US Politics: Stamping out Chauvinism

Fragile Bird

Nice of the judge to wait until the markets are closed.

I’m expecting conviction in the manslaughter charge. But it has been pretty fast, maybe they’ll acquit. Don’t think so, but also the reason I don’t think they’ll convict on the two more serious charges.

I will optimistically predict that he is found guilty of murder 3.  From what I've read there are some legal hurdles to clear to get to murder 2 that aren't a great fit for this case, so murder 3 is probably the best we can hope for. 

19 minutes ago, aceluby said:

Chauvin verdict will be in at 3:30 CST today.  I was just in Uptown and they are really prepared for the worst.  Everything is boarded up and the only thing open is McDonalds.

My employer just sent anyone who was in the office or in the field home.

37 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I will optimistically predict that he is found guilty of murder 3.  From what I've read there are some legal hurdles to clear to get to murder 2 that aren't a great fit for this case, so murder 3 is probably the best we can hope for. 

For me optimistically the manslaughter charge.

Realistically I expect a full on aquital for all charges.

15 minutes ago, Fez said:

Hopefully its a peaceful night now.

The cops might riot instead... 

ETA: Speaking as a human being, what a great relief! This verdict is not going to cure the numerous problems of U. S. (and other places') policing, but it is a small yet very significant step in the right direction. It signals to "the bad apples" that there IS a limit to what you can get away with. That's a (much needed) start! 

I wasn't expecting this.  I really wasn't.  

So far, outside it's quiet.  No helicopters.  Yet.  Maybe the cops are getting ready to riot?  Though I have come in from a long afternoon out, and I was surprised on my way hone that I didn't see cops anywhere or cop cars or anything.  Maybe they knew ahead of time?

2 minutes ago, Zorral said:

I wasn't expecting this.  I really wasn't.  

So far, outside it's quiet.  No helicopters.  Yet.  Maybe the cops are getting ready to riot?  Though I have come in from a long afternoon out, and I was surprised on my way hone that I didn't see cops anywhere or cop cars or anything.  Maybe they knew ahead of time?

Maybe they'll just take their ball and go home, like they've done in the past.

Just now, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Appeals of jury verdicts are very long rows to hoe.

Sure, but they usually don't have major political figures the night before in that town talking about things, either. Maxine Waters was totally right, and also was pretty stupid to do that right now

4 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Maybe they'll just take their ball and go home, like they've done in the past.

The so-called Bad Apples must be feeling very deflated right now. I bet they were hoping to bash in some skulls tonight, based on their re-affirmed immunity, and now instead everyone in the streets is celebrating... What a bummer! :crying:

Archived