Ser Scot A Ellison

Am I the only person who has never used an illegal drug

44 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Since this is about drugs you have never tried, I've never had a cup of coffee (or tea). Which is weird as I really want to, as I love the smell of coffee and the smugness of tea drinkers. I just don't like hot drinks at all. 

It is 2021. There are now cold coffees. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

It is 2021. There are now cold coffees. 

Yes, and you could also suck pureed dog vomit through a hobo's gusset should you choose.

Cold coffee. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. 

Edited by Spockydog

Also, iced coffee was popular in NY around 1900.  

I end up drinking cold coffee all the time when I misplace mine on cold days. 

I love me some cold brew coffee.

To be clear though, cold coffee has to be ice cold. Piping hot coffee is great. Frosty iced coffee is great. Slightly cool, tepid coffee is an abomination unto God.

1 hour ago, Liffguard said:

I love me some cold brew coffee.

To be clear though, cold coffee has to be ice cold. Piping hot coffee is great. Frosty iced coffee is great. Slightly cool, tepid coffee is an abomination unto God.

Cold brew is good, Japanese Iced Filter as well, and I like an iced latte. But they’ve gotta be good quality. This is probably for a separate thread but I wonder how many people get put off coffee from having bad coffee, which is what you get served in 95% of establishments.

9 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Since this is about drugs you have never tried, I've never had a cup of coffee (or tea). Which is weird as I really want to, as I love the smell of coffee and the smugness of tea drinkers. I just don't like hot drinks at all. 

You’re a British police officer who has never (ever?) had a tea or coffee? This is the strangest thing I’ve read in this thread.

1 hour ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

You’re a British police officer who has never (ever?) had a tea or coffee? This is the strangest thing I’ve read in this thread.

Yeah. Working shifts without coffee has been the great struggle of my life. 

25 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Yeah. Working shifts without coffee has been the great struggle of my life. 

I work shift without coffee and tea too but I sometimes drink a can of red bull(or a knockoff). I used to drink mate but got way to dependant and stopped. 

19 minutes ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

I work shift without coffee and tea too but I sometimes drink a can of red bull(or a knockoff). I used to drink mate but got way to dependant and stopped. 

I still drink a lot (far too much) of diet coke. I don't do shifts anymore but I do have to get up before 6 everyday, and my daughter is not a great sleeper. 

3 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I still drink a lot (far too much) of diet coke. I don't do shifts anymore but I do have to get up before 6 everyday, and my daughter is not a great sleeper. 

I drink the diet versions too. Maybe not much healthier but I add like 2 kg per month to my weight if I drink stuff with sugar in it... 

I smoke tobacco cigarettes. Do it all the time, but say I'm gonna quit every now and then. Last time for pot and alcohol was Christmas 2014. I was never a heavy user or drinker. But it did mean tons for me to quit. Vaping -- I cannot remember when I quit that. But it was sometime in 2020, I think. 

On 3/23/2021 at 5:47 PM, Liffguard said:

This is me. I can drink coffee or tea all evening and then sleep like a rock.

Apropos of nothing, but I used to say it was the having to go to the bathroom every half hour or so from all the coffee, not the caffeine that would keep me awake...

19 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Try sweet iced tea.  :)

59 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Try sweet iced tea.  :)

Disgusting. I can’t stand iced tea, and sweet tea is just gross.

I'm pretty sure "sweet iced tea" in the US South context is quite different to what I know as iced teas, but I don't know how to actually check that lol. There's also the iced teas from the Chinese background used in bubble tea (I think it might be called boba tea in the US?) - that can be only very faintly sweet. I love the lemon tea from the closest one to where I live. The ones I have don't tend to have much caffeine in them though, that particular lemon one I don't think has any.

39 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I'm pretty sure "sweet iced tea" in the US South context is quite different to what I know as iced teas, but I don't know how to actually check that lol. There's also the iced teas from the Chinese background used in bubble tea (I think it might be called boba tea in the US?) - that can be only very faintly sweet. I love the lemon tea from the closest one to where I live. The ones I have don't tend to have much caffeine in them though, that particular lemon one I don't think has any.

IT IS- it’s essentially orange sugar water. Tea is hardly even an ingredient