Football: What goes up, must come down.

Well, I know the Liverpool doom and gloom titles get a bit tiring, but it was either this or What is dead can win a league.

But really not in the mood for another blue tantrum.

Oh, btw. @Consigliere still think you won't finish second?

Woah! I was not expecting that result at all. Very happy that we managed to pick up an unexpected 3 points.

28 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Oh, btw. @Consigliere still think you won't finish second

Still touch and go for me. While we aren't going to face another team with the quality of City, we are also not going to be able to sit back and play on the counter in nearly all of our remaining fixtures (perhaps aside from Liverpool). I think we've proven over quite some time now under Solskjaer that we are a dangerous side on the counter but having to break down a low block has been problematic to say the least even though we have improved on that front this season.

58 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

it was either this or What is dead can win a league.

But really not in the mood for another blue tantrum.

I think disdain is a better word than tantrum, at least from my side. But you’re right, has to be what is dead can never die, surely? Or even better, one in a row. Damn, should’ve started it myself.

35 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

we are also not going to be able to sit back and play on the counter in nearly all of our remaining fixtures (perhaps aside from Liverpool). I think we've proven over quite some time now under Solskjaer that we are a dangerous side on the counter but having to break down a low block has been problematic to say the least even though we have improved on that front this season.

In fairness, UnitedArena on twitter pointed out the other day (and I think he's right) that most of our opponents for the run-in are more suited to our style of play than the ones we've faced recently.

I'm also happy that Shaw got on the score sheet.  If our forwards weren't so unreliable, he'd be into double figures for assists. He's been fantastic this season. His attacking play has improved significantly and I really didn't think he was capable of stepping it up to this kind of level. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a one season fluke and is a standard that he can maintain.

Actually, if Horse wants to scratch his inexplicable itch for slagging poor innocent Rangers fans, the First Minster already announced that all the crowds gathering in Glasgow are threatening the lockdown easing planned for next week. Talk about dampening the celebrations.

Hum, no. Didn't really bother slagging Liverpool fans last year for not really following social distance rules after winning the league for the first time thirty years. So why would I apply a different standard on that level to a fans of a tinpot Glaswegian club, that has one its first ever league title in its 9 year history?

Are they already singing the famine song, or have we not reached that part of the celebrations, yet?

See, much easier to mock that lot over that.

They weren’t exactly teleported into the premiership. Very impressive from a new club actually.

Not sure if you expect me to defend sectarian singing. I’m against bigotry in all its forms as you probably noticed when I called you out on it several times.

Moving on.

So Chelsea made short work of Everton, and the real Havertz showed up.

Like I said, I think 3 CL spots are more less taken. Argumetns can be made over who finishes second behind City.

Since our residents Mancunians are too nice to properly yank the chains of our resident scousers, I'll ask the question on everybody's mind. No, not whether Klopp will get sacked before the end of the season.

Come summer, and assuming everybody is more less vaccinated by then. Will Liverpool have their parade for the 2020 league title?

Looks like our need to sign a CF has intensified. Cavani's father confirmed to TyC Sports that Cavani doesn't want his contract at United to be extended - says that not being able to speak English as well as lockdown restrictions has made it very difficult for him to settle in England and that he wants to head back to South America to be closer to family. Also confirmed that discussions have taken place with Boca Juniors.

Yeah, Marega bought that penalty quite cleverly. You don't have to make that penalty call imho, but you can.

Juve really need a goal rather soon now, if they want to salvage this.

Also at Dortmund Haaland scored. :dunno:

16 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Looks like our need to sign a CF has intensified. Cavani's father confirmed to TyC Sports that Cavani doesn't want his contract at United to be extended - says that not being able to speak English as well as lockdown restrictions has made it very difficult for him to settle in England and that he wants to head back to South America to be closer to family. Also confirmed that discussions have taken place with Boca Juniors.

That sucks because another year of Cavani would have given us a chance to focus on our more critical needs but as it is if he doesn't sign and Pogba leaves we'll be chasing three positions this summer.

Archived