Hear Me Roar

Myshkin

42 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Say what you will about Trisk, but if it would take a million monkeys bashing away at a million keyboards a million years to write the works of Shakespeare, there must be at least three monkeys running his account.

Three monkeys in a trench coat, if you will. Or at least a really, really, really long pink dress.

I'm so confused.  Hear Me Roar got banned or passed away?  And will Trishkin fight to the death to defend Labyrinth?  Possibly it's the bottle of malbec, a couple rum and cokes and a bonus bud light, but my thinking is somewhat muddled.  Not to make light if there's an actual tragedy, but playing the percentages...

9 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I'm so confused.  Hear Me Roar got banned or passed away?  And will Trishkin fight to the death to defend Labyrinth?  Possibly it's the bottle of malbec, a couple rum and cokes and a bonus bud light, but my thinking is somewhat muddled.  Not to make light if there's an actual tragedy, but playing the percentages...

The simplest answer is also the most obvious one: we don't negotiate with terrorists. 

Also, why throw the bud light in there? :ack:

Reasonable choices were 1 Bud Light, open a bottle of cabernet, or a dirty martini w bleu cheese stuffed olives or a white Russian.  Letting the bar run down so I won't drink as much.

Bud light is left over from football, but we re only a month out from pontoon season good lord willing.

1 hour ago, S John said:

i think trisky regards Hear Me Roar in the same way that someone might regard a photo of themselves from the 90s wearing jncos. Yes, it happened, but we’ve moved past it.

I have not (nor will I ever) moved past Hear Me Roar! It was a beautiful time, those halcyon days when one could post a hundred new threads each day (and indeed wear the widest of JNCOs) without fear or shame.

55 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I'm so confused.  Hear Me Roar got banned or passed away?  And will Trishkin fight to the death to defend Labyrinth? 

1) He quit the board (for reasons I am still unclear about, and also why didn’t he tell me? we’re supposed to be buds!).

2) Why would Labyrinth ever need defending?

1 minute ago, mcbigski said:

I did a random drive by trolling of myshkin re labyrinth in the didnt age well thread.  He took the bait.

This Myshkin fellow sounds like a good dude who knows what he’s talking about. In fact, he sounds like a perfectly beautiful man.

22 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Truth. I can’t believe I’ve been on here for the best part of 20 years (in its various incarnations).

Facebook was amazingly addictive for a while, but this place is home.

space and time have no meaning here.  20 years ago was functionally yesterday.

Archived