Acrophobia #41 - Unwritten Song Titles (ROUND 1)

Dolorous Gabe

ACROHPOBIA #41 - UNWRITTEN SONG TITLES

Welcome to Game #41 of Acrophobia

In this edition you become copywriter for the bards and songsters of Westeros. They are writing songs about events that don’t yet have songs. We’ll leave the hard work of musicianship and lyricisms to them but offer up our ideas for titles of their new songs.

We’ll have three acronyms of slightly different lengths to choose from. You will create your title from these letters and each word must correspond to the letter as in the sequence. Nothing may be added except for standard punctuation for clarity. The song titles will then be published on the game thread and players will vote for their three favourite titles in order of preference.

As an optional extra you may choose a specific musician from the story for your song title. It could help the other voters understand the perspective of the song based on its title.

ENTRY

Should you wish to sign up to play please send me, your host Dolorous Gabe, a private message titled "Acrophobia #41 - [your board name]" and you will be placed into the lists. I intend to post the first round song assignment early in the week but I will leave time for as many prospective players to see it before publishing the entries.

SCORING

You vote for your favourite three entries in order of preference.

1st place is worth 3 points

2nd place is worth 2 points

3rd place is worth 1 point

You will receive a point for creating an entry and a point for voting.

The player with the highest number of 1st place votes will gain an extra 3 points, 2 points each if there is tie.

For inspiration may I suggest listening to my own versions of The Dornishman’s Wife, The Last of The Giants or The Rains of Castamere. There are links to these in my signature box.

PLAYERS LIST

Julia H.

Lilac & Gooseberries

Castellan

Howlin' Howland

Jez Bell

RhaenysBee

a free shadow

AssHat Ahai

rocksniffer

Fragile Bird

19 hours ago, Castellan said:

Are we waiting for more players?

Well I'm hoping for more players but I hadn't prepared the rounds until tonight. Round 1 assignment is coming up. Hopefully that will trigger some more sign-ups

ROUND 1 ASSIGNMENT

The Wedding of Joffrey Baratheon and Margaery Tyrell

The people of Westeros do not know what occurred on this fateful day. One could easily assume, as an inhabitant of these lands, that the accusations levelled by Cersei that Tyrion was the killer are not unfounded. Would the songsters be true to this interpretation of events? Could there be a singer with different ideas? A conspiracy theory mayhaps?

Use one of the following acronyms to create a song title for a minstrel of your choice. Send your title to me in a private message.

M D T

H I K C

U C N F J

Let's give it a week for new players to see this and join in. Tuesday April 6th at 9pm BST (UK time) but I am willing to extend for more players if necessary

19 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

if we do a parallel philia, is there a chance to summon :ninja:?  

Or do we really have to ask Mel for help?

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh my, wait for meeee!
Crazy times and work and I almost missed this amazing idea! 
signing up too, will be with y’all in a couple days, if you’ll have me :cheers: 

:cheers:

I made a very good entry last night only to discover this morning that I had one of the letters wrong. 

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh my, wait for meeee!
Crazy times and work and I almost missed this amazing idea! 
signing up too, will be with y’all in a couple days, if you’ll have me :cheers: 

Of course! You are most welcome

I'll be leaving round one up a while to allow more possible players to find it.

Do you mean we can use artists from the real world or we can (humourously or not) make up a likely composer in Westeros? I assume Westeros really means Planetos?

Don't take this as a request to use real world composers. I would have to google all the names as I am so out of date.

5 hours ago, Castellan said:

Do you mean we can use artists from the real world or we can (humourously or not) make up a likely composer in Westeros? I assume Westeros really means Planetos?

Don't take this as a request to use real world composers. I would have to google all the names as I am so out of date.

Essentially it's totally open.

I'd like a singer from the world of ice and fire but you can choose real world artists if you wish. Or you can be creative with it, which one player has done quite cleverly.

Archived