HBO Developing The Sea Snake with Bruno Heller, Other Projects

Westeros

Last night (for us here in Sweden, in any case), Deadline added to our knowledge of the projects HBO is actively considering as part of a greater Game of Thrones-universe of successor shows. This appears to bring the total of shows in development to five or six, from what we’ve been told, including work on The Tales of Dunk and Egg, an unspecified animated project, a possible Robert’s Rebellion show (which we still think may be the A Song of Ice and Fire project mentioned by Vince Gerardis’s Startling Inc. website) and the three that follow:

• 9 Voyages, or The Sea Snake, in development with Rome-creator Bruno Heller, which would presumably be predominantly an adventurous series focused on the young Corlys Velaryon’s famous sea voyages.
  • 10,000 Ships, about the flight of the Rhoynar from Essos and their long journey under the leadership of Princess Nymeria. No writers currently attached.
  • Flea Bottom, about the notorious district in King’s Landing. No writers currently attached.

Click for full-sized image

read on >>>

View the full article

(continued from the earlier thread before this new one was made)

• It makes sense to do Corlys Velaryon's voyages, as a "Season Zero" of sorts to House of the Dragon, a direct tie-in.  I actually asked the Corlys Velaryon actor for House of the Dragon Season 1 over Twitter if he's in this and he confirmed he's not, which makes sense giving that it's "the adventures of Young Corlys".  
  • I strongly suspect that "Flea Bottom" may focus on Daemon Targaryen's era, as he created the gold cloaks, and it would also be a direct tie-in to House of the Dragon
  • I strongly suspect that, due to its high budget, the Nymeria pitch is in fact the "animated project" that HBO mentioned last month. But the Corlys one is live-action due to Bruno Heller being attached.

The old videos Elio & Linda did going over potential spinoffs were great. That was almost two years ago though: I really hope you get a chance to do a new video going over the various pitches we've heard of since then:

• House of the Dragon (never got a video like Long Night did)
  • Dunk & Egg
  • Robert's Rebellion
  • 9 Voyages of Corlys Velaryon
  • Nymeria & the 10,000 Ships of the Rhoynar
  • Flea Bottom
  • Doom of Valyria (confirmed by David J. Peterson to be one of the three final pitches out of the original five that advanced to having writers and story bibles, alongside Long Night and Dance of the Dragons - given GRRM said two pitches were from Fire & Blood, presumably the fourth was Targaryen Conquest, but I have no idea what the fifth one was). 

On 3/20/2021 at 9:07 AM, The Dragon Demands said:

Doom of Valyria (confirmed by David J. Peterson to be one of the three final pitches out of the original five that advanced to having writers and story bibles, alongside Long Night and Dance of the Dragons - given GRRM said two pitches were from Fire & Blood, presumably the fourth was Targaryen Conquest, but I have no idea what the fifth one was). 

We're going to have a Doom of Valyria show?! If so, this is very good.

Flea Bottom

What's in Flea Bottom anybody would want to watch?

• House of the Dragon (never got a video like Long Night did)
  • Dunk & Egg
  • Robert's Rebellion
  • 9 Voyages of Corlys Velaryon
  • Nymeria & the 10,000 Ships of the Rhoynar

These shall be interesting.

Flea Bottom with a young Daemon would only make sense if they were to make Daemon hang out in that place before HotD began. Because during the reign of Viserys I Daemon doesn't spend much time there ... especially not if they were to include the Stepstones plot.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

I'm surprised they're not developing or even mentioning the first Blackfyre rebellion as a project.  

Yea. Sounds like something I would watch. But they might make that a TV series as big as they intend HotD to be. I mean, in HotD we can get to meet Viserys and Aegon, and the Blackfyre rebellion series could be something like it has a connection with it, because we literally see our characters grown up, or their descendants in the case of Aegon. I mean, Viserys's short reign wouldn't be a bad start to a Blackfyre Rebellion series. But characters like Baela, Rhaena, Alyn, Daenera could still be around at the beginning of such a story, whom we would know from HotD.

11 hours ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Yea. Sounds like something I would watch. But they might make that a TV series as big as they intend HotD to be. I mean, in HotD we can get to meet Viserys and Aegon, and the Blackfyre rebellion series could be something like it has a connection with it, because we literally see our characters grown up, or their descendants in the case of Aegon. I mean, Viserys's short reign wouldn't be a bad start to a Blackfyre Rebellion series. But characters like Baela, Rhaena, Alyn, Daenera could still be around at the beginning of such a story, whom we would know from HotD.

I'm surprised they went  with HOTD before Blackfyre (that's what imagine that show will be called). Blackfyre would be cheaper to make (no dragons) has sexual and racial politics, a bloody civil war and iconic characters. 

On 4/8/2021 at 1:02 PM, Daeron the Daring said:

Depending on how far HotD goes after the actual Dance, there would be a nice connection between the 2 shows. Starting Blackfyre towards the end of Viserys reign could work. There's a lot they could do with a Blackfyre show, especially if they don't cut out a lot of characters, like GoT did. 

4 hours ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

Depending on how far HotD goes after the actual Dance, there would be a nice connection between the 2 shows. Starting Blackfyre towards the end of Viserys reign could work. There's a lot they could do with a Blackfyre show, especially if they don't cut out a lot of characters, like GoT did. 

They wouldn't really have too much characters to work with. I'd say they would rather have to add characters instead of cutting them out along with their plots and stuff.

Archived