Bran, the Lord of the Dark

On 4/11/2021 at 5:44 AM, Nathan Stark said:

Nope. The Starks story is about overcoming the temptation of vengeance. The Martells, being fairly minor characters, show the negative consequences of seeking vengeance. The Starks, the main protagonists, will ultimately resist the false promise of revenge that Doran and Oberyn and the Sand Snakes fall victim to.

I actually think the Martells are more justified. Doran’s sister was raped and murdered, her son’s smashed and daughter stabbed multiple times. They did not receive any type of justice until Oberyn pointed out Gegor and killed him. But Lannisters have not still declared that it was Tywin, Gregor and Lorch committed these crimes. And do they really know that Gregor is dead? You say they play a minor role, but that doesn’t mean their storyline would not receive justice. George has said that the minor characters are important to the storyline.

Edit: went off topic, but what I am saying that both families have members that want vengeance. And vengeance is not wrong if justified. 

• 2 weeks later...

The passing of his wolf as well as the deaths of his siblings are enough to mess him up.  But there is also comfort in knowing they will live on in their wolves.  They will no longer be humans but it's just a transition to another species.  Bran, Jon, Rickon, and Arya will literally become a pack of direwolves.  Sansa and Robb will be MIA.

On 4/4/2021 at 9:58 PM, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Bran has begun to prefer the dark. He likes to watch without being seen.  He is bound to the weirwood tree.  Bran will be strong during the long night because some of the strongest trees grow in the dark.  I presume human blood keeps them alive without the need for photosynthesis.   

In my last topic, "Daenerys is Azor Ahai Reborn," I said Daenerys is the Maiden-Made-Of-Light.  I am now saying the Lion of Night is Bran.  Time is circular and history repeats but not exactly.  Bran is the Wolf of the Night.  Daenerys is Azor Ahai. 

Bran will control the wights and send them to destroy the people who opposed the Starks.  The Red Wedding and Jon's execution could be seen as betrayals from the eyes of a Stark.  This is the blood betrayal all over again from Bran's perspective.  The Lion of the Night's reaction to the blood betrayal was extreme and almost childish.  To send minions which could destroy all life because of a betrayal is extreme and reckless.  It is what an angry child would do.  The Others and the wights have not attacked the Wall.  They may not have the magic to breach the Wall.  Bran will let them in.

Daenerys saw the red wedding in one of her moments at the House Of The Undying.  Robb's corpse was pleading for justice.  It is important for her to see this, so she will know the reason for Bran setting the wights against Westeros.  A treaty will surely involve turning over some Stark enemies to relieve Bran's rage. 

Bran, Jon, and Arya will usher in the age of ice and darkness.  Revenge will be the motivation behind it.  But leave it to George to put a plot together so that many of the Stark's fans will continue to defend them and take their side.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived