Iron Bank, Stannis and Cersei

YeniAy_Ottoman

14 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

OK, it says that a hastily assembled Vale fleet was augmented by a dozen Braavosi  warships. It only says that, not anything about paying for them.

Since I remembered it that way, I interpreted it as a "help" against dragons.

Just now, YeniAy_Ottoman said:

Since I remembered it that way, I interpreted it as a "help" against dragons.

I disagree, if Braavos really wanted to help against House Targaryen, they would've sent their entire fleet, equipped with scorpions like the one that killed Meraxes. 

34 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I disagree, if Braavos really wanted to help against House Targaryen, they would've sent their entire fleet, equipped with scorpions like the one that killed Meraxes. 

There may be scorpions in ships. We do not know this. However, just because you have 1000 ships, you do not send 1000 ships to war, this is technically a very serious financial burden, and if the other person already has (figuratively speaking) 15 ships, 10-15 or 20 ships would be enough. So you send as many forces as you think you can defeat the enemy. The power of the Targs was not the number of ships or soldiers, but the dragons. So any ship or military aid was undoubtedly inadequate, because no soldiers and ships could easily resist dragons. Geographical advantages such as Dorne or the north are needed.

1 hour ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

No location would be conductive to killing dragons. But yes, sending a massive fleet would be expensive and foolhardy. 

No, I mean geographic conditions are necessary to resist dragons; The mountainous region of Dorne and the cold, snowy weather of the north are a good advantage (dragons hate cold and blizzards and become weak).

3 minutes ago, YeniAy_Ottoman said:

No, I mean geographic conditions are necessary to resist dragons; The mountainous region of Dorne and the cold, snowy weather of the north are a good advantage (dragons hate cold and blizzards and become weak).

It doesn't make them weak. Maybe after quite a time in the cold environment, but not instantly weak. 

53 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

It doesn't make them weak. Maybe after quite a time in the cold environment, but not instantly weak. 

50 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Vermax during the Dance in 129 AC was ill tempered and angry. Dragons react to the cold, but I don't think they're really physically affected.

Of course, the moment they go to a cold place, they do not suddenly weaken. In time ... Just because dragons are standing on the snow, their firepower doesn't disappear, I don't mean such a thing... but if they get into a blizzard, I don't think they will be able to fly. Dragons were very uneasy even in the rain. Think about it this way, how would you be able to move in extremely cold weather? Can you act with all your efficiency? No. I beliebe dragons are like that. In the snow storm ... as I said, they probably can't fly.

52 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

And that's not geography, that's meteorological. Just sayin 

Geography for Dorne, meteorological for the north. 

17 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

In the show, the dragons were still able to fly. They just couldn't see as well

You got me wrong. I'm talking about a terrible blizzard like on the show.

I am not showing Show as a reference, I am showing an example. I never use Show as a reference. D&D is someone who let swim dragons in the sea! D&D is someone who sharpens a Valyria sword with a whetstone! I cannot use the fiction of such people as references for books!

Archived