How many of the Vale lords does Baelish really control

Mrstrategy

Some are really in his camp, others go along with his plans because it (seems to) profit them at this point.

Most of the latter aren't controlled by him in any real sense, but rather are under the impression that their interests are aligned or that Littlefinger is helping them rather than the other way around.

Anya Waynwood profits from her arrangements with Littlefinger, for instance, since he is forgiving her debts ... and she doesn't really have to do anything for him aside from allowing Harry to marry Alayne if the boy agrees.

What Littlefinger succeeded at is destroying the alliance of the Lords Declarant in the question that they do not want Littlefinger as Lord Protector of the Vale. But if there is a going to be another conflict this could change very quickly.

7 hours ago, Mrstrategy said:

How many of the Vale lords do Baelish really control with Blackmail,threats,bribes,debts, manipulation, promises.....?

I mean, can I post a Preston Jacobs video , or do I get banned. LOL

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2021 at 6:43 PM, Mrstrategy said:

How many of the Vale lords do Baelish really control with Blackmail,threats,bribes,debts, manipulation, promises.....?

Probably not very many.  Those methods are good for short-term control, but create clients, not allies.  Many are supporting him only because they see it in their short term interests to do so, or feel forced.  Should a viable alternative come along - say, Sansa in alliance with Yohn Royce - they are liable to drop him like a bad habit as soon as they think they can get away with it.  Hopefully off a cliff,  He has control for now - but it is soft - and it's not the kind of support that will have his back, more like stab him in it.

On 3/21/2021 at 8:43 PM, Mrstrategy said:

• Waynwoods - debt is being bought up by LF and an exceedingly large dowry is proffered for Robert Arryn
  • Belmore - LF belles him to be corrupt and it's implied or inferred that LF also bought him off before the Corbray wedding
  • Corbray is offered a staggering dowry to marry a merchant's daughter. Possibly arranged for by LF but not enough to say either way
  • Templeton - is only a landed knight, Pet yr wants to befriend him

Think he has some Grafton / Shett connections too. But realistically that control would seem to be fairly limited to me, not like say Tywin and his vassals or Ned and his vassals.

Archived