UK Politics - I Protest

Which Tyler

So, in news that's being buried by Meghan and Harry (please gods, can we move on from that?)
Priti Patel essentially wants to remove our right to peaceful protest, if that protest is annoying - including a clause that looks like it was designed explicitly to ban Steven Bray.
But remember - no-one shold ever be cancelled... except the Mash Report, Steven Bray, or BLM

This is not something that shold be burried by celebrity gossip.

https://www.politics.co.uk/comment/2021/03/11/silencing-black-lives-matter-priti-patels-anti-protest-law/

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2021/mar/11/civil-liberties-groups-call-police-plans-for-demos-an-assault-on-right-to-protest

2 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

Priti Patel essentially wants to remove our right to peaceful protest, if that protest is annoying - including a clause that looks like it was designed explicitly to ban Steven Bray.
But remember - no-one shold ever be cancelled... except the Mash Report, Steven Bray, or BLM

This is not something that shold be burried by celebrity gossip.

https://www.politics.co.uk/comment/2021/03/11/silencing-black-lives-matter-priti-patels-anti-protest-law/

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2021/mar/11/civil-liberties-groups-call-police-plans-for-demos-an-assault-on-right-to-protest

And simultaneously she is trying to represent herself as the protector of women from abuse. :stillsick:

Just now, Which Tyler said:

Meanwhile, presumably unrelated to HMG's war of woke / cancel culture; the Mash Report has been cancelled - for embarrassing the government.

It would probably have been more embarrassing for the government if it had ever managed to raise even a smile from its audience. It really should have been called up to the trading standards for describing itself as a comedy. 

41 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

It would probably have been more embarrassing for the government if it had ever managed to raise even a smile from its audience. It really should have been called up to the trading standards for describing itself as a comedy. 

Oh I think they did pretty well with their analysis of Piers Morgan's interview style... And it was informative too!

I posted this one shortly after it came out and it seems just as relevant today.

12 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Oh I think they did pretty well with their analysis of Piers Morgan's interview style... And it was informative too!

I posted this one shortly after it came out and it seems just as relevant today.

It’s not funny though is it.

9 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/business-economics/economics/uk-economy-in-turmoil-as-exports-to-eu-plunge-by-41-256982

Exports to the EU drop by £5.6M for the month of January.

£8.5M per year seems a bargain but ya know... project fear and all that.

Even I wouldn't give a shit about leaving if it was only £5.6 million. Do you mean billion? Link doesnt work for some reason. 

8 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I LOLed. But you have sufficiently established your high standards for comedy. Quite impressive.

To be fair you aren’t exposed to this show and a lot of the BBCs ‘comedy’ output but describing The Mash Report as left wing political propaganda wouldn’t be far off the mark. The video you posted is pretty representative of what the show is, basically incredibly obvious student comedy designed for people who clearly agree with everything they say.

It really is just the lowest hanging fruit they can reach for on every topic. 

Having said all that , even if I basically despise the show as it’s a symbol of how low the BBC has gone, considering just how good its comedy output used to be, I still don’t think they should cancel it, especially not for political grounds. Let it stay on, continue to embarrass themselves, or at the very least do something to add some level of balance to their ‘jokes’

47 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

To be fair you aren’t exposed to this show and a lot of the BBCs ‘comedy’ output but describing The Mash Report as left wing political propaganda wouldn’t be far off the mark. The video you posted is pretty representative of what the show is, basically incredibly obvious student comedy designed for people who clearly agree with everything they say.

It really is just the lowest hanging fruit they can reach for on every topic. 

Having said all that , even if I basically despise the show as it’s a symbol of how low the BBC has gone, considering just how good its comedy output used to be, I still don’t think they should cancel it, especially not for political grounds. Let it stay on, continue to embarrass themselves, or at the very least do something to add some level of balance to their ‘jokes’

Having established your contempt for the show and its audience, and hopefully accepting that humor is in the eye of the beholder, is there anything inaccurate in their analysis of journalistic practices or of Piers Morgan?

Sometimes as an organisation we really are on a hiding to nothing. Not allowing the vigil for Sarah Everard is absolutely the right thing to do in the current situation. But we are going to get fucking slated for it, if their court case is not successful. And if they do gather, and we dont ticket them, we are playing politics. 

7 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Having established your contempt for the show and its audience, and hopefully accepting that humor is in the eye of the beholder, is there anything inaccurate in their analysis of journalistic practices or of Piers Morgan?

Not really. But that’s the point. This stuff is just so obvious that you wonder why anyone gets paid for saying it.

40 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Not really. But that’s the point. This stuff is just so obvious that you wonder why anyone gets paid for saying it.

The Beeb likes lowest common denominator comedy - gets them bigger audiences. Ever seen Mrs Brown’s Boys?

57 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

There aren’t many things everyone in this thread can agree on, but I suspect this is one of them.

Apparently humour is in the eye of the beholder or something?!  Clearly not true as Mrs Browns Boys can be scientifically proven to be shit.

Archived