Falcon and The Winter Soldier (spoilers)

Ser Scot A Ellison

30 minutes ago, mormont said:

it introduces Elijah Bradley, aka Patriot. We already had Speed and Wiccan, sort of, introduced in WandaVision and the door is open for them to come back. And the Hawkeye show is to feature Kate Bishop. What other Young Avengers do we think are likely to crop up? Is this Marvel planning for Phase 5?

22 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Yea I saw a YouTuber make this case (Screencrush I think) and it seemed inevitable that that’s where they’re headed. Scott’s daughter is somebody I think, Tony’s daughter, a few others.

Yep I saw this mentioned in The Ringer's recap.  The reviewer mentioned the twins, Kate Bishop, and Cassie Lang along with Eli.  Morgan Stark would be interesting, albeit she is just five years old in-universe, while the others are either significantly older or with the twins their age doesn't really matter.

2 hours ago, mormont said:

One note on the last episode: it introduces Elijah Bradley, aka Patriot. We already had Speed and Wiccan, sort of, introduced in WandaVision and the door is open for them to come back. And the Hawkeye show is to feature Kate Bishop. What other Young Avengers do we think are likely to crop up? Is this Marvel planning for Phase 5?

We already saw Cassie Lang (which has been recast), and since Jonathan Majors has been reportedly cast as Kang, he'll also (probably) play Iron Lad with the help of some CGI to de-age him. All of them appearing at the same time is no coincidence, I reckon.

35 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere about Amadeus Cho turning up - maybe in She-Hulk?

Helen Cho was in Age of Ultron so her son showing up at some point wouldn't be a huge surprise.

9 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Amadeus was part of the recent Champions, who were very similar to the Young Avengers, I think that is why some people mix them up.

That, and it's reasonable to assume that an MCU Young Avengers would feature a Hulk counterpart,

On 3/30/2021 at 11:43 AM, mormont said:

One note on the last episode: it introduces Elijah Bradley, aka Patriot. We already had Speed and Wiccan, sort of, introduced in WandaVision and the door is open for them to come back. And the Hawkeye show is to feature Kate Bishop. What other Young Avengers do we think are likely to crop up? Is this Marvel planning for Phase 5?

I think so. Kang is being introduced shortly, so Iron Lad could be buttoned up as well.

edit: responded when I saw it, didn't see Winterfell's subsequent response.

Solid episode. I'll spoiler tag for American bound viewers who haven't had chance to watch yet.

I really liked the introduction of madripoor - the design was quite cool and distinct, a sort of grimy wakanda. Hopefully the setting will be used more in the MCU.

Zemo was great and it was nice to see Bruhl do more with the character. He's surprisingly sympathetic as he has a valid point regarding the fate of sokovia. They also seem to be making out he wasn't a fan of hydra's ideals. And there's a weird batman vibe going on with his butler and millionaire status. Hopefully this is positioning the character for Thunderbolts - a villain still but not a Nazi.

Sharon carter was also fun. In general it seems the new Disney shows are doing a good job of making underwhelming characters interesting.

Only real criticism was the really lazy phonecall scene. Are we supposed to believe Falcon is that stupid? Unfortunate character assassination for a fight scene.

39 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I forgot Zemo was part of the “Thunderbolts”.  It’s interesting that he just sat in prison waiting when it seems he could have left any time he wanted.

Just biding his time :)

I'm guessing if the MCU ever did "Thunderbolts" they'd have to mix things up a bit or just be upfront about the "twist". Maybe with some different characters behind the masks. Then again GOT still had shock moments despite the info being out in the books already. I guess most people are casual fans and would still be surprised.

The MCU's been a bit overzealous in killing its villains, so an MCU version of the Thunderbolts has a limited roster to call on. Abomination, Ghost, Zemo, Vulture, maybe a couple others.

This was a solid episode. The "Mackie" gag was amusing and Sharon impressively kicked ass. Sam having to explain to Zemo and Bucky where Riga is was a bit weird though. Also, twist ending.

Spoiler

Ayo! It's good to seem them giving more screen time to the most underserved of the Dora Milaje.

The Power Broker better turn out to be Howard the Duck though, unless they were hinting it was actually Sharon herself.

5 minutes ago, Werthead said:

The MCU's been a bit overzealous in killing its villains, so an MCU version of the Thunderbolts has a limited roster to call on. Abomination, Ghost, Zemo, Vulture, maybe a couple others.

This was a solid episode. The "Mackie" gag was amusing and Sharon impressively kicked ass. Sam having to explain to Zemo and Bucky where Riga is was a bit weird though. Also, twist ending.

Hide contents

Ayo! It's good to seem them giving more screen time to the most underserved of the Dora Milaje.

The Power Broker better turn out to be Howard the Duck though, unless they were hinting it was actually Sharon herself.

Bolded - which gag was that?

To your last bit - I'd forgotten they'd named the episode after TPB. Yeah that's the only way I think that choice of name makes sense.

Also leaving her outside to fight a bunch of goons by herself really isn't making amends for her getting fucked over when the rest of them got their pardons.

Spoiler

Pretty fun episode, I liked Zemo a lot, and the chemistry between him, Sam, and Bucky was great. Getting a more backstory dripped in - it seems to me like a lot of the people who survived, moved on and moved up in the world following the snap have been displaced and dispossessed to make room for those who returned by this GRC organisation doing its damnedest to force the world back into the shape it was in pre-snap.

On the other hand there was a lot of "hey let's remind ourselves of that thing that we were both there for" which is very tiring. Also I was very irritated to see the writers just go ahead and character-assassinate the otherwise very sympathetic and reasonable Flagsmashers and their leader by having Karli blow up a building full of people for no reason.

@red snow I agree the phone call was lazy.  It was also unnecessary.  Have someone shoot her out of the blue and then send the text about the bounty on their heads for her death as already seen.  :dunno: 

I also really liked what they did with Zemo.  He had some good psychological interactions with both.  I also liked the line "Only in America is a forward fashioned African American considered a pimp."  :lol: 

I hadn't thought about the possibility of Sharon as the Power Broker, but that really would make a lot of sense.  How she found the scientist when supposedly only the dead bar owner knew.  The wealth of being able to hold a rave amongst all the lost art.  

Archived