't stop to do a roll call in a trailer. Also I understand why they have to adopt a small child, but I wish they didn't. 

The biggest question in my mind is will Ahsoka show up in season two? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 10:36 AM, RumHam said:

I saw they put the original Tartakovsky Clone Wars on Disney+. That's been unavailable for a while. 

https://www.polygon.com/star-wars/22363855/clone-wars-disney-plus-great-episodes-general-grievous

Back in the day, I created my own edit using the mini-episodes I downloaded from limewire and a terminally slow piece of windows software that took years off my life. I might still have it somewhere. Not gonna lie, my edit was better. 

6 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Back in the day, I created my own edit using the mini-episodes I downloaded from limewire and a terminally slow piece of windows software that took years off my life. I might still have it somewhere. Not gonna lie, my edit was better. 

That takes me back. I actually met Mark Gorton a few times via something called The Open Planning Project that he owned or ran or whatever. He was really nice. I remember trying to pass him the blunt several times and he always waved it off. 

• 2 weeks later...

Matt Stover with some very good insights to the Star Wars universe. The best bit:

Spoiler

He theorises Luke was moved to try to kill Kylo because he sensed through the Force that Kylo was going to kill Han.

20 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Star Wars would be a much better universe all round if they let Stover have more creative input.

I'm still mad at what they did to Vergere and Jacen after he set them up.

Was talking about Legacy of the Force with a friend just the other day, so much potential. Less Boba Fett and more Lumiya might have saved the series. We decided that a more streamlined narrative would have Lumiya selling equipment from one of the Emperor's old store houses (a place like Wayland) that she's located to get the civil war going, giving planets like Texas Corellia the means to defend itself from Galactic Alliance pressure. You can even have her subtly putting all the seceding planets into contact with each other as some mysterious hooded figure on the other end of a hologram. Y'know, like Sheev. Because the whole point of LotF was pretty clearly to do the Prequel story but better.

Anyway, have Lumiya use all the stuff she has to get the conflict started and get into a room with Jacen, promising answers to the great mysteries. After that she's just living scheme-to-scheme as she tries to push Solo further down the dark path.

So almost exactly like what they did, but better focused and without a 90-year-old Boba Fett. Like I said, LotF had great potential.

ETA: I wanted to write Texas Corellia, doing the joke where I act like I wrote the wrong thing then had to fix it, but I forgot to cross out Texas and actually had to come back and fix it. Heh.

Part of the problem was that two of the three writers of Legacy of thr Force (Denning and Travis) seemes to be effectively countering one another. Travis would have a random Mando have a fleeing Jacen at his mercy, only sparing him on Boba’s orders.

Next book, Jacen took down Mandos easily.  Travis also ignored Jaina’s extensive combat history.

5 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Part of the problem was that two of the three writers of Legacy of thr Force (Denning and Travis) seemes to be effectively countering one another. Travis would have a random Mando have a fleeing Jacen at his mercy, only sparing him on Boba’s orders.

Next book, Jacen took down Mandos easily.  Travis also ignored Jaina’s extensive combat history.

My friend was put-off for good by the Luke-Jacen fight in book 6, where Luke's ongoing refusal to kill Jacen is established as "Ben will turn to the dark side!" which is lame.

For me it was when Jaina went to Mandalore. I recall looking at the book as if the pages were made entirely of human shit as soon as Jaina started to "fight like a mando."

4 hours ago, Babblebauble said:

My friend was put-off for good by the Luke-Jacen fight in book 6, where Luke's ongoing refusal to kill Jacen is established as "Ben will turn to the dark side!" which is lame.

For me it was when Jaina went to Mandalore. I recall looking at the book as if the pages were made entirely of human shit as soon as Jaina started to "fight like a mando."

Oh God yes. Jaina, who could duel an alien species she couldnt sense in the Force, got repeatedly beaten by some old Mando dude armed with a metal bar. 
And of course Denning ignored the whole Mando training plotline in the final book.

• 3 weeks later...

Haha, I'm glad his hindsight is working at 20/20.

In other news, Rangers of the New Republic has been put on hold, and everyone now knows Dave Filoni is the Executive Creative Director at LucasFilm.

23 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Haha, I'm glad his hindsight is working at 20/20.

In other news, Rangers of the New Republic has been put on hold, and everyone now knows Dave Filoni is the Executive Creative Director at LucasFilm.

That's the one that was gonna have Thrawn, right?

20 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

That's the one that was gonna have Thrawn, right?

No, Thrawn is who Ahsoka is looking for so he'll almost certainly show up on her show. Rangers of the New Republic was the one that was gonna have Cara Dune, Captain Teva, and probably Bill Burr's character getting a further redemption arc. 

Personally I'm glad to have one less Star Wars show it seemed like they might be spreading things a little thin. 

On 5/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, RumHam said:

No, Thrawn is who Ahsoka is looking for so he'll almost certainly show up on her show. Rangers of the New Republic was the one that was gonna have Cara Dune, Captain Teva, and probably Bill Burr's character getting a further redemption arc. 

Personally I'm glad to have one less Star Wars show it seemed like they might be spreading things a little thin. 

Agreed. And having Hera (rebels) or someone else in what was meant to be Gina Carano's role would never have felt right.

And it is good that they are not gonna do it because there was too much Star Wars coming. Less is more sometimes.

Finally watched the non-premier episodes of Bad Batch. I was really skeptical about the show but it works so far. I groaned when the trailer made it clear they'd have a kid on the team but Omega is a lot better than early Ahsoka and Ezra. 

I assumed Shand(?) was after Omega on behalf of the Kaminoians. They basically stole her, no? Though it wasn't really clear what her role was there. 

I'm curious about the Kaminoians. Towards the end of The Clone Wars wasn't there a very sinister one who was covering up the chip stuff? Where is she? Like are these people good or evil? When do they start using human scientists like the guy from The Mandalorian? 

There are so many characters who could pop up down the line. Ahsoka, Rex, Boba, Hondo, Maul, Cad Bane, Sing, , Woody Harrelson's character who killed Sing, Vos, Bo Katan and her friends, Deathwatch maybe with young mando in tow, the rogue one people, carl weathers

Also Ventress never died on screen so while they're retconning things....

I still want to know if the clones felt guilt after order 66. So if Commander Cody could show up after he's replaced in the imperial military that'd be cool. 

Archived