Sign in to follow this  
Yngve

Game of Thrones LARGE promo throne?

Has anyone ever seen one of these? My friend's wife got this about a year ago from a store that had it on display. It is made of cardboard and wood and is made to be sat on. I did a bit of Googling but couldn't find anything like it. As far as I know, it is a promo item, not a custom. 

https://imgur.com/a/OI7CgzB

Posted (edited)

Never seen one. Probably something made by or for a retailer or foreign network that had rights to the show, rather than by HBO themselves.

Edited by Ran

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Never seen one. Probably something made by or for a retailer or foreign network that had rights to the show, rather than by HBO themselves.

Thanks. Just found this, it is a Walmart promo, which is where this one is from. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, she asked for it and they gave it to her for free! 

https://hoodcontainer.com/game-of-thrones-walmart-wow-display-2020-shop-gold-oma-award/

3 minutes ago, Yngve said:

Thanks. Just found this, it is a Walmart promo, which is where this one is from. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, she asked for it and they gave it to her for free!

Cool. These sort of promotional items for big box retailers and strea,ers were common on both sides of the Atlantic, though this one is better than some of the others I've seen. We received a sample of one from some UK streaming service whose name I forget, which was more portable -- made of foam latex that you'd velcro onto the back of a regular chair and so on.