Video Games - Legendary Edition

Rhom

Got tired of camping for Xenon freighters, so I flew back to Argon Prime and bought myself a freighter. I have read that mining ships are now more profitable, but I'm old-school, I just want to see how the production chains look like in this one and where it's profitable to squeeze myself in.

I actually tried to buy one before, but the shipyard said that they didn't have enough hull plates to build it. What? Seriously? The shipyards now need all the resources to make the ship you are ordering? That's... really cool, but also somewhat frustrating. They should have at least a small number of pre-build ships stored that you don't have to wait. In real life you don't go to a MAN dealership, order a truck and then get told to wait until they have enough microchips to build one for you. Oh wait...

Anyway, I bought an Argon Mercury and... get reminded of that actually pretty dumb tradition in the series that pretty much entirely new ships keep having the same names as old ones. I still remember my handbook of X3: Terran Conflict insisting that the Argon Titan is just a refit of the old one, even though they look nothing alike. The good old Argon Mercury freighter suffers from the same nonsense:

The original one in X2: https://seizewell.de/ddrow/schiffe-Dateien/argonmerkur.jpg

The one in X3: https://seizewell.de/x3-tc/ships/merkur_tanker.jpg

The one in X4: https://i.imgur.com/BpI1BQD.png

You can't seriously try to tell me those are the same ships...

6 hours ago, Ghostlydragon said:

That is a game I would like to play. Is it on the ps3 store?

Just checked.  The answer is Yes!

On 5/5/2021 at 3:03 PM, Ghostlydragon said:

Great I'll pick it up when I beatTrigger.

How many times?

Resident Evil Village got some good reviews. I was going to buy it anyway because of the return of Mercenaries mode. 

Continued my X4: Foundations run. Damn, there is so much to do in that game and it's only very recently that I found out I accidentally avoided the main quest by skipping parts of the tutorial. :rolleyes:

After some trading I had earned enough money to buy a mining ship and set it to automine in Argon Prime. I then put my Mercury to autotrading (its poor captain needs to earn her wage after all!) and set out with my Elite into Paranid territory in order to raise my reputation from hostile to neutral so that I can trade with them as well. Unfortunately so far with very little success. I destroyed some Khaak and Xenon, but apparently too far off from their stations and ships to get any kind of acknowledgement for that. I even took part in a rather large-scale battle against the Xenon, but the Paranid forces were so massive that I never managed to get the kill as the Xenon were dying far too fast. At least I managed to grab a ton of wreckage and made quite a neat profit from that. Together with my trader and my miner I already bounced back to a million credits.

The only mission offered to me was by the Antigone Republic who apparently has a station in Paranid territory. They sent me into the neighboring Xenon sector to search for two lockboxes. Took me quite a while to find them because after looking it up I found out I have used the long range scanners wrong. I thought you just had to go into scan mode and fly around, but apparently you have to press 'r' to shoot some kind of sensor ping that marks objects on your map. While at it I also found a lone "Data Vault" satellite that I had to explore in my space suit, triggering switches that open doors to more switches, goodies and apparently... animated encyclopedia entries? Okay... that seems a rather unexpected sort of collectible for an X game.

Also one of those lockboxes had 16 locks was constantly rotating and only allowed one miss, exploding on the second one. That was a bitch to open for an old savescummer like me...

Enjoying Resident Evil so far, though I had to re-adjust my brightness settings to get through the opening section. I hate sequences like that where you're jamming the joystick forward and your character is crawling along through what is essentially an interactive cut scene. 

I could also do without

weird magneto hammer guy. But hey that's Resident Evil post-Nemesis I guess. If they find a way to justify Chris Redfield spaying your house with machine gun fire and killing your wife I'll be really impressed. I assume she's still infect with something but still there's a nice way to do that.

On BattleTech, still (these Flashpoints are long, and there's a lot of them). Getting an insane amount of cool gear now. I was rocking Behemoth in a King Crab with a UAC20 and an AC20+++ and that was pretty much just one-shotting everything in sight, and then transferred her over to an Annihilator with 4xAC10s. Swapped two of the AC10s out for Gauss Guns++ and replaced the 2xAC10s with ++ variants and she's just strolling around the battlefield killing everything whilst the other three are hanging out drinking tea or something.

The only negative is heat, which occasionally calls the other mechs back into service. I've been whittling down the Double Heatsinks from the end of the campaign and I haven't found any replacements yet, not even on planets with Advanced Star League caches. Sigh.

7 hours ago, Werthead said:

The only negative is heat, which occasionally calls the other mechs back into service. I've been whittling down the Double Heatsinks from the end of the campaign and I haven't found any replacements yet, not even on planets with Advanced Star League caches. Sigh.

Gotta get in good with the pirates to get black market access. You can score plenty of Star League 'Mechs there, which come with DHS.

6 hours ago, Jon AS said:

Gotta get in good with the pirates to get black market access. You can score plenty of Star League 'Mechs there, which come with DHS.

Aren't black market costs exorbitant? Unless you make the pirates your best friends, I think.

Yeah, Black Market costs are insane. Ordinary fully-equipped Marauders going for like 20 million, which is absurd. I haven't even seen Star League mechs going fully-priced, and even partials are like 6-10 million per piece (I could just about afford that at the moment, if I could find any). Apparently a good dodge is trying to find Star League Griffins, which are in no way as expensive as Atlas IIs or SL Highlanders, but come with several DHS, as well as extra pulse lasers. Though I'd be more likely to add more SL Highlanders to my ranks. The one Glitch is in is an absolute monster and can one-shot Zeuses and Awesomes on a good roll.

I did fly to a Star League market and picked up some Gauss+ guns, which was excellent, but no Double Heat Sinks.

5 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Aren't black market costs exorbitant? Unless you make the pirates your best friends, I think.

Don't ever buy whole 'Mechs, get them in parts for a fraction of the cost (unless you've dialed the salvage parts required up to 8, I guess).

4 hours ago, Werthead said:

Though I'd be more likely to add more SL Highlanders to my ranks. The one Glitch is in is an absolute monster and can one-shot Zeuses and Awesomes on a good roll.

I you want to one-shot things I'll repeat my recommendation for the Marauder. Put a high Tactics pilot in one and focus on getting headshots, you'll be swimming in 'Mech parts (and consequently C-Bills) in no time.

2 hours ago, Jon AS said:

Don't ever buy whole 'Mechs, get them in parts for a fraction of the cost (unless you've dialed the salvage parts required up to 8, I guess).

I've never bought whole mechs. That way lies bankruptcy. :)

4 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

I've never bought whole mechs. That way lies bankruptcy.

Yup. But on the other hand, if you avoid that one pitfall, money is fairly easy to come by. Picking salvage over cash payouts becomes the way to go pretty quickly, and once you're consistently salvaging one 'Mech per mission (sometimes two or three, depending on luck of the draw), you'll never have to worry about going bakrupt again. As long as you don't piss off the pirates too much, black market prices shouldn't be a big hurdle and you can usually buy all the special weapons on offer plus the occasional 'Mech. Even if you've run out of missions and are running low on money and have to pass that neat Gauss Rifle++ that's not a tragedy, the next black market system will offer plenty of worthwhile stuff as well.

Any new news on Vampire the Masquerade ? i believe the release date is shifted to the end of the year now...which is a shame cause its my most eagerly awaited game now. Really loved playing the first one, probably the most atmospheric vampire game I've ever played and has a better lore/story than most vampire movies and novels... 

2 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Any new news on Vampire the Masquerade ? i believe the release date is shifted to the end of the year now...which is a shame cause its my most eagerly awaited game now. Really loved playing the first one, probably the most atmospheric vampire game I've ever played and has a better lore/story than most vampire movies and novels... 

Archived