Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mrstrategy

Tywin reaction and decision

Recommended Posts

Would tywin have accepted Robert decision to turn over Lorch and the Mountain for execution on charges of regicide using the reasoning that if they are allowed to remain free it would set a bad example about letting royalty murderers go free even if it was enemy royalty and Jaime to be exiled or sent to the wall for betraying his vows and murdering his king?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrstrategy said:

Would tywin have accepted Robert decision to turn over Lorch and the Mountain for execution on charges of regicide using the reasoning that if they are allowed to remain free it would set a bad example about letting royalty murderers go free even if it was enemy royalty and Jaime to be exiled or sent to the wall for betraying his vows and murdering his king?

I believe Tywin would have accepted the Mountain and Lorch being executed or sent to the Wall, but not Jaime.   Jaime was Tywin's golden boy, the one who he did everything for (or at least he told himself that).  Indeed, if Robert had forced Jaime out of the Kingsguard the way Joffrey and Cersei eventually forced Barriston Selmy out, Tywin would have happily handed over Lorch and the Mountain.  He might even have forgiven the crown's eventual debt for a Jaime free to marry, handed over to Tywin.   What's 3 million gold dragons compared to an heir and future grandchildren to inherit after him?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting question. I doubt there is a scenario where Jamie goes to the Wall or the block and Tywin doesn't do something violent. I wonder if all the pardons Robert gave were in fact to justify or excuse pardoning Jamie and the story of Robert's open handedness was just a convenience . Selmy's trial would have been something to witness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mrstrategy said:

Would tywin have accepted Robert decision to turn over Lorch and the Mountain for execution on charges of regicide using the reasoning that if they are allowed to remain free it would set a bad example about letting royalty murderers go free even if it was enemy royalty and Jaime to be exiled or sent to the wall for betraying his vows and murdering his king?

What king did Lorch and the Mountain kill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

What king did Lorch and the Mountain kill?

Elia and Rhaegar's Kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

Those are not kings, merely members of the royal family.

Aegon was the rightful king, until Gregor smashed his head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Willam Stark said:

Aegon was the rightful king, until Gregor smashed his head.

No no, Aegon is still alive! Don’t you know?? The Spider said so himself!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, aeverett said:

I believe Tywin would have accepted the Mountain and Lorch being executed or sent to the Wall, but not Jaime.   Jaime was Tywin's golden boy, the one who he did everything for (or at least he told himself that).  Indeed, if Robert had forced Jaime out of the Kingsguard the way Joffrey and Cersei eventually forced Barriston Selmy out, Tywin would have happily handed over Lorch and the Mountain.  He might even have forgiven the crown's eventual debt for a Jaime free to marry, handed over to Tywin.   What's 3 million gold dragons compared to an heir and future grandchildren to inherit after him?  

That’s if he could force Jaime out. He insisted on staying in the Kingsguard, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know if Jamie just revealed, that his boss was about the burn down the city, he would have stood a pretty good chance of getting a pardon. The other two, not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

We don’t know if Aerys died before Aegon

And Aerys also named Viserys as his heir before his death... so Aegon was never a king.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2021 at 9:20 PM, Angel Eyes said:

That’s if he could force Jaime out. He insisted on staying in the Kingsguard, right?

Yes, but so did Barristan Selmy.  He was ignored and Robert could have refused Jaime's demand to remain in his service, chalked it up to fearing a known 'kingslayer', or at least that would be his official excuse.   Then he could give Jaime to Tywin in exchange for the Mountain and Amory Lorch.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...