Falcon and The Winter Soldier (spoilers)

Ser Scot A Ellison

2 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

if they need to come up with an explanation as to how Sam maintains his Falcon gear... the most plausible way would be either a grant from pepper, or "stark Tek wings were left to him in Tony's will... 

Tony is leaving him wings... Cap gives him a vibranium shield... Man, Sam wound up coming out okay!

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

Wait the wings weren't made by Tony were they? I thought they were just some government prototype thing that he and cap stole in Winter Soldier?

That's true of the first set. Not sure about what he has now. It looks like Stark got his hands on it, much like how he improved Spidey's suit.

23 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Wait the wings weren't made by Tony were they? I thought they were just some government prototype thing that he and cap stole in Winter Soldier?

The wings in Winter Soldier were the ones Sam was trained to fly in the military.  Not sure if the wings he uses now are the same or if someone built him a new set.  They got torn apart by Bucky at the end of Winter Soldier, but could presumably be repaired. 

While not specifically stated, it's assumed that Stark had to have had a hand in upgrading the equipment. I mean, Redwing certainly isn't part of the package in Winter Soldier and it is impossible to tell when Sam joins the team at the end of Age of Ultron...

Tony must have an awful lot of back up tech for every eventuality. He semi-quit the Avengers at the end of Age of Ultron when Sam joined, and then they became his again just as Sam become a fugitive. So Tony and Sam were never actually Avengers at the same time. But then he had a suit ready made for Peter Parker as well, plus the AI he has seems like you could just say “hey analyse these wings and improve them and then manufacture them will you?”

It does stretch things for me somewhat that Sam is capable of maintaining them, if they really do rely on Stark tech that much. It just adds to the list of reasons why someone with Sam’s knowledge and abilities shouldn’t be struggling to buy a boat.

Well the new Cap is an Asshole, but we expected that.  Very buddy cop movie.  I like the therapist.  

They’re making the “Flag-Smashers” fairly sympathetic.  I’m dieing to know what it we “like during the Blip”.  All we have is the brief glimpse we got in Endgame and the veiled references we’ve gotten since.

This is like an Ellen show: you get a super soldier, you get a super soldier, everyone gets a super soldier!!

I guess this means the thing that made Cap special wasn't his super strength (which after all is way less strength than the strongest Avengers anyway), but the strength of his character.

I guess the question for me about new Cap is whether his sidekick will also go all in on becoming one of the US government's leading instruments of oppression, or will he see the light. I guess they had to give him a black friend lest he become a symbol of the real life racist nationalists. He'll just be a symbol of real life not-racist nationalists.

The flag crushers made me think of that one Start Trek TNG (I think?) episode where there were a bunch of anti-warp terrorists doing terroristy things in the name of preserving the fabric of space-time from the excessive use of warp. Everyone thought they were nutcases opposed to progress, but it turned out that actually excessive use of warp was damaging the fabric of space-time. So the Federation put speed limits on all warp capable ships. The Warp terrorists still had to face justice, but they did achieve their the aim, mostly. A somewhat disturbing moral being that violent, extreme action can get you what you want (maybe the only way to get what you want), especially when what you are fighting for is objectively legit at the core.

I loved everything about that episode.

I knew that new Cap was supposed to be an asshole, but they did a really good job of making him look likeable right up until that last line.  He seemed very genuine and he had some good lines in there.  I liked the line about the grenade and the helmet.  "Its this thing I do..."  :lol:

Since I'm not familiar with the deeper Marvel lore, was Isaiah someone with a name in the comics?

10 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I loved everything about that episode.

I knew that new Cap was supposed to be an asshole, but they did a really good job of making him look likeable right up until that last line.  He seemed very genuine and he had some good lines in there.  I liked the line about the grenade and the helmet.  "Its this thing I do..."  :lol:

Since I'm not familiar with the deeper Marvel lore, was Isaiah someone with a name in the comics?

Does Walker eventually get the Super Soldier serum?

2 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Does Walker eventually get the Super Soldier serum?

I dunno personally, but based on what others said a page or two back it would seem so.

Maybe he and "Battlestar" :lol: get their tails handed to them again and in the tradition of Lattimore from The Program, he decides he has to roid it up too.

15 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I dunno personally, but based on what others said a page or two back it would seem so.

Maybe he and "Battlestar" :lol: get their tails handed to them again and in the tradition of Lattimore from The Program, he decides he has to roid it up too.

I want “Battlestar” to say “frak” just once.

That’s the girl from the Solo movie, right? Flag Smashers striking more like Robin Hood types, at this point, assuming they stole from Power Broker. 

Isaiah Bradly. Zemo.

So much of Bucky’s identity revolves around Steve I could feel the lost boy energy at the idea that Steve could be wrong.

Good episode.

Not sure how I feel about the second episode. I don't think I enjoyed it as much as the first one. The first one seemed more focused on showing us who these characters are as people, while this one focused more on who they are as heroes. I guess I just prefer that latter over the former.

18 minutes ago, sifth said:

Not sure how I feel about the second episode. I don't think I enjoyed it as much as the first one. The first one seemed more focused on showing us who these characters are as people, while this one focused more on who they are as heroes. I guess I just prefer that latter over the former.

Felt like we still got that.  We saw John Walker’s character, even if that was a bit of a swerve.  We saw Sam’s continued tightrope walk between being a world renowned hero and the realities of being black in America.  Bucky showed his continued angst over his role.

And we got the comedy with the Aliens Androids and Wizards bit.

Archived