Am I the only person who has never used an illegal drug

Ser Scot A Ellison

19 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Since this is about drugs you have never tried, I've never had a cup of coffee (or tea). Which is weird as I really want to, as I love the smell of coffee and the smugness of tea drinkers. I just don't like hot drinks at all. 

Try sweet iced tea.  :)

I'm pretty sure "sweet iced tea" in the US South context is quite different to what I know as iced teas, but I don't know how to actually check that lol. There's also the iced teas from the Chinese background used in bubble tea (I think it might be called boba tea in the US?) - that can be only very faintly sweet. I love the lemon tea from the closest one to where I live. The ones I have don't tend to have much caffeine in them though, that particular lemon one I don't think has any.

39 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I'm pretty sure "sweet iced tea" in the US South context is quite different to what I know as iced teas, but I don't know how to actually check that lol. There's also the iced teas from the Chinese background used in bubble tea (I think it might be called boba tea in the US?) - that can be only very faintly sweet. I love the lemon tea from the closest one to where I live. The ones I have don't tend to have much caffeine in them though, that particular lemon one I don't think has any.

IT IS- it’s essentially orange sugar water. Tea is hardly even an ingredient

3 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I remember seeing a video on twitter of a southern woman making it and yeah, there was indeed barely any tea and it seemed like half a bag of sugar. I was not impressed by it lol.

1 hour ago, Fury Resurrected said:

It’s southern diabetes juice, a homemade moonshine equivalent of soda that seems like it should be healthier on paper, but definitely is not.

I make homemade sweet tea that is AMAZING.  I use a mint infused black tea and add more mint - i let the tea get really dark. And I do basically supersaturate the boiling water - that is part of what you do.  But it is SO GOOD when it is super cold on a hot day.  

My own experience was I quite enjoyed doing MDMA in my very late teens and early 20s when going to clubs, it was great fun, I also liked coke occasionally too not so much with clubbing though but if you were going out to a bar with friends and drinking it was pretty nice, lost interest in taking drugs or drinking by the time I got to 25/26 except for some very rare occasions, I'm now 33 and have two young children, the thought of being drunk or high is completely unappealing to me.

• 2 weeks later...

...as i sit here in sunny southern usa with temps in 8os F drinking hot kusmi english breakfast tea at 3:45 pm fucked up daylight time, smoking a cigarette, rolling a joint while sucking back homemade apple pie,  i can honestly say...

i dig sweet tea...

...just proves we got more in common than we think, eh Ser Scot :cheers:

:smoking:

Looks like those sweet jazz cigarettes will be legal here in Virginia on July 1. Although I'm not sure when commercial sales will actually start, sounds like those might still be a few years off.

I actually can't smoke anything, I just get terrible coughing fits. But I'll go for some edibles when they're easy to buy, it's been like 5 years since I've had any.

On 3/25/2021 at 8:45 AM, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I make homemade sweet tea that is AMAZING.  I use a mint infused black tea and add more mint - i let the tea get really dark. And I do basically supersaturate the boiling water - that is part of what you do.  But it is SO GOOD when it is super cold on a hot day.  

I need this recipe, please!  I have way more mint from my mint plant than I know what to do with so this seems a perfect way to use it.

10 hours ago, lady narcissa said:

I need this recipe, please!  I have way more mint from my mint plant than I know what to do with so this seems a perfect way to use it.

I fill a large pot (I’m sorry, I don’t measure the water - my big pot?) with water and bring it to a boil.  When it reaches a rolling boil, I add a cup of sugar and all the mint I have picked (which again, apologies, I don’t measure).  I then take it off the heat and add 4-5 tea bags of Bigelow’s “Perfectly Mint”.  I let it steep for at least 15 min, and more like 30 by the time I remember I have done it (and also lets the water cool enough for the next step). Then I pour it through a strainer into a pitcher and put in the fridge.  Then I can pour out a cold glass of tea and add some mint sprigs.  I don’t worry about over-steeping because I can always dilute with water or lemonade later.

5 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I fill a large pot (I’m sorry, I don’t measure the water - my big pot?) with water and bring it to a boil.  When it reaches a rolling boil, I add a cup of sugar and all the mint I have picked (which again, apologies, I don’t measure).  I then take it off the heat and add 4-5 tea bags of Bigelow’s “Perfectly Mint”.  I let it steep for at least 15 min, and more like 30 by the time I remember I have done it (and also lets the water cool enough for the next step). Then I pour it through a strainer into a pitcher and put in the fridge.  Then I can pour out a cold glass of tea and add some mint sprigs.  I don’t worry about over-steeping because I can always dilute with water or lemonade later.

Thanks!  I'm good with no measurements, I've got the gist.  And I've never met a recipe I did not change.  But this will get me started and give me something to do with my mint that is growing like crazy.

I've had technically legal drugs acquired illegally, what we call the "street pharmacist" for when you aren't insured but without pain-killers you cannot even make the walk to work.

I've had marijuana edibles I've gotten illegally but only to help sleep.

I try to stay far away from alcohol, seems like there isn't any real safe level of consumption you are basically poisoning yourself?

Archived