Football: What goes up, must come down.

Leicester aren’t looking great. They’ve conceded a couple of relatively easy goals and haven’t really looked threatening at the other end.

There’s still time for West Ham to concede their customary flurry of second half goals of course.

Leicester's preparations were disrupted with several players breaking covid protocols (reportedly Maddison, Perez and Choudhury) and subsequently having to be dropped from today's squad.

Lingard has been great for West Ham though. We should be looking at a fee of around £30m for him. I'm sure other clubs will be interested in signing him as well which gives us some leverage.

Meh, Son’s grabbing at McTominay and he’s trying to brush his arm off. He does touch his face but come on.

ETA: And Spurs go up the other end and score.

This does feel like a bit of a negative selection/formation from Solskjaer. They could be more proactive than this against Spurs.

5 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Son was down for ages considering he might have felt a breeze on his nose.

I do think Son got caught in the eye, but like ljkeane says, it was McTominay's reaction to Son's own attempted foul, and a complete accident. If you can't do that we're fucked.

Gotta withdraw McTominay (coz he's on a yellow) for Greenwood or, lonshot, Diallo soon.

Well deserved win. Should have been 4-1. Cavani's goal in the 1st half should never have been ruled out. Pogba was excellent a I'll give a special shoutout to Fred who was excellent as well but is often a target of abuse by the twitter twats even when he plays well.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Well deserved win. Should have been 4-1. Cavani's goal in the 1st half should never have been ruled out. Pogba was excellent a I'll give a special shoutout to Fred who was excellent as well but is often a target of abuse by the twitter twats even when he plays well.

tbh Fred's 1st half was really poor. At some point I could see him being sent off just like against PSG. Much better after his yellow, though. He shouldn't be abused anyway.

3 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

The way everyone else is collapsing WHU could finish 3rd. Thats Spurs chances done, though Everton aren't out of it with their games in hand in 8th. 

It would make a good story but I suspect Chelsea and Liverpool will predictably sneak their ways back into the top 4

The way West Ham are playing I think they're perfectly capable of holding form. I believe they have Chelsea in a couple weeks and especially if Antonio is fit they have a good chance of winning there.

Leicester are doing their slump so I think they'll drop out but with Iheanacho on form they might hold.

Anyway second half performance from us today was great. Pogba on the left really worked. Does limit Rashford on the right a little and probably the best formation is still one of McFred with Pogba in the middle, but in the second half for today it really got the job done and we played some great football.

Who did Jose chuck under the bus today, I didn't follow the interviews.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

The way everyone else is collapsing WHU could finish 3rd. Thats Spurs chances done, though Everton aren't out of it with their games in hand in 8th. 

Let's be clear - we're talking *Everton* here.

We'll miss that opportunity easily.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

As long as at least one 'not big 6' team sneaks in I'll be happy. 

Well, United is on second. :leaving:

Like I said, I think 3 spots will go to City, United and Chelsea. Liverpool could get the fourth spot, if they ever were to rediscover something like consistency. That's ofc assuming, that Chelsea's collapse last week against West Brom was a one off.

Things look somewhat more interesting in Germany.

After Bayern were held to a draw against Union for the second time this season, their cushion has become a bit smaller again. Don't get me wrong, they will lift the trophy at the end of the season all the same, but it's clearly not as smooth sailing as it looked like last week. More interesting the relegation battle tho.

Immediate relegation battle begins at pos 12. Hoffenheim with 30 points. the relegation play off spot on position 16. is right now held by Bielefeld, who are sitting on 26 points. Köln are trailing them by three points. First team that has some cushion is Freiburg on 10 with 37 points. They should be safe. And Köln's Gisdol should be out of the job by tomorrow. Rumoredly old man Friedhelm Funkel is ready to finish the season there. Giving their run in, I think Bremen are in for a rocky ride, if they want to save their necks again.

Archived