LuxCon / Eurocon 2022 April 7-10

LuxCon won the bid for Eurocon 2022 and it is planned for April 7, 2022 April 10, 2022.

http://luxcon.lu/ 

The people behind LuxCon are very good at running multi-language cons and I believe that they will organize a great Eurocon.

Information is still limited at this point because of the current situation. This information is from the facebook page of the event.

LuxCon's ninth edition, the 2022 European Science Fiction Convention (EuroCon), continues to offer the opportunity to celebrate Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror in Culture. We're hoping to be able to run this event under close to normal conditions, but will aim to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.

La neuvième edition du festival de l'imaginaire, la convention européenne de science-fiction 2022, nous permets de célébrer les cultures de la science-fiction, fantasy et l'horreur. On espère pouvoir organiser l'événement dans des conditions aussi près que possible du normal mais le but est de garder tout le monde aussi sain et sauf que possible.

Die neunte Ausgabe des Fantastikfestivals, die 2022er EuroCon, feiert weiterhin die Science Fiction, Fantasy und Horror Kulturen. Wir werden versuchen die Veranstaltung unter den normalst möglichen Bedingungen über die Bühne zu bringen, mit dem Ziele jeden so sicher und gesund wie möglich zu halten.

Opening hours:
Thursday 7/04
Friday 8/04
Saturday 9/04
Sunday 10/04

Tickets
TBA €/day
TBA €/weekend
free for under-12s

FAQ: coming soon

Volunteer Registration Form: coming soon

Vendor, Caterer, Exhibitor, Presenter, etc. registration: coming soon

Organised by Science Fiction & Fantasy Society Luxembourg

I plan to attend it if travel is safe again by that point.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Oh, that sounds cool. Never been to Luxembourg.

There is not much to see there ;-).

I wonder when anything significant (outside the tax evasion department) is going to transpire in Liechtenstein.

16 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

There is not much to see there ;-).

I expect to be there!

And I'm going to disagree with the comment above. It's small, but it's a very pretty town. Also, the fans who run the convention are hugely friendly and enthusiastic. The CosPlays are second to none and LuxCon is VERY well attended -- several thousand people a day at least.

They usually have a great games section too, as well as medieval reenactors in full armour staging brawls.

Recommended. 

11 minutes ago, Peadar said:

I expect to be there!

And I'm going to disagree with the comment above. It's small, but it's a very pretty town. Also, the fans who run the convention are hugely friendly and enthusiastic. The CosPlays are second to none and LuxCon is VERY well attended -- several thousand people a day at least.

They usually have a great games section too, as well as medieval reenactors in full armour staging brawls.

Recommended. 

Luxemburg is indeed a very pretty town and the countryside is also beautiful.

They keep inviting you because you are an awesome guest! 

1 hour ago, Peadar said:

I expect to be there!

Recommended. 

Of course, I was just joking about the size of the country, not the city, or the people living there or anything like that. I've been there, too, although not all that often.

1 hour ago, Lord Varys said:

Of course, I was just joking about the size of the country, not the city, or the people living there or anything like that. I've been there, too, although not all that often.

I figured, but didn't want anybody to take it literally and miss out :)

No idea if I'll make it to this, but I'll note that Luxembourg produces some excellent wines, especially dry whites and sparkling wines, though they are seldom seen here in the US. This makes perfect sense in terms of geography: the country's eastern border is the Moselle River. In Germany, on the other side of the stream, the Mosel region is one of the biggest of the country's 13 wine-producing regions -- and certainly the most famous, especially for high-quality white wines both sweet and dry.

Luxembourgian wines are made with grapes such as Müller-Thurgau, Riesling, Auxerrois Blanc, Gewürtztraminer, Pinot Gris, and Pinot Blanc, and tend to be similar in style to the wines produced in Alsace and some parts of Germany with the same varietals.

They also produce several varieties of sweet wines: Vendanges tardives (late harvest), Vin de Glace (ice wine), and Vin de Paille (straw wine, made from raisinated grapes in a style similar to Italian vin santo). All can be quite excellent.

A few years back, the DC chapter of the German Wine Society had a tasting I attended  -- it conveniently overlapped with the Capclave convention, a few Metro stops away -- that was held at the Embassy of Luxembourg, featuring roughly two dozen wines from that country. I was quite impressed with most of the wines they served.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Luxembourg is a lot closer to us than the upcoming Worldcons, for sure, so I would say we're more likely to go here than there... I'm just not sure when I'll be back into the swing of traveling and visiting places yet. I've gotten very used to relaxing in my own burrow, free from dealing with those outside, inconsistent and irrational humans. :D

19 hours ago, Lil Red Head said:

Luxembourg is a lot closer to us than the upcoming Worldcons, for sure, so I would say we're more likely to go here than there... I'm just not sure when I'll be back into the swing of traveling and visiting places yet. I've gotten very used to relaxing in my own burrow, free from dealing with those outside, inconsistent and irrational humans. :D

Cons attract the best kind of inconsistent and irrational humans and Luxcons are especially good. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived