Bran, the Lord of the Dark

7 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Bran is the Sauron of the series.  

And I wonder what Dany is... 

3 hours ago, Son of Man said:

The "north remembers" is a sinister saying.  It means the north never forget a wrong.  They do what it takes to get back at the enemies.  This is the culture, the milieu, which produced the Starks.  Bran will fight to avenge his family regardless of the collateral damage.  I just hope he doesn't get very far and he and his tree are burned down to the roots.

Blah blah blah. Fire and Blood. Unbowed bent some crap. Feudal crap. Can't compare turds. Have to live with it. Not as if the Targs are democrats 

9 hours ago, Crona said:

Umm actually it’s both Starks and Martells

Nope. The Starks story is about overcoming the temptation of vengeance. The Martells, being fairly minor characters, show the negative consequences of seeking vengeance. The Starks, the main protagonists, will ultimately resist the false promise of revenge that Doran and Oberyn and the Sand Snakes fall victim to.

1 hour ago, LynnS said:

I have to go with Euron on that parallel.  The original sigil in the wiki was a slitted eye, now it's the blood eye.

Not to mention, Euron is already presented as a full out and out psychotic monter. Bran is not. There is no buildup for Bran being the main villian of series. George is many things, but a bad fanfic writer he is not.

On 4/4/2021 at 9:58 PM, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Bran has begun to prefer the dark. He likes to watch without being seen.  He is bound to the weirwood tree.  Bran will be strong during the long night because some of the strongest trees grow in the dark.  I presume human blood keeps them alive without the need for photosynthesis.   

In my last topic, "Daenerys is Azor Ahai Reborn," I said Daenerys is the Maiden-Made-Of-Light.  I am now saying the Lion of Night is Bran.  Time is circular and history repeats but not exactly.  Bran is the Wolf of the Night.  Daenerys is Azor Ahai. 

Bran will control the wights and send them to destroy the people who opposed the Starks.  The Red Wedding and Jon's execution could be seen as betrayals from the eyes of a Stark.  This is the blood betrayal all over again from Bran's perspective.  The Lion of the Night's reaction to the blood betrayal was extreme and almost childish.  To send minions which could destroy all life because of a betrayal is extreme and reckless.  It is what an angry child would do.  The Others and the wights have not attacked the Wall.  They may not have the magic to breach the Wall.  Bran will let them in.

Daenerys saw the red wedding in one of her moments at the House Of The Undying.  Robb's corpse was pleading for justice.  It is important for her to see this, so she will know the reason for Bran setting the wights against Westeros.  A treaty will surely involve turning over some Stark enemies to relieve Bran's rage. 

Bran is the dark prince.  He will hold Westeros in his grip during the reign of darkness.  But the dark will give way to light and Bran too will meet his end.  Presumably by dragonfire.  

Bran has begun to prefer the dark. He likes to watch without being seen.  He is bound to the weirwood tree.  Bran will be strong during the long night because some of the strongest trees grow in the dark.  I presume human blood keeps them alive without the need for photosynthesis.   

In my last topic, "Daenerys is Azor Ahai Reborn," I said Daenerys is the Maiden-Made-Of-Light.  I am now saying the Lion of Night is Bran.  Time is circular and history repeats but not exactly.  Bran is the Wolf of the Night.  Daenerys is Azor Ahai. 

Bran will control the wights and send them to destroy the people who opposed the Starks.  The Red Wedding and Jon's execution could be seen as betrayals from the eyes of a Stark.  This is the blood betrayal all over again from Bran's perspective.  The Lion of the Night's reaction to the blood betrayal was extreme and almost childish.  To send minions which could destroy all life because of a betrayal is extreme and reckless.  It is what an angry child would do.  The Others and the wights have not attacked the Wall.  They may not have the magic to breach the Wall.  Bran will let them in.

Daenerys saw the red wedding in one of her moments at the House Of The Undying.  Robb's corpse was pleading for justice.  It is important for her to see this, so she will know the reason for Bran setting the wights against Westeros.  A treaty will surely involve turning over some Stark enemies to relieve Bran's rage. 

Wolves howl at the moon.  I can believe this happening.  Bran is the Night and Dany is the Day.  Dany's arrival in Westeros will see the ice melting to give way to spring.

If Bran is this champion of darkness and winter alleged in this thread, why did Bran (i.e. GRRM) name his wolf Summer? Why not something cold, winter or darkness related instead of the warm light of Summer. 

Bran will oppose the Long Night. 

3 hours ago, Davjos said:

If Bran is this champion of darkness and winter alleged in this thread, why did Bran (i.e. GRRM) name his wolf Summer? Why not something cold, winter or darkness related instead of the warm light of Summer. 

Summer will die.  Bran will be the lord of the dark. 

13 hours ago, Davjos said:

:agree: Bran is one of the two characters who will bring the summer,the hero who along with the other hero, Jon, will enlighten the Westerosi people. They are those who don’t want to lead and that is why they will lead.

Bran will know who pushed him from the tower as well as the reason.  That moment will be the tipping point when he goes bad. 

Dany is the dayman, fighter of the nightman, champion of the sun, but Bran can't be no nightman.

Melisandre sees him and identifies him as an agent of the great other. Right there is all the proof that Bran isn't an agent of the other (or the great other himself) that I need.  She just don't see straight. I'm not going to dispute that she sees things in her flames, she does.  That doesn't mean that there's a Rh'llor or  great other any more than successful CPR proves that there's a drowned god and a storm god. This whole 'us and them' lens she's seeing though is based on a faulty premise and she's assigning roles based upon that mistake. I'll believe that Bran is the great other when it's conclusively demonstrated that Stannis is Azor Ahai.

On 4/11/2021 at 12:48 AM, TheLastWolf said:

And I wonder what Dany is... 

While, I doubt it will happen I always thought Bran and Jon going dark would be a much better villain turn than Dany going mad.  As they described let Martin's Frodo (Bran) become Martin's Sauron, while Martin's Aragorn (Jon) become Martin's Witch King.  Have so after Mel performs her sacrifice to awaken Jon that he turns to her with the bright Blue eyes of the Others as the Night King reborn.

3 hours ago, Minsc said:

While, I doubt it will happen I always thought Bran and Jon going dark would be a much better villain turn than Dany going mad.  As they described let Martin's Frodo (Bran) become Martin's Sauron, while Martin's Aragorn (Jon) become Martin's Witch King.  Have so after Mel performs her sacrifice to awaken Jon that he turns to her with the bright Blue eyes of the Others as the Night King reborn.

A2D! 

On 4/10/2021 at 10:56 PM, Crona said:

Umm actually it’s both Starks and Martells

Some in both families obsess over revenge.  Oberyn's daughters in the Martell clan want revenge.  Arya will proceed with her list, Jon will come back crazy for blood, and Bran will use his skinchange powers to force the wights to attack Westeros. 

On 4/12/2021 at 4:10 AM, Quoth the raven, said:

The Sand Snakes are not as bad as Arya.  I say the Starks are worse.  

And Arya is not all Starks. When did it become fashionable to throw an entire family into one category because of a single family member? Isn't that something GRRM specifically is against in these books?

Should we declare the Sand Snakes and Martells as enlightened because Ellaria understands the stupidity of revenge? No. Because that would be stupid seeing as it's only Ellaria who gets it.

On 4/5/2021 at 9:49 PM, Fool Stands On Giant’s Toe said:

Bran has yet to make a move on his own. He has been carried and guided throughout the story. When or if he gains his own autonomy of choice, we’ll then have an accurate way to judge who he is or isn’t 

Bran has autonomy.  He had that autonomy when Mom and Pop met their demise at the hands of the Lannisters.  Bran is on the dark path.  He is much less violent when compare to Jon and Arya.  He's not brutal like they are.  But that will change when his loved ones die one by one.  They will be a pack of wolves in the end but Bran is rather special.  His body will not truly die, unlike Jon's, Arya's and Sansa's.  His consciousness can continue living within the weirwood net and still connect with the other Starks even after they have become direwolves.  

Darkness is not the big bad. Bran is in the darkness, but the important bit is that he's underground. This is the natural way life survives winter - above ground appears lifeless, but the roots are still alive, and animals in burrows and similar. It's shown in the books too with ideas like Mole's Town (irrc).  The clincher is that the Children use fire - and fire is life.

On 4/13/2021 at 9:57 AM, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

Bran will know who pushed him from the tower as well as the reason.  That moment will be the tipping point when he goes bad. 

This could when combined with Summer's death.  I believe Summer's death should be the nudge for Bran to go dark.  Just the wolf's name, Summer, would seem to signify his role in Bran's life.  His passing is the  end of summer for Bran when the boy fully embraces the cold, death, and darkness.

Archived