Acrophobia #41 - Unwritten Song Titles (ROUND 1)

Dolorous Gabe

ROUND FOUR ASSIGNMENT

Mance Rayder and his forces attack the Wall, Stannis rides to overwhelm them.

The people of Westeros don’t much care for the Night’s Watch these days. At war with each other, catering to this band of ruffians seems counter-productive. But of course Stannis bucked the trend. With Mance uniting his horde to take them south of the Wall away from the icy demons that haunt them, how would a song about this battle go? What perspective could be drawn from this event?

Use one of the following acronyms to create a song title for a minstrel of your choice

O W A M

N T W O G

K I C T L S

Let’s make the initial deadline on Saturday 1st May at 10am UK time. So you have a week.

New voting round coming at some point today. Just awaiting something.

Thanks again for the votes! Try to remember, though, how many times I've led until the last couple of rounds and then lost, lol!

I was thinking about Country and Western songs with Tried Loving Cersei. I hoped you imagined, "He tried loving Cersei and she did him wrong!" or "I tried loving Cersei but she weren't no good! or "and this is what I got!"

Something like that. :lol:

ROUND THREE VOTING

Vote for your FOUR favourite titles about the Viper and Mountain fight in order of preference

1 - Viper's Imploding Melon:  Tyrion's Lament - by Butterbumps

2 - (Dwarf's original) "Regurgitation!" -  sung by the Red Hot Chili Peppers ...to the tune of Californication

3 - Duet - Oberyn's Revenge - by Tyene Sand

4 - The Serpent and His Bite of Poison - by the Sand Snakes

5 - “Venom Is Might!” Temerity Lied - R.A.B

6 - Viper’s irritability mix Tyrion Lannister - by ‘Revenge against the lions’ a Dornish heavy metal, grunge band

7 - Thwarted Sun (Ash Has Blown Over Pompeii) - by a madman who came from the West

8 - The strength at hand breaks Oberyn’s plan - by Patchface

9 - Too soon, alas, he bragged! Oh Prince! - to the tune of The Dornishman’s Wife

I don't know if a 10th entry will come in late.

Deadline at 10am on Saturday 1st May UK time

Bear with me Acrophobes, I'll do the score count today and publish results but I will probably publish the new titles tomorrow so enjoy a little extra time to fine-tune them if needed.

ROUND THREE RESULTS

1 - Viper's Imploding Melon:  Tyrion's Lament - by Butterbumps

Author - Howlin’ Howland

Points - 1+1 +1+1+1+1+1

Total - 7

2 - (Dwarf's original) "Regurgitation!" - sung by the Red Hot Chili Peppers ...to the tune of Californication

Author - rock sniffer

Points - 1+1 +1

Total - 3

3 - Duet - Oberyn's Revenge - by Tyene Sand

Author - Castellan

Points - 1+1 +1

Total - 3

4 - The Serpent and His Bite of Poison - by the Sand Snakes

Author - Julia H.

Points - 1+1 +3+2+1+3+2+3+1 +2

Total - 19

5 - “Venom Is Might!” Temerity Lied - R.A.B

Author - RhaenysBee

Points - 1+1 +1

Total - 3

6 - Viper’s irritability mix Tyrion Lannister - by ‘Revenge against the lions’ a Dornish heavy metal, grunge band

Author - Lilac & Gooseberries

Points - 1+1 +1

Total - 3

7 - Thwarted Sun (Ash Has Blown Over Pompeii) - by a madman who came from the West

Author - a free shadow

Points - 1+1 +1+1+1+3+1+1

Total - 10

8 - The strength at hand breaks Oberyn’s plan - by Patchface

Author - AssHat Ahai

Points - 1+1 +3+3+2+2+1+1+2

Total - 16

9 - Too soon, alas, he bragged! Oh Prince! - to the tune of The Dornishman’s Wife

Author - Fragile Bird

Points - 1+1 +2+2+3+2+3+2+3 +2

Total - 21

1 Fragile Bird  37 + 21 + 5 = 63

2 AssHat Ahai  28 + 16 + 5 = 49

3 Julia H.  20 + 19 + 5 = 44

4 Castellan  30 + 3 + 5 = 38

5 RhaenysBee  26 + 3 + 5 = 34

6 a free shadow  18 + 10 + 5 = 33

7 Howlin’ Howland  20 + 7 + 5 = 32

8 rocksniffer  18 + 3 + 5 = 26

9 Lilac & Gooseberries  17 + 3 + 5 = 25

9 Jez Bell  25

Please check my tallies in case I made any mistakes

ROUND FIVE ASSIGNMENT

Wyman Manderly’s Revenge

A bit of forecasting here, as we don’t know everything that happens yet, but a song could be written about numerous points during his revenge plot. It could tell the entire story from White Harbour’s machinations through to the gruesome revelations at Winterfell. From a future vantage point, how would a songster tell this story and from what perspective?

Use one of the following acronyms to create a song title for a minstrel of your choice

F W L

T H R H

A D N O S

Deadline at 10am on Sunday 9th May UK time

R4 titles to be published tomorrow

That could have gone any way, my friends! I looked at that list and thought #4 and #8 are going to be tops! I loved both to bits and would have had them tied for first if I could!

Don’t worry, I am old and weak and you young wolves will nip at my heels and...and...something, something will happen.

:o  :P  :bawl:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

That could have gone any way, my friends! I looked at that list and thought #4 and #8 are going to be tops! I loved both to bits and would have had them tied for first if I could!

Don’t worry, I am old and weak and you young wolves will nip at my heels and...and...something, something will happen.

:o  :P  :bawl:

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you. That was my best shot, I can’t do any better. You and Julia were just too good. I was also a bit jealous of how well 7 worked in the machinations of Sunspear. I tried, but couldn’t come up with a cryptic way to refer to the Martells and ended up just crassly using Oberyn’s name. That was a bit out of character for Patchface.

8 minutes ago, AssHat Ahai said:

Thank you. That was my best shot, I can’t do any better. You and Julia were just too good. I was also a bit jealous of how well 7 worked in the machinations of Sunspear. I tried, but couldn’t come up with a cryptic way to refer to the Martells and ended up just crassly using Oberyn’s name. That was a bit out of character for Patchface.

Oh yes, not to take away from the others, that was a wonderful round! But those were my favorites, and I thought mine might not be appealing. I tried some viper and snake entries but they weren’t very good. I eventually came up with “Oh, Prince!” and tried to create a lament to go with it.

And I keep meaning to find the Leftovers thread. :) 

Archived