DCEU: Enter the Snyderverse

Rhom

1 hour ago, Myrddin said:

Age of Apocalypse would be a fun storyline to adapt for the MCU.

18 minutes ago, briantw said:

That's definitely a direction that I'd expect them to go in once they inevitably introduce the X-Men, probably in this next phase.

Nah. Gotta do Dark Phoenix...

:leaving: 

16 hours ago, polishgenius said:

DC should just pretend Snyder's shitty Darkseid bullshit never happened and adapt Rock of Ages into a feature film

They made that movie already

17 hours ago, Rhom said:

Nah. Gotta do Dark Phoenix...:leaving: 

When they do eventually do this again ten years from now I really hope they make it a Disney+ series and let it breathe. 

23 hours ago, RumHam said:

When they do eventually do this again ten years from now I really hope they make it a Disney+ series and let it breathe. 

At this point it seems like the joke has gone on long enough that this thread is now starting to feel like a "Comic book cinematic universes" thread.

• 5 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

So, "Gotham" where they can actually have Batman?

Actually they were already doing a Gotham PD spinoff. I see now Terrance Winter left over "creative differences." (hopefully he'll take David Chase up on his offer of making another Sopranos prequel.)

Whether Batman appears in either of these shows if they make it to air is up to Patterson, I'd guess. 

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

(hopefully he'll take David Chase up on his offer of making another Sopranos prequel.)

Chase is presently pretty pissed off at The Many Saints of Newark being released to streaming at the same time as it hits theaters, so much so that he says that had he known that would have happened he wouldn't have made it. So I fear this is unlikely to happen any time soon.

45 minutes ago, Ran said:

Chase is presently pretty pissed off at The Many Saints of Newark being released to streaming at the same time as it hits theaters, so much so that he says that had he known that would have happened he wouldn't have made it. So I fear this is unlikely to happen any time soon.

Yeah but it's at the end of that same interview where he complained about HBO max that he suggested he'd consider doing another if Winter came on board.

CHASE: And now that they’ve seen the movie and they really like it, they don’t talk about it anymore. But there’s only one way that I would do it, and that was if Terry and I could write the script together. That I would do.

Winter has since said he'd do it in a heartbeat. I bet "don't put it on streaming for X days" would be part of any contract. So I remain hopeful.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks great to me. Visually they've nailed the Batman noirish theatricality that I like that Nolan just didn't go for at all, and the premise and delivery fits the vibe. 

Also got a teaser scene from Black Adam:

And an early preview for Shazam 2, which is disappointingly skipping Mister Mind as a villain but instead has Lucy Liu and Helen Mirren so that's entirely forgiveable, and also has clearly been given a massive budget boost. Won't be out till 2023 though.

Funny, the Vimeo is available in 4k... and is on Matt Reeves's personal Vimeo, because the official release is on Youtube and it's only 1080p and apparently he did not agree with that. Heh.

Colin Farrell is completely unrecognisable as the Penguin. It is good that he was sensible and agreed to the fatsuit since his method thing of dropping and gaining weight in the past resulted in some health problems he took a while to get over.

The trailer's okay, and it seems to be going for a less epic, more down-to-earth vibe than Nolan, which is great as we don't need that again. I'm not really feeling Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman though. And I'm not sure if I'm just way too Batmanned-out at the moment to get excited about another version. As least it doesn't seem to be an origin story, as such.

Archived