Star Trek: All Good Threads...

SpaceChampion

So no one but Spock from the original show was on the crew back then huh? Not surprising and I'm not sure what's been established in canon but I was kinda hoping Bones would be there. 

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

So no one but Spock from the original show was on the crew back then huh? Not surprising and I'm not sure what's been established in canon but I was kinda hoping Bones would be there. 

It’s entirely based on the original pilot “The Cage”, which was later recanonised as happening 13 years before TOS. And yea, Leonard Nimoy was the only cast member who transferred over. But if we start wishing for other crew members, aren’t we just remaking TOS?

51 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

It’s entirely based on the original pilot “The Cage”, which was later recanonised as happening 13 years before TOS. And yea, Leonard Nimoy was the only cast member who transferred over. But if we start wishing for other crew members, aren’t we just remaking TOS?

Technically Majel Barrett came over to the original series from "The Cage"...just as a different character...

Despite the maddening insistence on doing prequels, this is actually the one show I'm possibly optimistic about...but I'm still sure it'll get mucked up.

13 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

McCoy wasnt even on the Enterprise in the first Kirk pilot, from memory.

No, he only came in during the first season proper, although it gets a little confused because the second pilot (Where No Man Has Gone Before) got chucked into the mix randomly and aired three or four episodes in, so you go from Bones being around to disappearing and then coming back.

I've only watched TOS all the way through once. Of course I've seen individual episodes on TV from time to time, and I love a lot of the original movies. TOS is just too dated for me to really get into it. So my knowledge of it isn't great. 

• 3 weeks later...

The full drop of information is quite impressive (gathered there from multiple tweets).

• More information on Prodigy: set five years after the end of Voyager, on a Federation starship that has returned to the Delta Quadrant but something's gone wrong and the ship is abandoned. A bunch of alien refugee kids find the ship and its Emergency Training Hologram...which is based on Captain Janeway (voiced by Kate Mulgrew).
  • Lower Decks Season 2 has more Captain Riker (w00t!) and features the gang taking command of a Miranda-class starship at some point. Drops in August this year. Plus, it's just been renewed for Season 3.
  • Discovery Season 4 seems like same old, although they have more colourful, new uniforms. Targeting a 2021 release date, probably October/November.
  • Picard Season 2 is targeting an early 2022 release date. John de Lancie is back as Q (he confirms his live-action return in his own Twitter feed).

8 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Finishing off season 6 finale of DS9 and after all these years I still hate the perfunctory way they killed off Jadzia.  This is bullshit.

Something else to thank Rick Berman for.

Paramount has set a 9 June 2023 release date for the next Star Trek movie. Apparently this is absolutely nothing to do with any of the previously-announced projects (the fourth Pine/Quinto movie, the Tarantino idea, the Hawley idea, the Vazquez project) and instead is a whole new thing. It's being produced by JJ Abrams and that's all we know about it. Although to hit that date they need to get moving on it sharpish.

6 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Paramount has set a 9 June 2023 release date for the next Star Trek movie. Apparently this is absolutely nothing to do with any of the previously-announced projects (the fourth Pine/Quinto movie, the Tarantino idea, the Hawley idea, the Vazquez project) and instead is a whole new thing. It's being produced by JJ Abrams and that's all we know about it. Although to hit that date they need to get moving on it sharpish.

Huh ... I guess if it’s not New Star Trek 4, and it’s Abrams producing, it must be another ship in the JJverse? I hope it’s not New Next Gen, unlikely alongside Picard though.

Based on their track record, I’ll go with “some weird idea that nobody was asking for”.

On 4/9/2021 at 8:07 PM, DaveSumm said:

Huh ... I guess if it’s not New Star Trek 4, and it’s Abrams producing, it must be another ship in the JJverse? I hope it’s not New Next Gen, unlikely alongside Picard though.

Based on their track record, I’ll go with “some weird idea that nobody was asking for”.

Since Reunification, there's nothing stopping any new films from using the Prime timeline, but who knows at this point.

Archived