Football: (Sky-)blue raindrops over a Red parade?

A Horse Named Stranger

In other news.

Dortmund are being presented with a golden opportunity to keep their top four hopes alive tomorrow.

Gladbach is picking off Frankfurt, and Bayern may or may not win against Wolfsburg. Their offense is working again, their defense not so much. Let's see if they punish Leipzig's slip up yesterday and restore order in the Bundesliga.

8 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

And here you seemed like such a nice bloke..

Hey, VDB is a fine player, he just can't pass forwards.

9 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I assume you two mean Aarons, doesn't he have a long term contract (till '24?)

Nah, Buendia, aka the Argentine Cazorla.

Max Aarons is good too though. Norwich evidently have an excellent academy-and-scouting system.

I suspect they'll look to sell one player for a good price to fund a squad fill-in. Most likely Aarons as being English he may get a little price-boost, but at the same time gifted English right-backs are not a rareified comodity so that might count against that plan. 

23 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Fernandinho is the only player in the league who can commit 2-3 yellow card worthy offences every single week but hardly ever gets booked. And he's been doing it for years. 

I never really complain about this sort of thing coz Gary Neville played for us for years and we had the shithouse king Ander Herrera until a short while ago.

But it is infuriating when opponents do it.

Good performance from Chelsea. They neutralised City very effectively and countered well. Tuchel has made a huge difference as far as defensive organisation goes - Chelsea are compact and very difficult to break down now whereas they were a soft touch under Lampard.

4 hours ago, Consigliere said:

So Flick has just announced his intention to leave Bayern at the end of the season. I assume Nagelsmann will be the top target to replace him? 

Yep. Nagelsmann has to top their list, altho, I wouldn't be surprised if they also asked Tuchel how he'd like to be their next manager. I'd also give a small chance to Kohfehldt and Streich.

I mean Guardiola recommended Tuchel as his successor back in the day.

As for Bayern, looks like Salihamidzic won that power struggle.

Archived