Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YeniAy_Ottoman

Iron Bank, Stannis and Cersei

Recommended Posts

I would have to check my copy of Fire and Blood. But Braavos is a city of profit, and I think that the Vale would have to pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I would have to check my copy of Fire and Blood. But Braavos is a city of profit, and I think that the Vale would have to pay.

I would be grateful if you let me know later. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

OK, it says that a hastily assembled Vale fleet was augmented by a dozen Braavosi  warships. It only says that, not anything about paying for them.

Since I remembered it that way, I interpreted it as a "help" against dragons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YeniAy_Ottoman said:

Since I remembered it that way, I interpreted it as a "help" against dragons.

I disagree, if Braavos really wanted to help against House Targaryen, they would've sent their entire fleet, equipped with scorpions like the one that killed Meraxes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I disagree, if Braavos really wanted to help against House Targaryen, they would've sent their entire fleet, equipped with scorpions like the one that killed Meraxes. 

There may be scorpions in ships. We do not know this. However, just because you have 1000 ships, you do not send 1000 ships to war, this is technically a very serious financial burden, and if the other person already has (figuratively speaking) 15 ships, 10-15 or 20 ships would be enough. So you send as many forces as you think you can defeat the enemy. The power of the Targs was not the number of ships or soldiers, but the dragons. So any ship or military aid was undoubtedly inadequate, because no soldiers and ships could easily resist dragons. Geographical advantages such as Dorne or the north are needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No location would be conductive to killing dragons. But yes, sending a massive fleet would be expensive and foolhardy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

No location would be conductive to killing dragons. But yes, sending a massive fleet would be expensive and foolhardy. 

No, I mean geographic conditions are necessary to resist dragons; The mountainous region of Dorne and the cold, snowy weather of the north are a good advantage (dragons hate cold and blizzards and become weak).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, YeniAy_Ottoman said:

No, I mean geographic conditions are necessary to resist dragons; The mountainous region of Dorne and the cold, snowy weather of the north are a good advantage (dragons hate cold and blizzards and become weak).

It doesn't make them weak. Maybe after quite a time in the cold environment, but not instantly weak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vermax during the Dance in 129 AC was ill tempered and angry. Dragons react to the cold, but I don't think they're really physically affected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

It doesn't make them weak. Maybe after quite a time in the cold environment, but not instantly weak. 

 

50 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Vermax during the Dance in 129 AC was ill tempered and angry. Dragons react to the cold, but I don't think they're really physically affected.

Of course, the moment they go to a cold place, they do not suddenly weaken. In time ... Just because dragons are standing on the snow, their firepower doesn't disappear, I don't mean such a thing... but if they get into a blizzard, I don't think they will be able to fly. Dragons were very uneasy even in the rain. Think about it this way, how would you be able to move in extremely cold weather? Can you act with all your efficiency? No. I beliebe dragons are like that. In the snow storm ... as I said, they probably can't fly.

 

52 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

And that's not geography, that's meteorological. Just sayin 

Geography for Dorne, meteorological for the north. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dragons could  and can still fly in rain. Arrax was able to fly. Meraxes at the Last Storm could still fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Dragons could  and can still fly in rain. Arrax was able to fly. Meraxes at the Last Storm could still fly.

I say snow storm. Like on the show. Rain bothers but snow storm? I did not think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

In the show, the dragons were still able to fly. They just couldn't see as well

You got me wrong. I'm talking about a terrible blizzard like on the show.

I am not showing Show as a reference, I am showing an example. I never use Show as a reference. D&D is someone who let swim dragons in the sea! D&D is someone who sharpens a Valyria sword with a whetstone! I cannot use the fiction of such people as references for books!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

ye that sharpening sword that basically never need be sharpened with a regular STONE is ridiculous. 

This should have been explained to D&D. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...