Let’s play matchmaker.

It’s Friday night lockdown is still upon us and I had this idea for a thread were people can have a little fun without any major radical differences. It’s simple, each of us can chose one or several characters, no matter if it’s single, taken or it’s complicated, from ASOIAF and beyond, all of GRRM stories in ASOIAF universe, and match them with another character from the present or the past that could match their personality or could be politically and monetary beneficial. Maybe even have a civilized discussion about them.

Please however lets not turn it in a hate thread. Please and thank you.

I will start. I think that based on their personality Jaime would be a nice couple with Black Aly. She seems adventurous, head strong and enjoy fighting while like Jaime she is vivacious, fierce and fearless. Her family are high in the noble ladder with connections to the Starkdlvs, the Tullys and the Targaryens, that we know of they might be connected with others too.

How about Brienne and Barristan the Bold? Two of the most honorable characters. Knighthood is all either of them ever dreamed about. They could practice and talk techniques all day long.

If we can go strictly by personalities without worrying about complications or practical problems, how about Osha and Qhorin Halfhand? That's a couple that could survive a winter together!

Arya and Tommen.  She could marry a king and rule his castle, and have sons who are knights, princes, lords, and perhaps even a high septon.  And Tommen is a really nice kid.  Tommen gets a queen who is comfortable being anywhere with anyone, is really good a finding stuff out, and has some interesting contacts.

Jeyne Poole and Podrick Payne.  He would treat her like fine porcelain (very gently), and she can teach him a few things and get him out of his shell.  And then he can help raise Ramsay's son :blushing:.

Meera and me;)

and..god idk. this is hard. definitely Jon and Val

Ned and Ashara

Sansa..I have no idea.

there's like a serious dearth of admirable ppl who are sexually active in A Song of Ice and Fire. 

Tyrion and Tysha. He deserves a life where they where allowed to be together. 

Arya and Jon is hot as fuck, but she's eleven and theyre related, but personality wise, its super hot. I would throw up and be happy at the same time if this happened. And then id throw up more and stop being happy. 

Sam and Gilly is great. they're fs my favorite couple

aslo Asha and me, sorta. maybe cause thats like the only appealing sex scene in the whole book. actually thats not true. Jon and Ygritte is good

This one may be pretty obvious, theres an old theory about it.

Robert and Septa Lemore.

With that personality she could have Robert wrapped around her finger. Probably others notice this too which probably created that old theory i mentioned;  that Lemore is Lyanna Stark.

5 hours ago, Lightoftheast said:

Widowed Catelyn--Rickard Karstark/Walder Frey/Lord Mallister.

Cat had a thought one time that if Lord Walder hadn't been married, she might have ended up as Lady Frey as part of the Crossing deal. I guess he liked her. (But everyone likes Cat.)

Gatehouse Ami I would marry to Jaime - stop him from being such a prig.

Podrick and Sansa, or Edric Dayne and Sansa. Generally decent young boys in Sansa's age range with aspirations of honor and served knights with similar ideals. Would be a nice contrast to all the other assholes Sansa seems to like (Waymar, Joffrey, Loras).

1. Daenerys Targaryen and Aegon Blackfyre is the best possible match.  It will bring the two halves of the Targaryen family together. 
  2. Jaime Lannister and Cersei Lannister is one of the toxic relationships which hurt Westeros in the last ten years.  This is a couple which could benefit from leaving all of that behind and moving where they can live as they wish. 
  3. Big Walder Frey and Missandei could benefit the Targaryen cause.  It brings the powerful Frey family into the service of the Mother of Dragons. 

On 3/6/2021 at 1:16 AM, Nevets said:

She could marry a king and rule his castle, and have sons who are knights, princes, lords, and perhaps even a high septon

But thats is precisely what she doesn't want! Why would you inflict such a destiny on her?

On 3/6/2021 at 1:56 AM, Orion2 said:

Arya and Jon is hot as fuck, but she's eleven and theyre related, but personality wise, its super hot. I would throw up and be happy at the same time if this happened. And then id throw up more and stop being happy.

I recommend psychoanalysis to deal with such conflicting feelings. It has helped me quite a lot. 

21 hours ago, Lightoftheast said:

Tyrion-Lollys Stokeworth.

Lollys deserves much better.

21 hours ago, Lightoftheast said:

Widowed Catelyn--Rickard Karstark/Walder Frey/Lord Mallister.

You're just being mean.

Archived