Robb regent if Ned is killed in tower of Joy

Mrstrategy

Do we know for sure that Benjen was still an option? When did he join the Watch? I think a 3rd party may have been brought in had he been unavailable (Bolton, lol or a small council).  It wouldn't necessarily have been as antagonistic a situation as we saw with the lords Declarant in the Vale, but I think the same sort of misgivings would have existed about Cat as about Littlefinger.

3 hours ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Cat. She would wbe the ormer Lady of Winterfell. Benjen would be Robb's heir.

There's an obvious conflict of interest in having an heir be regent. Benjen didn't join the Watch until a few months after the war ended and he would have been Robb's heir. I agree that it wouldn't have been Benjen but some other lord might have been chosen over Cat.

10 minutes ago, Groo said:

There's an obvious conflict of interest in having an heir be regent. Benjen didn't join the Watch until a few months after the war ended and he would have been Robb's heir. I agree that it wouldn't have been Benjen but some other lord might have been chosen over Cat.

It would have been Rickard Karstark. He’s got the closest ties to House Stark (on paper, anyway). He’d presumably become the Unwin Peake of the North, pushing young Robb towards an engagement with Alys, whether Catelyn approved or not.

15 minutes ago, Groo said:

As far as I can remember a parent cannot be set aside as a regent. Maybe she should had been made to marry another Lord but she will be a Regent.

5 hours ago, Jay21 said:

Do we know for sure that Benjen was still an option? When did he join the Watch? I think a 3rd party may have been brought in had he been unavailable (Bolton, lol or a small council).  It wouldn't necessarily have been as antagonistic a situation as we saw with the lords Declarant in the Vale, but I think the same sort of misgivings would have existed about Cat as about Littlefinger.

He’s said to have joined the Watch shortly after the end of the Rebellion. And for some reason Ned allowed him, despite the fact that House Stark was unstable on a family level, with only Ned, Benjen, Catelyn, Robb, and Jon. One bout of flu and the house is extinct like Thanos snapping his fingers.

18 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

He’s said to have joined the Watch shortly after the end of the Rebellion. And for some reason Ned allowed him, despite the fact that House Stark was unstable on a family level, with only Ned, Benjen, Catelyn, Robb, and Jon. One bout of flu and the house is extinct like Thanos snapping his fingers.

Not again. :crying: Starks will never be safe from snaps?

2 hours ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

As far as I can remember a parent cannot be set aside as a regent.

That's interesting. I have no memory of that being in the books at all. Do you have a reference of where this is stated or implied?

1 minute ago, Groo said:

That's interesting. I have no memory of that being in the books at all. Do you have a reference of where this is stated or implied?

Only by the examples in the story. Sharra Arryn was her son's regent. Alyssa Velaryon was her son's Jaehaerys regent. Lysa is Sweetrobin’s regent and Cersei is the regent of both Joffrey and Tommen. During Dance Lyonel Tyrell, Loreon Lannister and Royce Baratheon had their mothers, unnamed Lady Tyrell, Johanna Lannister and Elenda Baratheon as their regents. Rogar had left his brother Garon as his son's regent while Alyssa had died about 8 years ago and Aegon III had several Regents during his minority while both his parents were dead.

16 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Only by the examples in the story. Sharra Arryn was her son's regent. Alyssa Velaryon was her son's Jaehaerys regent. Lysa is Sweetrobin’s regent and Cersei is the regent of both Joffrey and Tommen. During Dance Lyonel Tyrell, Loreon Lannister and Royce Baratheon had their mothers, unnamed Lady Tyrell, Johanna Lannister and Elenda Baratheon as their regents. Rogar had left his brother Garon as his son's regent while Alyssa had died about 8 years ago and Aegon III had several Regents during his minority while both his parents were dead.

Heavily implied it is then! Consider me convinced.

Archived