A topic for Taskmaster, the funniest show on television.

polishgenius

Ah yes, I forgot about this thread. Yeah, I pretty much agree with what’s been said. I thought a lot of the tasks this year were either rubbish in conception or a mess in execution. (Propose to Alex? Put face on upside down? Drink squash with mouth open?)

But the camaraderie and personalities were excellent. I was hoping that VCM would be able to take Greg in hand more but even her famous poise generally deserted her when faced with him.

The most memorable task was the one where you buy items with time and throw them at a balloon under a portcullis. Greatest injustice was when Greg decided Alan’s bath film was lame because they deliberately cut to a shot from the crew in the middle which ruined the effect.

• 4 months later...

New season just started. They don't seem to have uploaded it officially to the Taskmaster channel, but ozmartian on youtube seems to have unofficial permission to post loads of British gameshows, including this one:

Anyway really enjoyed it. I wasn't familiar with any of them except Judi Love a little bit and obviously having seen Ardal O'Hanlon as Dougal, but they've got great chemistry. And I was pleasently surprised by Judi, since I hadn't liked her much in panel show appearances, but she worked here. 

I just found out today that the new season had started.  The first episode was fun.  Sophie Duker is my favorite contestant so far.

Can I ask a couple questions about British culture?  If you find something "in a skip", where did you find it?  Do students commonly study French as a second language?

32 minutes ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

I just found out today that the new season had started.  The first episode was fun.  Sophie Duker is my favorite contestant so far.

Can I ask a couple questions about British culture?  If you find something "in a skip", where did you find it?  Do students commonly study French as a second language?

A skip is what someone would have outside their house if they were doing renovation to take away all the crap. 

French in my experience is by far the most common language taught at schools. I'd estimate about 50% do it as a GCSE. 

A skip is basically a dumpster, more or less, though specifically only the big sort you might order temporarily to fill up and be taken away if you're doing house renovations or on building sites that need to clear crap out before/while building, not the regular behind-the-shops-storing-regular-rubbish kind. 

• 3 weeks later...

This latest episode had the best prize task. All 3 house tasks were a lot of fun. Even though the stage task was slightly weak compared to the rest of the episode, I can’t think of a better episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this lot are great. They're not slow to get at each other but it doesn't feel mean-spirited. And there's no dead task-contestants either- Chris is obviously the most competent but unlike some other consistently-getting-it-right contestants in the past he's not just doing the boring obvious thing every time. 

The latest episode had me creasing repeatedly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Taskmaster is back for its 14th season.  The 3-month break flew by.  I didn't really realize that it was gone as Taskmaster NZ showed its 3rd season during that time.

The first episode was hit-and-miss for me.  The prize task was entertaining, but the team task was boring.  I have a feeling that this season will be decent but will fall short of the high standard set by seasons 12 & 13.

• 1 month later...

The season just finished.  It was fun but not great.  Unfortunately, I can't really remember any big highlight moments from this season. 

In the last episode, the escape the caravan task was interesting but pales in comparison to when the New Zealand contestants did it (S02E07).

I'm excited to see Mo Farah compete in the upcoming New Year's Treat.

• 1 month later...

I was finally able to watch the New Year's Treat.  It was enjoyable but not great.  Mo Farah was fun to watch as usual.  I still don't know who Rebecca Lucy Taylor is, but she was also fun.

I skimmed through season 14 recently, and it does have one highlight moment, the task in which they try to have the most fun while playing with a set of red tubes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...