Public Figures Satirized as Genre Characters: eg. Ten Rules for Life, By Red Skull

SpaceChampion

34 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I guess in your world it’s pretty much impossible to separate the two, so I’m just going to assume you do think Peterson is a Nazi, but that it’s ok because he’s in another dimension guarding an infinity stone... or something 

What, separate out "Red Skull" and "Nazi"? Yeah, in my world it's pretty difficult to separate those. Are you saying Red Skull isn't a Nazi?

Jordan Peterson might well be a bit of a charleton, who talks in funny language to disguise that fact that he’s really just making simplistic points.

But the real reason Peterson is as famous as he is, is because left wing media continuously misrepresents him. It was the Cathy Newman interview that really made his popularity blow up, which was a fantastic case of old media thinking they can set the narrative.. but getting it spectacularly wrong. Everyone saw through that facade.

Then every time someone on the left try to compare him to a Nazi, or say he’s rascist or transphobic or something really all they are doing is showing their own levels of ignorance.

This is just another bizarre case of it. If Captain America is famous for punching Hitler, why is the target of that propaganda now ‘some guy off the internet’. ? Shouldn’t it Putin or something? What kind of weak political commmentary is this? Why not have Pewdipie ( probably far more of a Nazi btw)  driving a doom robot or something if you are stopping to that level of silliness and irrelevance.

And that is outside of the idea that Coates genuinely believes Jordan Peterson can justifiably be compared to a Nazi, which is really pretty bonkers for any serious political commentator to do quite frankly.

3 minutes ago, The Red Skull said:

If thats the case why does Peterson talk like a famous fictional nazi?

More importantly, why does the Red Skull sound like the Red Skull?

1 minute ago, Heartofice said:

Seems like Peterson sees the funny side anyway 

Actually funny! Though, that said, his whole lobster nonsense is the most obvious tell that he turned into a self-help pop psychology grifter.

The funniest part of all this how absolutely idiotic Peterson and his self absorbed acolytes are. He gets on Twitter and says "Do I really live in a universe where Ta-Nehisi Coates has written a Captain America comic featuring a parody of my ideas as part of the philosophy of the arch villain Red Skull? "

He immediately takes ownership of the ideas he claims are being parodied, voices some sort of faux indignation that his ideas (which are or are not being parodied) are being espoused by the Red Skull, and them immediately starts pumping out Red Skull memes. And his pathetic followers are eating it up. 

What a world. 

5 minutes ago, Relic said:

The funniest part of all this how absolutely idiotic Peterson and his self absorbed acolytes are. He gets on Twitter and says "Do I really live in a universe where Ta-Nehisi Coates has written a Captain America comic featuring a parody of my ideas as part of the philosophy of the arch villain Red Skull? "

He immediately takes ownership of the ideas he claims are being parodied, voices some sort of faux indignation that his ideas (which are or are not being parodied) are being espoused by the Red Skull, and them immediately starts pumping out Red Skull memes. And his pathetic followers are eating it up. 

What a world. 

What a world indeed. Though really from what I can see happened was that someone posted to Peterson that Coates for some bizarre reason was making reference to Peterson in a Captain America comic, which is really the most insane part of all this.

That Peterson then decided the best thing to do was to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation is a good thing, owning the joke instead of getting annoyed at it is surely the best approach 

5 minutes ago, Relic said:

What a world. 

Agreed. It basically shows the completely vapid nature of much online discourse that everything can just be turned into memes and we're done with it within a single news cycle.

3 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

What a world indeed. Though really from what I can see happened was that someone posted to Peterson that Coates for some bizarre reason was making reference to Peterson in a Captain America comic, which is really the most insane part of all this.

That Peterson then decided the best thing to do was to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation is a good thing, owning the joke instead of getting annoyed at it is surely the best approach 

If there was anything original about Peterson and his ideology maybe he would have a reason to think HE himself is being parodied. Since there is exactly 0% original thought in any of the bullshit he spews, the only explanation for why he thinks the comic references him is tiny penis size and massive narcissism. Pretty much the same problem all of his acolytes suffer from.  

6 minutes ago, Relic said:

If there was anything original about Peterson and his ideology maybe he would have a reason to think HE himself is being parodied. Since there is exactly 0% original thought in any of the bullshit he spews, the only explanation for why he thinks the comic references him is tiny penis size and massive narcissism. Pretty much the same problem all of his acolytes suffer from.  

Hang on, clearly Coates thinks Peterson is relevant enough that he needs to insert attacks on him into a Captain America comic. 

That’s the real issue here, Coates seems to imagine Peterson is so relevant that he needs to bring him down via the medium of badly written comic parody

Peterson wouldn’t ever be all that relevant if it wasn’t for poorly aimed attacks like this, that’s what is so funny about it, nobody would have ever heard about him expect for when people make him out to be the bogeyman

That's pretty much the opposite of what I said. Peterson thinks he's original enough to believe that he's being parodied. When, in reality, you can attribute the Red Skull depiction in this comic to a thousand other dipshits. 

Just now, Karlbear said:

Weird - why is the red skull saying things Jordan Peterson said on the Twitter account of Jordan Peterson? 

Peterson and his massive, yet paradoxically insecure, ego are masturbating to this influx of attention. Of that there is no doubt. He's probably jerking off as we type. 

3 minutes ago, Relic said:

That's pretty much the opposite of what I said. Peterson thinks he's original enough to believe that he's being parodied. When, in reality, you can attribute the Red Skull depiction in this comic to a thousand other dipshits. 

Yeah. From context, it's clear that Coates' target is not Peterson as an individual, but as an exemplar of the process by which young white men can become radicalised into extremist ideologies.

4 minutes ago, Relic said:

The comic literally mentions his book title

Archived