Football: (Sky-)blue raindrops over a Red parade?

A Horse Named Stranger

So will Klopp and his team have their post covid parade for last season's league title or not? That question has not been addressed properly thus far.

Ok, in actual footballing news.

Gladbach have also announced their new manager for next season.

Adi Hütter will leave Frankfurt at the end of the season. So he will sign from a team that will presumably play CL qualification to join Gladbach, who will most certainly not be in the CL next season.

Background: I mentioned in one of the previous threads, that Frankfurt's DoF Bobic wants to leave for Hertha (Berlin). Frankfurt are reluctant to let him go. And Hütter would've liked to know, who will be his superior next season. Frankfurt don't seem to be able to solve that chaos, and now Frankfurt are in a somewhat chaotic situation, with their DoF being halfway out of the door, their manager now officially leaving, and to make matters worse, their Sporting Director (Hübner) is retiring after 10 years on the job. So that looks like a complete omnishambles in the making.

At Bayern Flick is back in his "bitch fight" with Salihamidzic, which has renewed speculations about Flick leaving for the Germany post. At the same time, Salihamidzic is facing some unpleasent questions. Apart from Flick complaining, that the squad has been weaker this year, and him not getting the players he wanted (Flick wanted a RB last winter (Dodo or Henrichs, he got Odriozola on loan; he wanted Drest, he got Bouma Sarr, last year he wanted another winger CHO, and he got Douglas Costa on loan from Juve) , Alaba and Thiago also had some words regarding a lack of respect shown to them by Salihamidzic. Fair chance one of them will be leaving Bayern at the end of the season.

@A Horse Named Stranger While I do very much respect German football in general and German people's love of football, I must admit Bundesliga never caught my attention in the way Premier League has. I mean, I'll catch an occasional Bayern vs Dortmund game, or teams that Serbian players are playing for, or German teams in Champions League etc. but I never followed the league in general. It's probably because of Bayern's domination or just because Premier League got to me first.

Bayern lucky to be one goal up but it does make the 2nd half interesting now. Hard to see Bayern keeping a clean sheet here though. PSG have looked very dangerous on the counter again and could easily have had 2 or 3 goals in that half.

Kinda reversal of the first leg, where Bayern should've shot PSG out of the stadium. Here PSG had plenty chances to put that tie to rest and Bayern are somewhat surprisingly in the lead.

And Chelsea will simply see this tie out. They will just happily sit on their 2-0 from the first leg.

6 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Funny how both teams that lose 1-0 advance.

Pochettino once again in the semis, and may face Guardiola again.

And both lost 2nd legs at 'home' and still advance. Doubt that happens that often. 

19 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

I wonder if Klopp is going to sabotage what little chance we have by playing Firmino?

FFS.

I would be absolutely fine if we let Klopp go in the summer. We've gone completely to shit and he isn't helping with his idiotic loyalty toward players he likes.

Archived