Targaryens under the protection of Sealord

Mrstrategy

Would it be Have been considered a diplomatic incident  between Robert government and the sealord  if the targaryens haven attacked and/or killed and their killers caught and identify as sent by Robert or one of Robert main supporters like Tywin while Targaryens were under sealord or bravosi protection or at least residing in bravoss?

27 minutes ago, Mrstrategy said:

Would it be Have been considered a diplomatic incident  between Robert government and the sealord  if the targaryens haven attacked and/or killed and their killers caught and identify as sent by Robert or one of Robert main supporters like Tywin while Targaryens were under sealord or bravosi protection or at least residing in bravoss?

Remember Manderly talking to Davos about his being dead and if the Freys had determined the wrong man was killed he would have killed Davos and blamed the error on his guardsmen?  I suspect that if the Sealord of Braavos was discovered to be harbouring Targ pretenders to the Iron Throne he would have acted in a similar way and killed D and V himself and disavowed any knowledge of the plot before completely ruining relations with Westeros. How could Robert in good faith pay off the crown's debt to the Iron Bank if he knew that money was going into the pockets of the guy who's looking after his born and sworn enemies?

15 hours ago, Mrstrategy said:

Braavos has an independent nature and have shown no fear of Westeros.  Such an attack would be viewed as an act of war.  A lot of people on both Essos and Westeros would have been very unhappy with it.  There will be consequences for the Baratheons.  House Targaryen is the rightful ruler of Westeros in the eyes of most people.  Consider this.  House Targaryen has been in exile for years and there are still people on both continents who are trying to restore them to the throne.  I don't think any other family has that kind of goodwill.  Attacking King Viserys III and Princess Daenerys while they're under the Sealord's roof would have meant the death of Robert.  The Sealord would pay him back and send a faceless man to kill him.  

16 hours ago, Jay21 said:

Remember Manderly talking to Davos about his being dead and if the Freys had determined the wrong man was killed he would have killed Davos and blamed the error on his guardsmen?  I suspect that if the Sealord of Braavos was discovered to be harbouring Targ pretenders to the Iron Throne he would have acted in a similar way and killed D and V himself and disavowed any knowledge of the plot before completely ruining relations with Westeros. How could Robert in good faith pay off the crown's debt to the Iron Bank if he knew that money was going into the pockets of the guy who's looking after his born and sworn enemies?

It wasn't a secret at all that Dany and Viserys were in Braavos. I don't think that Braavos would have gone to war over the issue, but they would have been very unhappy. Also, Braavos didn't finance Dany and Viserys at all. When Willem Darry died, Dany and Viserys were evicted from their home and had to start their tour through the Free Cities.

I think Robert had at times the idea of killing them but the rest of the council disagreed. In particular I think Varys played a key role in avoiding that someone else by their own account killed them and claimed a prize. At the same time Varys fueled paranoia in Viserys about a possible assassination.

On 3/16/2021 at 4:39 PM, Mrstrategy said:

Yes it would. 

Archived