Why does Tyrion choose to go along with Tywin’s plans to marry Sansa to him?

Angel Eyes

14 hours ago, saltedmalted said:

Tyrion said yes before he talked to Sansa.

Thats not what we are talking about. 

On 3/9/2021 at 5:43 PM, saltedmalted said:
On 3/9/2021 at 5:00 PM, corbon said:

Sansa would still suffer a forced marriage to a different Lannister. I doubt any other Lannister would have held off consummating the marriage the way he did, and kept to that under pressure, the way he did. So she'd be even worse off.
And he'd be far worse off in every way.

Great choice there.

Tyrion agreed to marry Sansa before he considered any of this.

14 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Does it? Jaime is literally destroying all safehouses for Sansa to hide under, while telling Bracken (or was it Blackwood?) to kill all survivors. Its all for the ego/ bullshit honor, not for state like Tyrion which I think is a better excuse (even if it is a fucked up state)

Yeah. In a small way there's a difference because Jaime already won. He was scott free and he could just ignore her altogether. He even thinks Sansa killed Joff and is pressured by Cersei to kill her. He's charmingly too stupid to realize that Sansa staying alive makes his job securing 7k for the crown, harder. Tyrion trying to rescue Jaime isn't exactly comparable.

26 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Hes got issues, sure.

And those "issues" are mainly with how he treats women...which comes back to why so many of us don't trust him with Sansa, at any point. 

31 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

He regrets not giving Ice back after Sansa saw Joffreys sword, not that a piece of metal really matters. Still, he looks out for her

That's the deceptive trap I was talking about. Tyrion is deep into the game of thrones. You're paying too much attention to how characters feel when they're fucking someone over. He CRIES when he's killing Shae. So fucking what.

6 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Yeah. In a small way there's a difference because Jaime already won. He was scott free and he could just ignore her altogether. He even thinks Sansa killed Joff and is pressured by Cersei to kill her. He's charmingly too stupid to realize that Sansa staying alive makes his job securing 7k for the crown, harder. Tyrion trying to rescue Jaime isn't exactly comparable.

When Cerseis the smart one...

Idk, Tyrion saw Sansa as piece on a cyvesse board, not great. Jaime sees her as like, a concept for himself. Like we say he cant even wrap his pretty blonde head that Sansas even capable of being a piece. 

8 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

And those "issues" are mainly with how he treats women...which comes back to why so many of us don't trust him with Sansa, at any point. 

Ahh. I'd probably be more worried about him. Alayne Stone is not the timid child Tyrion married, Im pretty sure shell soon be able to fully handle herself. Which may not be great for Tyrion, or Petyr, or Cersei, or Westeros really ( good for her tho lol)

12 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

That's the deceptive trap I was talking about. Tyrion is deep into the game of thrones. You're paying too much attention to how characters feel when they're fucking someone over. 

Is the Imp a good guy, like Jesus? No. Is he a bad guy like Tony Montana? Not really.

Look, its a fucked up game. As Tyrion says in acok, not for the likes of Eddard Starks. But when life hands you lemons, you roll that 4 5 6

16 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

He CRIES when he's killing Shae. So fucking what.

So hes Azor fucking Ahai! But so is Victarion whos kinda close to that Tony Montana level, so I recognize its not great

Archived