WandaVision 3: Here Be Magic (Spoilers)

Corvinus85

LoL at this ‘WandaVision’ Director Expects ‘A Lot of People’ to Be ‘Disappointed’ by Finale Over Fan Theories"

Based on the last couple of episodes, it would be a challenge for the finale to throw another big bad in and possibly Dr. Strange, who would feel a bit like a deus ex if he shows up to help Wanda, despite his role as the Sorceror Supreme being to keep an eye of things like these. A cameo in post-credit at best.

13 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

LoL at this ‘WandaVision’ Director Expects ‘A Lot of People’ to Be ‘Disappointed’ by Finale Over Fan Theories"

Based on the last couple of episodes, it would be a challenge for the finale to throw another big bad in and possibly Dr. Strange, who would feel a bit like a deus ex if he shows up to help Wanda, despite his role as the Sorceror Supreme being to keep an eye of things like these. A cameo in post-credit at best.

I get what he is saying in that the core foundation of the show is Wanda dealing with loss and I really think it does a good job with that at times.

Hes made a rod for his own back here though, the entire show is set up like a mystery, it’s full of Easter eggs and hints and the nature of the Marvel universe is that it’s all connected and hints at other properties.

Of course everyone is waiting for the big reveal. It looks like we’ve already had it though and that would kinda suck.

It seems like after the last episode, the ultimate purpose of the show is to make Wanda a real witch, the Scarlet Witch. Which was never something I was that interested in. It’s still been a great series though, definitely bodes well for the rest of the year. Had I not been reading these threads, I would never be expecting another big bad, or any particular cameos. Just Wanda embracing her scarletness, defeating Agnes and ending the charade, possibly with a unified Vision in tow.

19 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

I still think we're going to get some reveal of another big bad, if nothing else but to segue into Wanda's next appearance in the Dr. Strange movie.  (Of course it's always possible that Wanda will be the big bad in the Dr. Strange movie)

And if the suprise guest star is Cumberbatch, I'll be disappointed.  I think I recall hearing from somewhere that they are supposed to have a suprise appearance that will rival Luke's in the Mandalorian.  Cumberbatch wouldn't be it.  And Paul Bettany playing two Visions wouldn't really cut it either.

Just reading the headline, I kind of wonder if that's an attempt to throw cold water on the theories that we're going to see the X-Men or Fantastic Four franchise get their premiere in this series.  Personally, I think the only major cool suprise that this show could throw at us that would get everyone pumped is a portal opening and Hugh Jackman's Wolverine dropping out of it.  But I kind of doubt that's going to happen.

After having rewatched the last episode, I'm more convinced then ever that the source of Wanda's current magic, is the infinity stones.  Just like she absorbed the powers of the mind stone in the Hydra Base, I think she absorbed the powers from the other stones in Thanos' Infinity Guantlet.  When she let's her power loose and transforms Westview, a billboard is created which reads: Cleans Up Messes in a Snap.  Which I think is an obvious call back to Thanos' use of the infinity stones.  The mess that Wanda is cleaning up is the mess of her life.  She's creating a false utopia and bringing back the Vision to live as husband and wife through the powers of the infinity stones which now reside within her.

This is the mystery that Agatha is trying to solve, how Wanda got so powerful.

I got this (again) from the Views From The 616 podcast, but I've seen it confirmed elsewhere: the 'surprise guest' will almost certainly be James Spader, reprising his role as the voice of Ultron, possibly in the form of the white Vision. 

2 hours ago, mormont said:

I got this (again) from the Views From The 616 podcast, but I've seen it confirmed elsewhere: the 'surprise guest' will almost certainly be James Spader, reprising his role as the voice of Ultron, possibly in the form of the white Vision. 

If that's the case I wonder why they didn't just have him say hello at the end of the last episode.

I'll be very surprised if we don't get a Doctor Strange or Modo appearance. When you think about it where is Strange? Agatha sensed all this magic from wherever she was and came running, and Strange is just across the Hudson. I guess they have the "we only protect against incursions from other dimensions" excuse. 

It also seems like there's going to be a backlash if they reveal Even Peters is just some guy. So many people are convinced he's the Fox version of Quicksilver even though that makes no sense.  

29 minutes ago, Mr Gordo said:

The Quicksilver thing seems to be the most divisive thing about the show. Half want him to be the X-Verse character for real and the other half really really don't.

I'd just assume they not muddle things by linking the MCU and the Fox world, but it's happening anyway with Deadpool so it's not really about that. It's also apparently happening with the Rami films and I guess there being another older guy also named Peter Parker who was also bit by a radioactive spider but didn't have to build web shooters makes about as much sense as Wanda or Agatha pulling Peter Maximoff from the X-Men movies forward 30 years in time and across dimensions to pretend to be Wanda's brother. 

44 minutes ago, Mr Gordo said:

The Quicksilver thing seems to be the most divisive thing about the show. Half want him to be the X-Verse character for real and the other half really really don't.

If they were going somewhere with it it might make sense. If the Foxverse was amazing, and got tragically cut short with a really promising young cast ready to make great movies, then I’d be in favour of that being part of the MCU multiverse. But it wasn’t amazing, it had a hit rate of about 1 in 5 movies being good, and was a hot mess of continuity problems. I’d still quite like X-Men to be it’s own universe, just not that one.

48 minutes ago, Mr Gordo said:

I don’t care either way, I just feel like if casting him was nothing more than a quick wink to the audience then that is really a bit cheap and quite the disappointment 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I'll be very surprised if we don't get a Doctor Strange or Modo appearance. When you think about it where is Strange?

Agreed.  Not only from an in-universe perspective but also from a marketing perspective - since Fiege already has made clear the story will continue in the Strange movie.

17 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

If they were going somewhere with it it might make sense. If the Foxverse was amazing, and got tragically cut short with a really promising young cast ready to make great movies, then I’d be in favour of that being part of the MCU multiverse. But it wasn’t amazing, it had a hit rate of about 1 in 5 movies being good, and was a hot mess of continuity problems. I’d still quite like X-Men to be it’s own universe, just not that one.

There were some clunkers but there was also some pretty good x-men films that came out.  X-Men 1 kind of jump started the super hero genre again.  X2 was probably the best film of the bunch.  X-Men first class was pretty entertaining.  X-Men days of future past was also pretty good, and Quicksilver was probably everyone’s favorite character from that film.  And finally everyone seemed to like Logan (even though I found it a bit of a bore).  And then there were the Deadpool movies which weren’t my cup of tea but a lot of people seemed to like them.

And the rest were pretty much dog poo.

I had suspected we'd see a bombshell cameo in the penultimate episode - White Vision doesn't count. Unless this next ep is truly epic in a very short time, I don't see how they could bring in both a Big Baddie and a Benidict Humperdink cameo as well. I completely expect one of the two to happen, not necessarily both.

In that sense, I think Strange is more likely to get a proper scene, and just a blip of a Big Baddie post-credits, as we got with non-Brolin Thanos.

I worry that many of the posters in this thread are setting themselves up for a lot of disappointment with these sky high expectations. I've really enjoyed the show without any deep knowledge of the marvel back catalogue and I think that kinda needs to be remembered - WV has been a good show on it's own merits and I don't think it needs some super secret guest star gimmick reveal or whatever.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I'd just assume they not muddle things by linking the MCU and the Fox world, but it's happening anyway with Deadpool so it's not really about that. It's also apparently happening with the Rami films and I guess there being another older guy also named Peter Parker who was also bit by a radioactive spider but didn't have to build web shooters makes about as much sense as Wanda or Agatha pulling Peter Maximoff from the X-Men movies forward 30 years in time and across dimensions to pretend to be Wanda's brother. 

My guess with Deadpool is that he'll now be technically in the MCU so will make dick jokes about the Hulk or something and maybe a statement about the "X-who? Who are you talking about? Colossus? Who's that? Never heard of them," and then move on and the film will be its own thing.

I also doubt very much that any of the other MCU films will feature Deadpool in any capacity whatsoever. Unless maybe it's Avengers 5 and they're rallying the troops for whatever cosmic menace has turned out and someone asks "that everybody?" and you see Sam (or whomever) thinking for five seconds with a cutaway to Deadpool watching Golden Girls in pink fluffy slippers and then cutting back and saying, "Yup, no-one else, let's go."

50 minutes ago, Mr Gordo said:

Also I really, really love the second Wolverine film(the one in japan). Especially the R rated cut.

I didn't realise there was an extended version. Is it significantly better than original cut? I did mostly like the film although the finale felt a bit disappointing.

They can just leave Deadpool alone.  Forget it exists. Let it make whatever Deadpool movies they want to make...but otherwise, ignore it.

As to Pietro, they can't be teasing this much multiverse craziness and not connect it somehow.  Saying he's from the X-Verse doesn't mean it has to be anything more than that. Acknowledging that that universe exists.  That Agatha plucked him from another universe with her magic...his being there now doesn't mean we have to have everyone come over for future movies...

Archived