Video Games - Legendary Edition

Rhom

18 hours ago, Jon AS said:

I you want to one-shot things I'll repeat my recommendation for the Marauder. Put a high Tactics pilot in one and focus on getting headshots, you'll be swimming in 'Mech parts (and consequently C-Bills) in no time.

Yeah, I heard about the Marauder's bonus to headshots. Been a while since I last came across one and I've been using an Annihilator as my Marauder replacement, although it doesn't have the headshot bonus. However, fit it with five UAC2s firing 2 shots apiece, each with with an 18% headshot chance and there's not too many turns when you're not headshotting something.

5 hours ago, Werthead said:

Yeah, I heard about the Marauder's bonus to headshots. Been a while since I last came across one and I've been using an Annihilator as my Marauder replacement, although it doesn't have the headshot bonus. However, fit it with five UAC2s firing 2 shots apiece, each with with an 18% headshot chance and there's not too many turns when you're not headshotting something.

Yes, ultimately it's a numbers game and I do think that UACs are like SRMs in that every single shot has a chance to hit the head when aiming for it, whereas LRMs or LBXACs only check once for every cluster of hits.

4 hours ago, Jon AS said:

Yes, ultimately it's a numbers game and I do think that UACs are like SRMs in that every single shot has a chance to hit the head when aiming for it, whereas LRMs or LBXACs only check once for every cluster of hits.

I've got a Marauder now and tried it's headshotting capabilities, which worked splendidly. Then turned out to be useless on that mission because you get the mech (The Big Steel Crab) as salvage regardless (it turned out to be shit, so I sold it). Still, it seems very promising.

I haven't tried the Annihilator 5xUAC variant as I haven't found enough UACs, but the current build (2xAC10++, 2x Gauss Rifle+) is enough to make most things in the game explode instantly, if you're not quite so fussy about keeping things intact.

Halfway through the Flashpoints and not too far off from the actual, post-DLC end of the game. Have to start thinking about what to play next. Rome Total War Remastered and Jedi Fallen Order the current leading candidates.

41 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Mass Effect Legendary Edition is approaching quickly.

Team Tali!

I have played the trilogy twice... as a soldier male Shep and a vanguard fem Shep.

I don’t know what I will do with this one!

15 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I have played the trilogy twice... as a soldier male Shep and a vanguard fem Shep.

I'm thinking soldier femShep this time through. I've only played the whole trilogy as a male Shap, though I did do a replay of ME1 as a femShep way back in the day, but not ME2 or 3 (which I've only played once apiece anyway).

30 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I’m just going to do the basic male Shepard soldier.

My housemate doesn’t know what it’s about, and is looking forward to the story. 

6 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I’m just going to do the basic male Shepard soldier.

My housemate doesn’t know what it’s about, and is looking forward to the story. 

Gonna let them make the choices for you?

Crusader Kings 3 is so much more fun when you play it as a storytelling tool or role playing game, rather than trying to ‘win’.

I know that is common advice from the devs but it can be hard not to try and paint the map.

My recent campaign I started as William the Conqueror and invaded England. Nothing interesting to report there and was straight forward.

But by the time I got to playing as his grandson, the game really became fun. His grandson was John, who was having an affair with his mother, was a high intrigue character, both lazy and a coward and a total shit. Playing as him and being a complete dick to everyone was amazing. 

All the nobles hated me as I was a sinner, both for my incest but also as I murdered so many people. A number of challengers to my throne rose up but one by one I would blackmail their supporters to back down or just murder people. 
My wife hated me because I was so unlikable, she had an affair and some bastards and tried to kill me.

Didn’t expand my territory at all during his lifetime but was the most fun I’ve had in the game.

Am I alone in being completely unhyped to buy a re-release of a game series I already own and have played through completely several times? I genuinely don't get it at all. I love (fem)Shep and the crew but I can already play through their stories any time I want.

19 minutes ago, Poobah said:

Am I alone in being completely unhyped to buy a re-release of a game series I already own and have played through completely several times? I genuinely don't get it at all. I love (fem)Shep and the crew but I can already play through their stories any time I want.

I think ME1 is getting a re-work? That might be one reason, i suppose. I loved my fem-Shep Soldier too. She was such a badass

22 minutes ago, Poobah said:

No, you're not alone. I've finished ME1 three times, ME2 and ME3 twice, seen all the content in both the Paragon and Renegade paths, and have no wish to go back. Too many other games on my list, and too little time.

54 minutes ago, Poobah said:

Yeah I don't don't really feel any hype either for exactly the same reasons.

58 minutes ago, Poobah said:

The only reason I could see to get (moderately) excited about it if they had reworked the game mechanics of 1+2 to be in line with 3 (well, ideally more in line with Andromeda, but that was done on an entirely different engine). But the only things I've seen mentioned are upscaled visuals (not a selling point in itself, plus there's mods for that already) and an optional change to the Mako physics which, again, is not a selling point.

Archived