Sign in to follow this  
Which Tyler

UK Politics - I Protest

Can't wait for all the Brexit benefits we were promised to start rolling in.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Well, I guess Titancon might be dead this year too.

It's looking iffy because of the proximity of the convention to the vaccine rollout.

The areas of rioting and violence in Belfast are occurring in key, well-known flashpoints between Unionist and Republican areas well outside the areas tourists usually visit. You'd hope they'd also be gone in four or five months, but nothing is a given in Northern Ireland.

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

Good grief.

It’s funny how many people on Twitter cannot identify when someone is taking the piss 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

It’s funny how many people on Twitter cannot identify when someone is taking the piss 

You mean in the same way that certain people make appalling public utterances only to go on to claim they were joking or high on painkillers when they get called out on their bullshit? You mean like that?

Edited by Spockydog

Just now, Spockydog said:

You mean in the same way that certain people make appalling public utterances only to go on to claim they were joking when they get called out on their bullshit? You mean like that?

I mean the way the internet works is it takes everything at face value. Has little interest in context or irony.. because those things require more hard work. Plus it all helps to churn the outrage machine innit

Posted (edited)

Yes, but look on the bright side. We'll go to bed tonight happy in the knowledge that there is one less racist in the world.

Edited by Spockydog

17 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Yea it’s odd how many people choose the hours after someone dies to tell us how they really feel. 

Didn't basically everyone acknowledge that he was a racist while he was alive?

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Celebrating people’s death.. it doesn’t really get any lower does it?

Well, that all depends on who just died. 

And look, nobody is celebrating. The guy was a husband, a father, a grandfather. But he was also a lot of other things, some of them very nasty and disturbing. And I cannot overlook the fact that his entire family and its position in this country is an aberration. What the fuck have the Windsors ever done for you? Or me? The nation's grandfather? I've never heard such horseshit.

So forgive me if I don't glug down the tabloid Koolaid telling me that his passing is an enormous loss for this country and I should mourn him like one of my own.

Because he most definitely wasn't.

Edited by Spockydog