If Bran is destined to rule, then he will be another Agon the 3rd.

21 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

Bran had the first chapter and he should have the last.

I do think Bran will participate in furthering a dynasty though. Maybe not through him (just because he is paraplegic doesn't mean that his reproductive organs don't work) but through his siblings and their children.

My comment wasn't about his fertility, it was more about him being able to identify where problems started because of his long-history lens. He will see how many pointless wars started over inheritance and that rulers drawn from one small group of people is not serving Westeros very well. I think he's the one who will break Westeros out of that. 

13 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

In my head canon king of Westoros should be follower of 7. So I do not think that the faith would accept tree worshipping warlock/druid as ruler and their protector. Or if Bran really wants to wear funny hat and sit on very unconfy chair he would have to publicly renounce his old faith and become "fanatical" follower of the faith.

Basically same thing as Henry IV (of France) did when he inherited the crown of France but lacked necessary support to keep it bc he was a Hugenot and so many VIPs did not support him. But he converted to Catholicism and so "fixed" that problem. So if Bran becomes a king he would have to literally sell his soul and become anti Stark. Or I do think that he would be willing to pay that price.

Problem is that the Faith of the Seven is pretty demonstrably false. At the end of the novels which will never come, after a combination of Rhollorism and the Old Gods Paganism show more value in beating the ice demon apocalypse than the Seven do, why would people object when one of those who helped defeat the Others claim the throne? I really don't think religious practice will be the barrier people think it is. 

Also, does anyone really believe the Iron Throne is going to be a thing at the end? I don't. Kings Landing as a whole will burn, and the Throne everyone's fighting over will burn with it. Bran is more likely to be in the Isle of Faces at the end than on the Iron Throne.

Hell, when Kings Landing burns, the Great Sept of Baelor will go up with it, and Oldtown, a historic center of the Faith, is about to be captured by heretical Iron Born. If the Faith's power is entirely based on symbolism, image and culture, than events like these would severely weaken its appeal to people. And that's not even taking the ice demon invasion into account. I think the Faith of the Seven is pretty much destined to lose out in the end.

The Seven Kingdoms will be no more .

Arya will be the Queen in the North and Riverlands

Sansa will be the queen of  the Vale

Jaime will be the king of Westerlands or Lannvale

Asha the Queen of the Iron Isle

Shereen will be the Queen of the Stormlands

Aegon will be king of  Dragonstone

Arianne will be the Princess of Dorne

Garland will be the king of the Reach

Daenerys will return to Essos to be queen

Jon will become the new king beyond the wall

Bran will remain in the cave living other people's lives time , travelling and all fun things .

On 4/2/2021 at 12:45 PM, Rose of Red Lake said:

My comment wasn't about his fertility, it was more about him being able to identify where problems started because of his long-history lens. He will see how many pointless wars started over inheritance and that rulers drawn from one small group of people is not serving Westeros very well. I think he's the one who will break Westeros out of that. 

I see.

But a structured system of government and rule of law provides stability. And in a place such as Westeros, that is sorely needed.

They are a long way from republicanism in the books. And by the end of the books, Euron is going to horror-story and an example of what not to do. And seeing as Euron became king by way of a direct democratic election...

Yep. A solid constitutional monarchy by way of a good, strong family is the way to go.

On 4/2/2021 at 5:02 PM, Nathan Stark said:

Also, does anyone really believe the Iron Throne is going to be a thing at the end? I don't. Kings Landing as a whole will burn, and the Throne everyone's fighting over will burn with it. Bran is more likely to be in the Isle of Faces at the end than on the Iron Throne.

There are a couple of people who think that this will be the case.

I think the new capital of Westeros will be Harrenhal with the Isle of Faces serving as a king's solar or Small Council chamber of some sort.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 11:43 PM, BlackLightning said:

There are a couple of people who think that this will be the case.

I think the new capital of Westeros will be Harrenhal with the Isle of Faces serving as a king's solar or Small Council chamber of some sort.

That's an interesting idea. The isle of faces is msot likely going to have some impact on the story. 

Archived