Do You see Tyrion Lannister as an overall good or bad character?

Walter White

I like him a lot but i think that was largely infulenced by Peter Dinklage. I do find it amusing when people say Silvertounge deserved death because he blackmailed Tyrion but have no problem with Tyrion blackmailing his own cousin.  He has some postives  too like killing Tywin which might be the best thing anyone's done in the series.

Both. His politics were a force for good. During his small tenure as Hand he showed he cared about the Smallfolk and their worries, and about the kingdom at large. He cared about imprisoning corrupt, violent and murderous police officers, which is better than most politicians in our world. 

But at the same time eh murders people just because it suits him, he rapes, he tortures and he presumably gave purposely bad advice to Aegon just cause, and that bad advice may cause thousands of deaths. 

Currently I think he's becoming more and more """""evil""""" but even when he was 'better' he had still done some pretty bad deeds.

Tyrion's a good guy who had to do bad things. I'd be pretty ticked off if I found my paramour screwing my dad. I might not kill them, but I'd be ticked off. Symon Silvertongue was an arrogant, blackmailing piece of crap and I'm glad he's dead, with Joffrey, Vargo, Balon, Kraznys, need I say more...Tyrion insisted on bringing Penny, instead of leaving her in Volantis, freed her from slavery. He tried to help alleviate hunger in KL, fought valiantly in the Blackwater, saved Lady Catelyn.

6 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Tyrion's a good guy who had to do bad things. I'd be pretty ticked off if I found my paramour screwing my dad. I might not kill them, but I'd be ticked off. Symon Silvertongue was an arrogant, blackmailing piece of crap and I'm glad he's dead, with Joffrey, Vargo, Balon, Kraznys, need I say more...Tyrion insisted on bringing Penny, instead of leaving her in Volantis, freed her from slavery. He tried to help alleviate hunger in KL, fought valiantly in the Blackwater, saved Lady Catelyn.

Would Lancel be justified in Killing Tyrion? 

41 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I think anyone would be ticked off but that doesn't justify murder. 

This is medieval times, and plus, Aegon IV executed Ser Terrence Toyne and Lady Bethany Bracken for sleeping together. Considering what Aegon did to the two of them, I think Tyrion's way was humane. And he had to kill Shae, because she would raise the hue and cry and they would've caught Tyrion, maybe before killing Tywin.

24 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

This is medieval times, and plus, Aegon IV executed Ser Terrence Toyne and Lady Bethany Bracken for sleeping together. Considering what Aegon did to the two of them, I think Tyrion's way was humane. And he had to kill Shae, because she would raise the hue and cry and they would've caught Tyrion, maybe before killing Tywin.

No... she showed no indication of doing that. 

59 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Hmmmm. No, Tyrion didn't really do anything bad to him. 

Tyrion is arrogant and was blackmailing him. Murder is wrong. And forcing people into cannibalism, also wrong.

He also raped a woman, daydreams about raping Cersei and killed his father and lover. Regardless of circumstances, he's not a good guy.

Just now, CamiloRP said:

No... she showed no indication of doing that. 

WHEN Tyrion was there. I bet if Tyrion walked up the stairs, she would've started shouting. But that's personal opinion 

1 minute ago, CamiloRP said:

He also raped a woman, daydreams about raping Cersei and killed his father and lover. Regardless of circumstances, he's not a good guy.

This is not good, yes agreed. I think that Tywin would have killed him if given the perfect chance that would allow him not to be called a kinslayer. 

2 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

And forcing people into cannibalism

He didn't technically "force" them, and I doubt that cannibalism is uncommon in the pot shops. Remember when Cregan Stark came to KL and the younger son of Lord Hornwood disappeared in Flea Bottom? It's not confirmed and we all know that Mushroom cannot always be relied upon, but it shows that it's probably happened before.

26 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

WHEN Tyrion was there. I bet if Tyrion walked up the stairs, she would've started shouting. But that's personal opinion 

It still doesn't excuse murder.

This is not good, yes agreed. I think that Tywin would have killed him if given the perfect chance that would allow him not to be called a kinslayer. 

Still, it doesn't excuse murder, rape or any of the other things.

He didn't technically "force" them,

Yes he did, if you feed someone human meat and tell them it's pidgeon or whatever, you are forcing them into cannibalism without their knowledge.

and I doubt that cannibalism is uncommon in the pot shops. Remember when Cregan Stark came to KL and the younger son of Lord Hornwood disappeared in Flea Bottom? It's not confirmed and we all know that Mushroom cannot always be relied upon, but it shows that it's probably happened before.

It being common (which, even if it happened in the past, it still wouldn't be common) doesn't make it right. Rape is common, so is murder.

14 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

Yes he did, if you feed someone human meat and tell them it's pidgeon or whatever, you are forcing them into cannibalism without their knowledge.

They don't tell people what the meat is anyway. 

14 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

It being common (which, even if it happened in the past, it still wouldn't be common) doesn't make it right. Rape is common, so is murder.

Yes

15 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

Shae effectively betrayed him.

5 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

Ned kills Jared because of some world threatening tradition that the former traitor thought was law. Loras kills his Rainbow brothers. Petyr kills Dontos. Etc.

Shae did betray Tyrion, she colluded the downfall and probable demise of her lover. Like her silvertounged poet before her, she was playing a Game that doesn't take survivors.

Really though, its time for patricide and exile, Shae screaming, or raising her volume a little bit, would have caused Tywins guards to rush the door

11 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

Bronn, the infamous scum henchman of the even more infamous monster hand shows up with "meat". Who the fucks gonna think pigeon?

3 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

he presumably gave purposely bad advice to Aegon just cause, and that bad advice may cause thousands of deaths. 

Its not "just cause" its part of the Game. Now must we debate if any warlord from any feudal society can be a "good guy"? I dont wanna argue that. 

But if we are to put ourselves in Tyrions little shoes, the wars of Westeros arent just current events, theyre his birthright. Hear me roar baby, hear me roar.

2 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

more...Tyrion insisted on bringing Penny, instead of leaving her in Volantis, freed her from slavery. He tried to help alleviate hunger in KL, fought valiantly in the Blackwater, saved Lady Catelyn.

Shword. You left out Jorah too. The cruel man who kidnapped tortured and sought to offer him as a prize to his dragon queen. Tyrion saved him. Even when he was happy that Jorah was going to an abysmal fate, he still saved him. Reasons unknown to him. But not to us, he is at heart, a good man

Tyrion starts the series as an anti-hero. He will end it as an out and out villian. Even George refers to Tyrion as a villian, and it is pretty hard to see him as a good person by the end of Dance. Folks should also give the Tyrion sample chapter a try, where he almost murders Penny for the crime of reminding him of Shae. Needless to say, I do not foresee positive outcomes for Penny. I would even argue that, while he was good at day to day politics in Kings Landing, his intent to do justice was utterly undermined by the fact that his boss was a sadistic boy child who saw murdering smallfolk with his crossbow as a fun sport. It is impossible to do justice and good on behalf of such a king.

8 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

They don't tell people what the meat is anyway. 

Still feeding them people without their knowledge.

Shae effectively betrayed him.

'My GF cheated on me so I murdered her.' Is a pretty common and concerning line of thought in ur world. It's not ok.

10 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

'My GF cheated on me so I murdered her.' Is a pretty common and concerning line of thought in ur world. It's not ok.

That's not the only thing that happened. You are ignoring all that she said during Tyrion's trial. 

Archived