Fabien Frankel Cast as Criston Cole

Westeros

If Criston has a Dornish background in the show we can expect him not turning out to be a 'champion of sacred Andals laws' or other such crap ... but his beef with Rhaenyra being strictly personal as it should be.

After all, for somebody with Dornish roots the Dornish laws of succession shouldn't be that big of a deal.

And it is not that Criston Cole refused to serve a king who made a woman his Heir Apparent. Instead he greatly enjoyed serving this woman as sworn shield for years. Which means his motives in the books should be more or less the same.

Not to mention that Criston as a commoner with Dornish roots could also be true for the books. We have no idea about the origins of the Coles who served the Dondarrions as stewards.

3 minutes ago, Sotan said:

High Tide should look better, being made of the same stone as the Eyrie. But they could use lots of CGI.

7 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

High Tide should look better, being made of the same stone as the Eyrie. But they could use lots of CGI.

Castles will be CGI heavy, hopefully they look better than Casterly Rock and High Garden. I don't know what that shit was. 

2 minutes ago, Sotan said:

Castles will be CGI heavy, hopefully they look better than Casterly Rock and High Garden. I don't know what that shit was. 

If they show them again, they should remade them from scratch.

If they have High Tide in the show, they better should announce soon that Laena and Laenor made it into the cast ... else I'm starting to consider whether I should really watch that thing.

2 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

If they show them again, they should remade them from scratch.

If they have High Tide in the show, they better should announce soon that Laena and Laenor made it into the cast ... else I'm starting to consider whether I should really watch that thing.

RIGHT?! They better have the Velaryon siblings, especially considering the time period the show starts in. How disappointing would that be? 

Bit of a difference from "stylized dragon/wolf" to "completely different type of animal", though. There's no GoT artwork where a dragon doesn't look like some sort of dragon, or a wolf like some sort of wolf. The seahorse shown in the photo does not look at all like the actual animal species, because it's intended to be a mythical, heraldic seahorse -- half horse, half fish -- and not the actual animal GRRM intended.

19 minutes ago, zionius said:

Is the sea lion on House Manning sigil also intended to be a real sea lion?

We went with the heraldic and George didn't say otherwise. It was our habit to let him know whenever we had new shields up, and he would either comment with approvals and niggles, or he just wouldn't say much of anything (either because he was busy or had nothing to add), so... we don't know what he actually intended, per se, but if he looked at it and chose not to say anything, I guess it's the heraldic. But that's a big "if".

7 hours ago, Ran said:

We went with the heraldic and George didn't say otherwise. It was our habit to let him know whenever we had new shields up, and he would either comment with approvals and niggles, or he just wouldn't say much of anything (either because he was busy or had nothing to add), so... we don't know what he actually intended, per se, but if he looked at it and chose not to say anything, I guess it's the heraldic. But that's a big "if".

Actually, I searched some old files and discovered that in fact we had originally done it with an actual sealion rather than a heraldic, and George corrected us. That was in 2000.

Archived